RCCL spa internal detox products????

I visited the spa onboard for a seminar about detoxing the body. I know the products were by "Elemis", but not sure which they would be. It would've been a 180 day colon/liver cleansing program. I am really intereste din doing it but need more info to find the right product online.

Any helpful info??????

Thanks!

Hello, Here is the link to the detox you can buy online

http://www.timetospa.com/product.asp?category%5Fname=142&product%5Fid=00420&ParentOid=118

My DH and I attended the seminar, and I actually talked to the detox gal, Sharon from South Africa about it. It seems interesting. She actually talked me out of a detox therapy because DH and I are trying to have a baby...

Good Luck

I visited the spa onboard for a seminar about detoxing the body. I know the products were by "Elemis", but not sure which they would be. It would've been a 180 day colon/liver cleansing program. I am really intereste din doing it but need more info to find the right product online.

Any helpful info??????

Thanks!

UGGGH! the one thing I don't love about RCCL! why do they try to sell these products??? a cleanse is a cleanse. Google "Lemon Cleanse" and you'll get all the benefit you need, I do it for about 10 days at a time. you can buy farm raised algae at GNC for about $ 10 a bottle. or try the "miracle cleanse" if you just really want to see what happens. your body is in constant cleanse mode. read the book "Alkalize or die" or google the "natural cancer cure",,, ok can I have $1050?? LOL:) - I'll make fun of myself now, I've bought about every single lotion, potion, and med available but you don't need to be sold. my SIL bought the ELEMIS stuff on Liberty last year. and,,,,hhmmm I never heard a thing about it afterwards. I really loved the trainer on Liberty and maybe the same one you met but I have never heard anyone say how amazing this stuff was after they got home..... can anyone tell me different:o

At least the price you pay for Elemis on the ship is the same as you on-line, minus the shipping fee. If we're running low and have an upcoming cruise planned, we wait and stock up on the ship.

We too like the Elemis Detox items and we buy it mail order usually. We too buy it when on the ship as we save shipping, etc. Some lines have spa coupons to give you a discount too. We only buy the parts we want, not the whole expensive program that is sometimes suggested. Just do like you would do with anything else,,, be a wise shopper.

So which products do you suggest to use?? I have never done a detox. I am not overweight I have 5-10 to loose. They told me at the spa I have 5 pounds of toxic water in my body according to the metabolic profile. They suggested a 180 day cleanse that had 3 products that cleanse, replenish and something else....but I have no idea which they were.

Calval- How often do you use the cleanse? I was told if I do it I wouldn't have to do it again for 5years or more. It would have been 650 onboard!!!! How were your results? what did you like best about the Elemis line???

I would avoid buying anything like this on a cruise. You can probably find cheaper stuff at your local health food store or GNC. I have had a few massages at the spas, but have never been offered to buy anything extgra....maybe they only try the hard-sell on women?

• 1 year later...

I came home from a RCCL cruise with a bag full of the 6 mo detox items: Deep-Drainage, Cal-Metab Plus, Vitality, Silouette. I've done other more drastic cleasing programs. It was uncomfortable & I couldn't leave home for very long. After less than a week, my constipation problem is gone. It is very gentle & gradual. I will post more info, as I gain exerience with this program.

I fail to understand how ingesting an irritant can possibly "detoxify." Eat a healthy diet. Get a decent amount of exercise.

If you have any question get a copy of Penn & Teller's BullS*** on Itunes. The episode on detoxifying will run you about $1.99 and save you a ton of money with no risk of causing bowel or kidney or electrolyte problems.

After less than a week, my constipation problem is gone. It is very gentle & gradual. I will post more info, as I gain exerience with this program.

Maybe not as gradual, but Taco Bell has more or less the same effect on me. And for far less money.

But funny someone mentioned a lemon cleanse in this thread. I don't usually drink lemonade, but since it's free, I've been drinking a lot of it on my three cruises. I've also had a bit of a problem with the runs on all of my cruises. I switched to iced tea with a few drips of lemonade for the second half of my last cruise and I was fine again. Lesson learned.

If you seem to be having the same problem, try something other than lemonade.

Oh, other late breaking news... I found a 24 hour source of cold water on the Majesty. One water fountain near the rock climbing wall deck 11, about 150 aft of the pools. When you're getting sun and sweating a lot, they really want you buying from the bar, but if you're cheap like me, this a good option... if you can find one on your ship.

Ray

A couple years ago a friend I was traveling with came back from the spa with $500 worth of pills that were supposed to detoxify her and make her lose weight. After taking the pills for the 3 month course, she was not an ounce thinner and out $500.

So which products do you suggest to use?? I have never done a detox. I am not overweight I have 5-10 to loose. They told me at the spa I have 5 pounds of toxic water in my body according to the metabolic profile. They suggested a 180 day cleanse that had 3 products that cleanse, replenish and something else....but I have no idea which they were.

Calval- How often do you use the cleanse? I was told if I do it I wouldn't have to do it again for 5years or more. It would have been 650 onboard!!!! How were your results? what did you like best about the Elemis line???

180 days? That is 6 months! If you really want to do a detox, you might try the Arbonne 7 day detox. It is botanically based. You can send me your e-mail address if you want more info.

• 3 months later...

This post is fantastic to know about different products. There are several products available in the market. People who are physically, emotionally and mentally stressed-out can best recover their strength by trying particular detox products and diets. Choosing the right body detox products can be a complicated job, particularly if people don't know what they are looking for.

Archived