Rcci Wins..............

Hi, I was on the same cruise as Kidless and I too loved it. It was my first time on Mariner and I would say I'd put her up as one of RCCL's best ships, might give a slight edge to the Jewel.

Our cruise was May 11 and there were very few kids onboard. One way to avoid "obnoxious" kids is to book when school's still in session.

Hey Kathryn, Wasn't it a blast!!! We had so much fun. As far as the kids we have taken many cruises off school season and were always surprised at how many kids there were on board and how unsupervised they are. So it was really nice on the Mariner, not that we mind kids but the ones there were very well behaved and supervised!!!

As always, the obnoxious passenger ratio can vary from sailing to sailing. I've been on a Carnival cruise with 1300 kids and didn't notice them, and I've been on an RCI one with 500 that totally annoyed the heck out of me (puliing roomservice menus off the door, sitting in elevators, etc).

I agree with a lot of what the OP says though. One small note ... those nice RCI showers are only available on Voyager class ships and above ... if you cruise anything older, you'll get the standard curtain and "keep the floor dry" game. ;)

Honestly, the only "chair hog police" that I have ever seen were on FOS. :D They were pretty good, especially in the solarium.

The "chair hog police" do a pretty good job on Brilliance.....they put pieces of tape with the time on unoccupied chairs with towels, etc. and recheck them.

They really do need to address this---and BE CONSISTENT.

One small note ... those nice RCI showers are only available on Voyager class ships and above ... if you cruise anything older, you'll get the standard curtain and "keep the floor dry" game. ;)

There are a couple of the Radiance class ships that have the curved shower door instead of the curtain too. The Jewel & the Serenade....we've been on them so know first hand...we love these doors!!:)

Archived