New book on board program

Legend

I just came back from a cruise on the Liberty. They have a new program that has just started on the Liberty. If you book your next cruise on board they give you up to $200 OBC (amount depends on cruise length) and two vouchers for friends and family for the same OBC if they go on the same cruise as you and book within 60 days,

If you don't know when you want to go you can deposit $100 and buy a certificate for up to $200 OBC to be used in the next 5 years and fully refundable if you can't go. The $100 is applied as payment when you book and then they apply the OBC.

They said that Liberty is the first ship and then Valor, Freedom and Splendor and if it works well they will put it on most of the other ships.

They are directly from Carnival so no CVC or any third party. They were great people and fun to sit and chat to, we had a blast having a chat every time we walked by the desk.

Thanks Janis, Danny and Randy.

Don't miss out folks if you are going on the above ships, it's free money!!

I forgot to mention that the OBC is combinable with all other promotions except for military and interline. Also if you book on board then the booking is made with the same person you booked the present cruise with. If you booked with a travel agent they book it with them or if you used a PVP they give them the credit. I think that's great because everyone is happy as they said.

This was first reported before I sailed on Miracle in December. I was under the impression that they had been doing this on a handful of ships since about October or November.

And, of course, none of the ships I'm on has this available.

I just came back from a cruise on the Liberty. They have a new program that has just started on the Liberty. If you book your next cruise on board they give you up to $200 OBC (amount depends on cruise length) and two vouchers for friends and family for the same OBC if they go on the same cruise as you and book within 60 days,

If you don't know when you want to go you can deposit $100 and buy a certificate for up to $200 OBC to be used in the next 5 years and fully refundable if you can't go. The $100 is applied as payment when you book and then they apply the OBC.

They said that Liberty is the first ship and then Valor, Freedom and Splendor and if it works well they will put it on most of the other ships.

They are directly from Carnival so no CVC or any third party. They were great people and fun to sit and chat to, we had a blast having a chat every time we walked by the desk.

Thanks Janis, Danny and Randy.

Don't miss out folks if you are going on the above ships, it's free money!!

We'll be buying a few of those certs when we sail Liberty in June. We already have our cruise booked for next year, but we'll buy certificates to book each year for the next five. That's a great return on an investment. :)

Sounds like the Princess Future Cruise Credit program. You buy a FCC for $100 and that gets deposit reduced to $100 per person. The buy in $100 goes toward that when you book your cruise. Plus OBC amount depends on if IS or OV and length of cruise. Plus Friends and Family coupons for the same deal for them.

I forgot to mention that the OBC is combinable with all other promotions except for military and interline. Also if you book on board then the booking is made with the same person you booked the present cruise with. If you booked with a travel agent they book it with them or if you used a PVP they give them the credit. I think that's great because everyone is happy as they said.

If its like Princess or RCL, you can request NOT to have it booked with your present TA. I didnt think until later that I didnt want my booking with my TA until I transferred it later when Im sure I want to go. My TA has now added a cancellation fee. You should be able to request to have the booking with Carnival instead of your TA.

If its like Princess or RCL, you can request NOT to have it booked with your present TA. I didnt think until later that I didnt want my booking with my TA until I transferred it later when Im sure I want to go. My TA has now added a cancellation fee. You should be able to request to have the booking with Carnival instead of your TA.

You must have a bad TA, as ours has never charged us a cancellation fee for any travel.

You must have a bad TA, as ours has never charged us a cancellation fee for any travel.

Bad TA is a matter of opinion. We have the large warehouse TA and never had a problem except they just added this $25 pp cancel fee, so now Im going to book thru Carnival and wait to transfer the booking.

I like the 10% off the price of the cruise so will still use them, just not to book originally. Doesnt make them a bad or good TA to have this new fee imo, just one more thing to deal with.

All the good deals exclude military. :(

I was just on the Valor this past February/March doing a back to back and I bought into this, each week, I was told it was only $ 100.00 obc and had to be used within 18 months. Is this the same thing, should I call and check into this or do they change the rules daily. Is it for again new members

I am about to hit my 9th and 10th cruise next February and every time I try to get a bargain such as senior discount or past guest discount or a free up grade. I always book with Carnival it is either not on that sailing or not on the cat. or some other exuse, I have always paid top money what is listed on the web site like all new people.

Now with this new one day sale this week I was told I already booked. It was for new bookings.

Excuse? :confused:

They simply don't offer past guest discounts on every sailing. They don't offer senior discounts on every sailing or even on every cabin category on the sailing that do offer it.

I've gotten a PG "upgrade" on 3 cruises. I didn't get ANY break on my Glory cruise.

If I have to reschedule my Fascination cruise, I'll lose the PG upgrade (and the base price is higher). It just happens.

I've never had a price drop. Prices have ALWAYS gone up after I've booked. If I hadn't wanted the cruise at that price, I wouldn't have booked.

Come on. If you're Platinum, you should know this and not feel you're somehow being cheated just because the cruises you've chosen don't happen to have the rock bottom prices AND upgrades AND credits!

please do not be snooty, it was just a question .........

I read how different folks receive different upgrades either on sales or senior discount or an upgrade, OBC , I am just trying to figure out , what I need to do . I am very happy with what I pay, and will keep cruising, thats all.

now I see why some people shy away from asking a question !!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds great. You would know they would start it after I just sailed last week on the Freedom. Oh well, there will be future cruises!

I'm interested...since you just off the Freedom...were the shows good?? Did you even go to them?

Especially curious about the male singer...thanks

I'm interested...since you just off the Freedom...were the shows good?? Did you even go to them?

Especially curious about the male singer...thanks

The male singer was good and definitely eye candy. His name is Kevin Jayroe and the female is Louise Eddens. She had quite a vocal range and was very good.

The first show, The Big Easy, was OK, but defintely could have been better if they had picked better New Orleans songs. Cajun music would have been an improvement.

Ticket to Ride is excellent! It is all Beatles songs and should not be missed.

The third production show was Jump, Jive and Wail. I could take it or leave it.

Be sure to go to the Legends show on the last night. Passengers impersonate Frank Sinatra, Garth Brooks, Madonna, Elton John, etc. It was a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived