Carnival ships that Don't use your ss card

DqALEX

Not being a smart Alec, but what difference does it make?

If the S&S IS the room key, that's good, only one thing to carry. If its not then its just like home. My credit cards don't unlock the house, I have to use a key. So prehistoric, I knowwww.

Dan

LOL Dan I know what you mean. When I'm on the ship on sea days I carry no wallet, no keys, just my ss card and my drink. When I was on the celebration I lost that key card twice. I have the Carnival Freedom up next for New Years and the Inspiration for January, so I guess I'm safe

the ving cards don't work so well with the lanyards either.

But they don't get demagnatized like my s&s card does EVERY cruise.

Knock wood I have never had a problem with my ss card

So, is it a possibilty that the Fantasy, Holiday, and Sensation have SOME rooms that use the vingcard and some that use the S&S card as the key? All I know is that the Inspiration, in my case, uses the S&S card to open the door.

So, is it a possibilty that the Fantasy, Holiday, and Sensation have SOME rooms that use the vingcard and some that use the S&S card as the key? All I know is that the Inspiration, in my case, uses the S&S card to open the door.

Did you have a good time on the inspiration. We have it booked for next january

LOL Dan I know what you mean. When I'm on the ship on sea days I carry no wallet, no keys, just my ss card and my drink. When I was on the celebration I lost that key card twice. I have the Carnival Freedom up next for New Years and the Inspiration for January, so I guess I'm safe

S&S card on the lanyard, drink in hand, bunch of singles, and couple of 5's in pockets. [bartender & waiter/ess xtra tips]. No keys, no wallet. Oops chapstik in pocket..

S&S card on the lanyard, drink in hand, bunch of singles, and couple of 5's in pockets. [bartender & waiter/ess xtra tips]. No keys, no wallet. Oops chapstik in pocket..

Now thats my kind of cruise

I know it's already been said, but I just got off the Sensation today. Had an Interior cabin on the Empress deck and used my S&S card for the room.

Shane A.

they must be changing out the locks then. When we were on Sensation in Feb, we still had a seperate key. Maybe that was all the construction we heard while on board then.

When I was on the Fascination in March, we received notice that during that cruise some rooms were having their locks upgraded to the ones that used the S&S cards, I would guess that its most likely been completed by now. In April, on the Sensation I used my S&S card for the door. I think that they are in the process of switching them all over, its much more convenient.

They may be switching some now, but as I said before we cruised on Fantasy in NOV '05, going on 3 years ago and we had only our S&S which opened our door.

Whew...

I am booked on the Holiday this August, and am just glad to read that I don't have to carry around a big plastic key fob with a real metal key hanging from it. :p

When I was on the Fascination in March, we received notice that during that cruise some rooms were having their locks upgraded to the ones that used the S&S cards, I would guess that its most likely been completed by now. In April, on the Sensation I used my S&S card for the door. I think that they are in the process of switching them all over, its much more convenient.

That would be good if its done before the ship goes to Jaxport. I hope to sail on the Fascination soon

Archived