Constellation 5/31/08 Cabin Upgrade

smurfs

Received a call from my travel agent yesterday. Says Celebrity is running a promotion - for a small fee I can upgrade my outside cabin to a balcony. It is a guaranteed cabin which means I will not know where it is until I check-in. Has anyone else heard of this?

We are sailing on 17th May on Connie and tried to see if it was possible to pay for an upgrade from an outside to a balcony cabin. Our TA in the US said it was not possible. There are quite a few cabins still available but the TA says they are for new bookings only. Very frustrating!

Received a call from my travel agent yesterday. Says Celebrity is running a promotion - for a small fee I can upgrade my outside cabin to a balcony. It is a guaranteed cabin which means I will not know where it is until I check-in. Has anyone else heard of this?

Go for it! You'll love having a balcony on your itinerary, especially going into/out of Stockholm.

This is not unusual. If there is an abundance of cabins available, cruiselines will sometimes offer an upgrade for a small fee. They like having the inexpensive ones left to sell cheap at the last minute, so they prefer to upgrade those in the less expensive cabins.

I say go for it. You will love having a balcony.

Off thread,but:

Ruth, I love your GSPs!

Thank you. Love yours too! My Brandy will be 9 in July (almost all brown), and Scooter is just over a year. . .and will be lucky if I let her live to see her 2nd b-day (I really do love her but she can be destructo-dog - I have holes big enough for gun emplacements in the yard - maybe I should plant some trees in them).;)

Thank you. Love yours too! My Brandy will be 9 in July (almost all brown), and Scooter is just over a year. . .and will be lucky if I let her live to see her 2nd b-day (I really do love her but she can be destructo-dog - I have holes big enough for gun emplacements in the yard - maybe I should plant some trees in them).;)

Our Freckles (8 - on right) was hell-on-paws when he was a pup. Unfortunately destructo-dog did most of his damage inside and left the yard nice and intact. We got Diamond Jack when he was 7 (now 11) so he was nice and mature. GSPs are a great breed!

Yes!!! Ask at the port for sure.... especially if you get there early. We have gotten two decent upgrades at the port for a small fee. They aren't giving them away, that is for sure... but we did get a very nice upgrade for FAR less expensive than it was at booking.

Have a blast... but agree, a balcony is a great great thing!

Archived