No Luggage Tags

martodd

We were just wondering if anyone had any experience with not receiving luggage tags in with their cruise documents?

We just got our packets and they were not there. I called Celebrity and the first person I spoke with said there was nothing they could do. I asked for a manager and they told me that the only thing I could do was to have my documents reprinted at a cost of $35 to me, or use the tags the porters have at the pier.

I know this may be a small thing to some people, but this is the only reason that we get the paper documents, otherwise we would get the e-docs. We are traveling with three children and the last thing we want to do is fill out the tags at the pier for 5 people. As I said, I know it is a little thing, but the thought of paying $35 for new packets when they told me that they should be in there, and do not know why they aren't just really gets to me.:confused:

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Once I booked so late that the cruise line said they could not send me my luggage tags. They said to get them at the pier and fill them in. While that will work, it's just an extra hassle I did not want. So I had my TA call and they sent them overnight.

When you opt for the paper tickets can you not still go on line and get the etags? I've always received them. This is just a guess.

Did you use a travel agent who, like the above poster, might be able to get them overnighted to you? Good luck.

I have had the paper ones and then had an upsell and had to hand change them. They arrived in the cabin just fine.

Purple Cow is correct, just print some address labels out with your name and cabin number and just stick them on the luggage tags you get at the pier. It will only take a minute or less to attached them and the porter will be happy to help you out. I know that having them missing is a disappointment, but don't allow something like that to put a dapper on the fact that you are going on a CRUISE!! :D

Thanks for the input.

My travel agent is on vacation, I will see if there is anything she can do when she gets home. If not I will go the address label route.

As I said, it is a little thing, but one that is always looked forward to. Especially since this is a make up cruise as we were on the Millennium that was cancelled last year.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the input.

My travel agent is on vacation, I will see if there is anything she can do when she gets home. If not I will go the address label route.

As I said, it is a little thing, but one that is always looked forward to. Especially since this is a make up cruise as we were on the Millennium that was cancelled last year.

Thanks again for your help.

I didn't get paper documents on my last Mercury cruise and really missed having the luggage tags, so I used an Excel file to made up tags that were almost identical to the sample tag they sent me in my e-docs. I have a laminator so I laminated them but you could also cut them apart and cover them with clear packing tape to laminate them. When we arrived at the pier, I put the tags on with cable ties (I had pre-punched the tags before I left home). My tags were really sturdy, and I doubt anyone would have noticed they were not the real thing.

This might have seemed like a bit of work to some people, but I just hate writing out the tags at the pier, and somehow, I just need to have those coloured tags---I don't really feel like I'm going on a cruise 'til I have them in my travel folder.

If you don't have any luck with Celebrity, and you want my Excel file, I would be happy to send it to you. Just let me know and I will give you my email address. It would only take about 5 minutes to customize the file to your needs, if you have even a little experience with Excel.

All that being said, I hope your TA can get the tags from Celebrity...for what we pay for cruises, the least we should be able to get are our luggage tags!!

Here are my handmade tags....

1233181408_LuggageTags.jpg.91745f4b5a07558c26e1b1d0bd4dcbb9.jpg

We have obtained tags from the porters at the pier....it is no big deal and only takes moments to fill out.

The pre printing of lables to attach to all luggage would be easy, but to have to fill out say 7 - 10 tags for each piece of luggage (estimated baggage based on 5 passengers, and dealing with 3 children at same time) could be time consuming and frustrating at the pier !

The pre printing of lables to attach to all luggage would be easy, but to have to fill out say 7 - 10 tags for each piece of luggage (estimated baggage based on 5 passengers, and dealing with 3 children at same time) could be time consuming and frustrating at the pier !

I absolutely agree. I just want to sail through those lines and get on board the ship as soon as possible. Stopping to fill out even 5 tags is just too annoying. That's why I am happy to prepare the tags beforehand, in the comfort of my home, with no distractions, and not trying to balance purses, tote bags, travel documents, luggage etc. I can't even imagine what it would be like with children! :o

we have always received luggage tags and never bothered with them

tags are easily obtainable at the ship so we get them ther its not a big deal, certainly nothing to get worked up about

takes no time at all to write name and cabin number

we have always received luggage tags and never bothered with them

tags are easily obtainable at the ship so we get them ther its not a big deal, certainly nothing to get worked up about

takes no time at all to write name and cabin number

Why in the world would you wait to fill out luggage tags at the pier when you are provided them with your cruise docs and can take care of that in advance and have one less thing to worry about ??? To each his or her own I guess. :D

Why in the world would you wait to fill out luggage tags at the pier when you are provided them with your cruise docs and can take care of that in advance and have one less thing to worry about ???
We used to think that way too, until we forgot to bring along our luggage tags for a cruise several years ago. Once we found out how easy and convenient it is to get them at the pier, we have never since bothered to bring them from home again.

Bringing them from home was when we had to worry about remembering to pack and take them along. Getting them at the pier, there is no worry at all. It takes less than a minute to print our name and cabin number on 4 tags.

The only documents we need to remember to bring along when we board a cruise ship these days are our passports and the one-page express pass.

But whichever method one prefers, it is really no big deal and certainly nothing to stress about. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Color codes are generally for offloading luggage, not onloading.

According to a hotel director I spoke to on one ship, the colour codes are to facilitate sorting for delivery to the cabins, and this makes perfect sense, as the colour codes on luggage tags have nothing to do with the colours you are given for disembarkation.

I am happy to use whatever system helps the cruiseline get our bags to our stateroom quickly and correctly. :)

I have not sailed with Celebrity for several years. If e-docs will be used, how are the luggage tags delivered?

Thanks.

B

I've read on other threads that you are supposed to print them out, LAMINATE THEM, make the proper holes in them and attach them.

While some people love craft projects, I think I'll wait til I get to the pier.

I went through this same scene...I wanted those tags filled out before I arrived and insisted that the cruise line send them to me asap. I watched a family at the holding station fill out those tags while we were all told to move in front of them and board the shuttle to the pier. I felt bad for them because they too, had around 10 pieces of luggage, and had to stay behind to fill them out.

I just got back from Summit and my family didn't have the tags, we had a total of 12. Our TA said they don't send them out anymore. The bags went on the bus with us from our hotel (we did precruise), we told a celebrity agent at the dock and he put them on for us. Just make sure you know your stateroom number. It held us up for 5 min; the agent would write our stateroom on the tags and we helped put them on.

I have not sailed with Celebrity for several years. If e-docs will be used, how are the luggage tags delivered?

Thanks.

B

There is one sample tag included with your e-docs, which you could print out in duplicates, or colour photocopy if you preferred.

I don't know why Celebrity doesn't send a full set of tags in the e-docs, which could be printed out with one click of your mouse. That would be so much easier than having to duplicate the one example for all of your suitcases.

I have a laminator, so I laminate my tags. Some people "laminate" them with clear packing tape.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived