9/27 Glory Sailing- Pervert on Deck Taking Pictures of Semi Nude girls/Woman

GreggV

Did anyone encounter the strange man on the Lido deck and Topless deck snapping pictures of all of the partially clothed women. KT and I saw him snapping pictures of topless woman and a woman poolside in a thong. He later approached KT and asked to take a ptcutre of her while she was on the topless deck sunning. We noticed that he would go up on that deck most when he saw a woman go up and would if they were not paying attention move their tops as if the wind blew them. We called security on him but all they did was confronted him.

Just thought all you partially clad clothed woman might want to be aware for when you cruise of perverts like this and for those who might have witnessed it we were wondering what your thoughts were!

Well I did confront him when he approached my wife but at that point he was not aware she was with anyone nor did he snap her picture (Well that we are aware of) See I was on a drink run when the incident unfolded for the first time. By the time I got back he was gone. The second time I saw him at the pool sneaking snapshots of the only woman there in a thong. I confronted him and told him that this is it and that I knew what he was doing. He apologized and said it was a mistake and that it would happen again. A MISTAKE I told him listen Perv what you are doing is no mistake. Its just worng. Well about and hour later he was changed and back in action. See I have a terrible temper and rather ruin my trip with excessive force we just reported him to security. I knew if i did something I would probably pay too!

There were signs on the way up to the topless deck about no cameras or video but he ignored them! As for the rest of the ship well there were a few woman just topless on the regular decks and as I mentioned earlier one in a thong that I saw. To take pictures without their approval is just wrong! I had made up my mind that had I caught him again that the camera was going overboard regardless of the incident whether it was with my wife involved or some other non expecting lady.

I just thought I would call attention to such actions. On the side note everyon on the TDeck though was well behaved other than this one exception!

A few topless on the regular decks? Really now... WOW! Now THAT is bold...

Never heard of this happening before (well, except for one other time on this very board, but the story was not very believable and I think the OP was the one doing the picture taking :D )... I would think Security would take this very seriously... I believe I would have gone past Security... however, I just don't see how they would just "confront" him and leave him alone. Did they take the film? I would think they would have stayed close to the funnel deck if such an infraction had taken place...

=GoinCruisin]A few topless on the regular decks? Really now... WOW! Now THAT is bold...Never heard of this happening before (well, except for one other time on this very board, but the story was not very believable and I think the OP was the one doing the picture taking :D )... I would think Security would take this very seriously...

Once, on the Spirit there was a Lady sunning topless on the Lido deck. She was at the very back of the ship, and quietly sunned topless for quite some time. No one bothered her, nor did she seem to bother anyone else. So yes, it can and does sometimes occur. I imagine that security would have intervened had it posed a problem, but since she didn't create a scene about it, nor did anyone else, they left her alone.

Sorry Spoilt, I just realized that my post made it sound like the lady topless on the regular deck was what I had "never heard of happening"... actually I was referring to the mad papparazzi :D Sorry for the confusion... it's Monday...

Sorry Spoilt, I just realized that my post made it sound like the lady topless on the regular deck was what I had "never heard of happening"... actually I was referring to the mad papparazzi :D Sorry for the confusion... it's Monday...

LOL--thats ok...and yes....its Monday here too (I hate Mondays!) this day can't end quick enough.

Spoilt

LOL--thats ok...and yes....its Monday here too (I hate Mondays!) this day can't end quick enough.

Spoilt

Don't I KNOW IT!!!! Actually, the next 17 days can't go by quick enough :D Can't concentrate on ANYTHING!!!!!!! All this talk of the Lido Deck, just makes it worse!!!!!!!!

Yes security did intervene and they confronted the gentlman. First they watched him for some time once we pointed him out. My wife and I watched and they followed him from pool to pool.

Anyhow security eventually confronted the man and talked with him for about 5 minutes but never took his camera or anything. They did come to us and tell us that what he was doing was permitted on the regular decks but if they catch him on the topless deck then they could pursue it. I will say they did stand at the stair base of the topless deck periodically which was comforting but still not reassuring.

When I referenced the topless sunbathers there were only 2 or three that I or my wife actually saw on the regular decks. It was clear that these woman were foreign though and possible not aware of the specified area for this type of stuff. I was suprised security did not approach them though.

Like I said its just something I wanted to post. Take it or leave it. I know we were offended and most likely this is not a common occurence but I felt it worth mentioning.

LOL....there are 17 people viewing this thread as I type.....somebody HELP us!........Ok, yes I've seen topless recently on Elation and Triumph mixed in side by side with all the others on a crowded deck but on the side of the ship....seemed the waiter was around more often......might not be a bad place to enjoy the sun!;)

I am offended at the thought of topless women on the lido deck where the main pool is! There are no doubt children and teens around there and it seems to me that more people should have been upset about this. The reason they have a topless deck is for women to sun with no top on....duh! So why would they want to expose themselves in the company of kids? Dont that beat all! I think I will complain to security about nude women on the lido deck! As for picture taking perv...........camera overboard!

From what I saw the topless woman were at the extreme minimum on the regular decks. with all the people out sunning and enjoying the weather its very easy to miss them so I don't think its a huge issue. sure there is a dedicated place for it and I agree it should be used but to some this is just natural practice depending on the country you are from.

Trust me I thought about taking his camera and throwing it overboard I just wasn't sure what implications I would face. It was my honeymoon vacation and I certainly did not want to spend it along side this wierdo and security. this is what stopped me I believe! No had it just been me and him and no one around the camera would have definately been overboard!

You are probably right GreggV. The few that might have their tops off will most likely be missed or overlooked for spotting the slide. I just worry about my kids going up to someone and asking "Why are you naked? You are gonna get arrested!" Seven year olds can be that way! I do think several countries think nothing of nude sunning so hopefully I can just steer my kids in the other direction should this come up.

This whole thing makes me a little leery. People like that freak me out and I am traveling with just my sister. I want to "try" new things and having some freak up on the topless deck sneaking pictures of me isn't one of them. But I do want to try the topless deck, just for the sheer fact of being able to say I tried it if not for the tan. Hopefully there will be some guys watching out for us like you on our ship. Thanks for proving not all guys are pervs!

I say if going topless or wearing a thong is your thing then do it just be aware of what is going on around you that's all. Some might not be bothered and possibly flattered by someone taking their picture but I believe the majority would be bothered.

Trust me we were not the only ones who notice this guy. There were atleast two other couples that we encountered who new of him and i am sure more. Like I said its your vacation do as you wish but to have to constantly keep an eye out for people like this does put a damper on some of the fun!

Oh well. I hope this information proved handy. That was soley my intent. Take care all!

Archived