Dress Code - Beat a dead horse?

Frank12

I don't think shorts are "officially" sanctioned. The literature on the Ecstasy, from which we returned just today, clearly said no shorts or bathing suits allowed in the dining room at dinner time. The only ones I saw were the night we had just left Cozumel. One party of six showed up in shorts, t shirts, halter tops, and even a cheap parreo wrapped around a bathing suit. They walked right in when the doors were opened. The head waiters didn't say a word, but they did roll their eyes.

I guess the Ecstasy cruise director is asleep at the switch.

The Carnival website says otherwise.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts;

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faqs/dining_room_dress_requirements.aspx

I guess the Ecstasy cruise director is asleep at the switch.

The Carnival website says otherwise.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts;

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faqs/dining_room_dress_requirements.aspx

While the website has had that on there for at least 2 weeks, the date announced officially was 5/19.

We all know how reliable CCL's website is.

Bill

I believe the subject was dress codes and such' date=' not behavior... or did I miss something?

[/quote']

Apparently you missed all the posts in various threads that incorrectly attempt (and fail) to link what someone wears with manners, upbringing, inbreeding, knuckle scraping and other such insults by the It's All About Me Me Me Snobbery Clan .

While the website has had that on there for at least 2 weeks, the date announced officially was 5/19.

We all know how reliable CCL's website is.

Bill

It used to be good enough for the Snobbery clan to regularly quote from it as if it was Gospel. Could it be possible that they were wrong (a rhetorical question)?

I'm sure that there are many folks who are cheerleaders for other lines (as we are for Carnival...) who would be shocked by the attire in main dining. Many of these folks believe that Carnival guest dress in Speedos and t-shirts on formal night. That just isn't the case. As Fred said, most folks understand that they have an investment in their vacation and want to make it as special as possible...

Not a cheerleader from any line .. we like to try them all but I must admit the wording of the new dress code did have me worried until I thought .. hmm I don't have to dress like everyone else now do I !! But it is truly nice to hear that this is the case .. I don't care what everyone else wears but it does make for a nicer ambiance when people want to make it special.

Apparently you missed all the posts in various threads that incorrectly attempt (and fail) to link what someone wears with manners, upbringing, inbreeding, knuckle scraping and other such insults by the It's All About Me Me Me Snobbery Clan .

Perhaps you're right. However, it wasn't my intention to lecture anyone or to be judgemental. Like others, I have an opinion and feel free to express it here. I don't believe any mention was made of knuckle scraping, inbreeding or any other insults.

As for belonging to some Clan of some sort, I certainly must disagree with that moniker. As I said, what one choses to wear is none of my concern and doesn't affect me one way or the other. I am simply making an observation and expressing my opinion in response to the thread...the same as everyone else.

Perhaps you're right. However' date=' it wasn't my intention to lecture anyone or to be judgemental. Like others, I have an opinion and feel free to express it here. I don't believe any mention was made of knuckle scraping, inbreeding or any other insults.

As for belonging to some Clan of some sort, I certainly must disagree with that moniker. As I said, what one choses to wear is none of my concern and doesn't affect me one way or the other. I am simply making an observation and expressing my opinion in response to the thread...the same as everyone else.[/quote']

I understood that the first several times you said it. Some posters like to get a lot of mileage out of a dead horse.

Just back from the Glory, and we didn't notice anything different in the manner of dress for the so-called formal nights than any of our other cruises. As for that, we did not see anyone in shorts in the main dining room on any night with the exception of the 1st night. evidently some of these had not received their luggage, which has happened to us on previous cruises.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I just returned from the Liberty and I must say I was very impressed with my fellow cruisers dining room attire. Even with the new "relaxed" dress code, the dining room attire was impressive. Elegant night looked just like the formal nights I'm used to. I didn't see anyone without a tie on during the first night ( a few on the second elegant night ) but all still looked good. Even on regular nights, most people wore dress pants with collared shirts. One or two pairs of shorts were seen, but even they looked good - not raggy old blue jeans. Cudos to my fellow cruisers! You looked great:D

Frank, I agree with your post. We just returned from the Freedom before it went to the Med and were very pleased with the attire of our fellow passengers. While we didn't see as many Tuxedos, we did see a majority of the passengers in at least a sport coat and tie. Elegant night was actually pretty formal. You know what, I don't remember seeing anyone in shorts at dinner. As for Host Mach saying what other lines think about Carnival's formal night, didn't see any Speedos:eek: either...LOL

I just looked at the Freedoms Capers and the wording for dress on non Elegant night is "Dinner-Dress code tonight is:Cruise Casual". On Elegant nights the Caper paper stated,"Dinner-Dress code tonight is: Cruise Elegant"

I am still lost after these past few years of being here.. as to why what somebody wears concerns anybody else..:rolleyes: something elegant to some maybe trash to another .. so why not just go enjoy the food and your vacation.. and leave the rest alone.. The world really doesn't really revolve around you alone;)

And this subject will keep being brought up and up and up and up and up.. I am sure I will be here at 90 and somebody will be complaining about what is now considered elegant formal wear..:eek: give it a rest already.. NOBODY IS THE SAME.. that is what makes this world go round .. live with it.. or create your own personal ship and restaurant to suit your vacation needs!!

Sorry for the rant..;)

Archived