Rhapsody of the Seas - May 23, 2008 Beginning of the Alaskan Season

I am uploading the last of my photos now - from post cruise in Seattle - which feature Snoqualmie Falls, Argosy Harbor Cruise, and the Seattle Aquarium, plus a photo of me at Quest via the Cruise in Review video.

I am uploading the last of my photos now - from post cruise in Seattle - which feature Snoqualmie Falls, Argosy Harbor Cruise, and the Seattle Aquarium, plus a photo of me at Quest via the Cruise in Review video.

Glad to hear that you must have gotten your camera back.:)

Hello everyone! I was on this cruise too....unfortuntatley I did not get to meet you all--I did go up to the pool at 2:30 but didn't see anyone....

oh well....but I have had a great time reading Wrona and Wolfs logs...they are pretty much right on....and I like you all have added the wakey wakey and Good Morning sunshine to my vocabulary...but I LOL when I read the easy peasy one...I forgot about that....Thanks wolf..I needed that today since I have the Back to work blues.....SIGH!!!!! :rolleyes:

and Derek is a riot....I also cracked up about your logs about him and the Del sol rings far less than 1000 dollars LOLOLOL......I never got one tho....never could bring myself to do it.... but then again only went 2 nights. Thanks guys for the memories.....are you all too wondering where you will go next?? ;)

I can not wait to see Derek. You mean you didn't do a recording contract? my shy sister & I sat there all week, everynight, front and center watch & singing and laughing & on the last night of recording, Derek said--wait a minute, why haven't y'all sang & we recorded, much to my sister's horror. so when he gave us our rings, she wanted a hankie ring, so we got 2!!!! they really work and chnage colors too!!!!

QUESTION to those just off--which side of the ship is best for the scenery? we have a JS , not completely aft, but almost (I check every day hoping someone cancels 1 of the AFT JS', on the starboard side & there is 1 left on the port side. Wrona, I noticed that your OS was on the port side. sooooooooooo which has the better scenery to sit on our balcony and watch???

thanks for the posting. hopefully those of us who are on future sailings will keep it up!!!! HINT HINT to those that are going in June & July & before us in Aug. I promise to post the week of Aug 22

Wrona, I heard there is a new menu on The Rhapsody. Can you post it or tell us about it?

When I get the chance, I will reproduce all the info from the new menus. I just have to get caught up at work first.

QUESTION to those just off--which side of the ship is best for the scenery? we have a JS , not completely aft, but almost (I check every day hoping someone cancels 1 of the AFT JS', on the starboard side & there is 1 left on the port side. Wrona, I noticed that your OS was on the port side. sooooooooooo which has the better scenery to sit on our balcony and watch???

There were wonderful views to both sides. There were a few times when I went up to the bow of the ship, or to the starboard side for a different view. At Tracy Arm, port side had the advantage when we turned around.

Jack, I solemnly promise to take care of "our" cabin - and the wraparound balcony!

:cool: Vicki---I saw somewhere that you have 9256 coming up on Seranade. Had that one in November 07. Think I left a cigar butt out on the balcony. Please save it for me, and I'll get it on a future cruise since our cabin choices are similar LOL. JACK:cool:

Hello everyone! I was on this cruise too....unfortuntatley I did not get to meet you all--I did go up to the pool at 2:30 but didn't see anyone....

oh well....

Sorry! Someone in the group decided that overcast was inclement weather and they met in the Schooner Bar. The group from South Africa figured it out and joined us there. Was the pool bar busy??? I hope you started your vacation with a drink anyway!

I am in the process of scanning and uploading compasses, spa prices, internet info, and yes, menus at the moment. When they are all uploaded you can find them here

(or follow the link in my signature). I couldn't remember which night was which for the menus (other than the formal nights) so I've labeled them A, B, C, D, and E. If my fellow sailors can remember and let me know I will rename the menus as info is provided.

I can not wait to see Derek. You mean you didn't do a recording contract? my shy sister & I sat there all week, everynight, front and center watch & singing and laughing & on the last night of recording, Derek said--wait a minute, why haven't y'all sang & we recorded, much to my sister's horror. so when he gave us our rings, she wanted a hankie ring, so we got 2!!!! they really work and chnage colors too!!!!

thanks for the posting. hopefully those of us who are on future sailings will keep it up!!!! HINT HINT to those that are going in June & July & before us in Aug. I promise to post the week of Aug 22

On my two inside passage cruises, we had Starboard balconies because we were told it would have better scenery. We were very happy with that side view, but I imagine the aft view would be wonderful.

I am in the process of scanning and uploading compasses, spa prices, internet info, and yes, menus at the moment. When they are all uploaded you can find them here
(or follow the link in my signature). I couldn't remember which night was which for the menus (other than the formal nights) so I've labeled them A, B, C, D, and E. If my fellow sailors can remember and let me know I will rename the menus as info is provided.

Wrona...I enjoyed reading the menus and trying to figure out what I would have ordered...Do you like fish? I thought that wonderful that they featured "fresh caught" Alaskan fish and wondered how it was. I noticed they had Cod quite a few nights, did you try it?

We tried most of the fish dishes at our table (heck we tried most of the menu items between the 8 of us) and found them very flavorful and moist. We were very impressed.

Wrona...I spent over an hour last night looking at your Alaska pictures. You really captured the beauty of the scenery. I especially enjoyed it because I did the same trip twice....Once in July and once in Sept. Both times we did not see all the snow that yuo had. In July everything was lush and green with lots of flowers. In Sept. the leaves had already turned colors and it was beautiful. The car trip we took on the Yukon Highway had the most gorgeous leaf colors and looked entirely different than your snowy scenery, so it was interesting to see how it was when you were there.

Hey There All,;)

Im Back In South Africa, What A Flight Im Soooooooooo Spaced Out From The Jet Lag. But Have Put In A Full Weeks Work Already Dont Know How I Made It Though. The Holiday In Alaska Was One Of The Best Ive Ever Had. The Helikopter Flight In Skagway Was The Highlight Of My Trip. The White Pass Train Was Also Very Special We Saw 3 Black Bears On That Trip. The Weather Was Wonderfull Only Sun Sun And More Sun My Pics Are Awesome. Well All Good Things Come To An End But The Memories Live On In My Scrap Books.

It Was Really Cool Meeting You All On The Ship We Enjoyed All The Info You Helped Us With.:d

Archived