Philip Stein watches - do they sell in the Princess shops?

jnv

My friend recently went on a Princess cruise and got a Philip Stein watch, she said they cruise shopper was talking about them, so she picked one up at a shop in Aruba, she didn't know if they had them on board. She swears by the watch, said the first few days she was so ill on the ship, but ever since she has worn the watch she has been feeling so much better. Does anyone have any information as to if they sell them onboard and if they truly do help for the seasickness while cruising? Thanks so much.

They do not sell the Phillip Stein watches on board. My wife has purchased a couple in the Caribbean, both on St. Thomas and St. Martens.

I would not assume they could/would help with motion sickness issues.

Chris

My friend recently went on a Princess cruise and got a Philip Stein watch, she said they cruise shopper was talking about them, so she picked one up at a shop in Aruba, she didn't know if they had them on board. She swears by the watch, said the first few days she was so ill on the ship, but ever since she has worn the watch she has been feeling so much better. Does anyone have any information as to if they sell them onboard and if they truly do help for the seasickness while cruising? Thanks so much.

Great marketing ploy, will try it on DH:D :D

Not that I get sea sick:D

I bought one in St-Thomas in December during our Emerald Princess cruise.

I never get seasick so I can't tell you if it works for that but I am VERY prone to migraines and headaches, and ever since I bought the watch, they are GONE!!

I'm pretty impressed...

MC

Nope, they don't sell them on the ship. You can only buy them from authorized dealers (we have a grand total of 3 here in Orlando). I got mine in St. Thomas and agree, much fewer headaches. It's supposed to help with jet lag too, so I'm curious to see if it does when we fly to the Med this summer! :D

do you save a substantial amount buying them at a port vs. a store in the States? My mom just purchased hers at a jewelers locally, just wondering if the duty free shops save money on this particular item. thanks.

I have never heard of the Philip Stein watches. This thread peaked my interest, so I did a search on the web. Sounds very interesting. I'm currently going to an acupuncturist and she often discusses Chi in the body and what affects it and how the acupuncture improves it. Here's the link to their website if anyone is interested in reading more:

http://www.philipstein.com/home.html

Site lists retailers also.

Also found them on amazon.com ... some currently on sale (a number at almost 50% off).

Some additional information I found:

Teslar Watches were named in honor of Nikola Tesla by inventor Andrija Puharich. In the late 1970’s, Puharich was researching the harmful effects of ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) waves on the body. He developed a Teslar chip which was installed in watches that you wear in order to protect people wherever they went.

The Teslar chip emits a frequency of 7.83 Hertz known as the Schumann Resonance. This is the frequency that the entire Earth’s magnetosphere resonates at. When we are in natural environments away from big cities, this is the predominant frequency which our body feels. It has a profound “healing” effect. When we go back to the city, there are many other frequencies that override this resonance putting our body into a more “chaotic” state of being.

By wearing the Teslar Watch, your body is benefiting from this healing frequency, and your system can more effectively rebuild and repair itself.

I have had mine for 3 years now

I used to have heart palpitations >no more since I got the watch.Had to change batterie once .Love my watch

Can any watch repair place change the batteries or do you need to take it to an "authorized" dealer?

Can any watch repair place change the batteries or do you need to take it to an "authorized" dealer?

Due to the sensitive nature of this watch, and since it was rather expensive, I only take it to an authorized dealer from the website for repair and battery changes.

do you save a substantial amount buying them at a port vs. a store in the States? My mom just purchased hers at a jewelers locally, just wondering if the duty free shops save money on this particular item. thanks.

I'm interested in the answer to this question, too, please.

Due to the sensitive nature of this watch, and since it was rather expensive, I only take it to an authorized dealer from the website for repair and battery changes.

I went back and read on their website PLUS talked to the local authorized dealer here today too. I agree, it needs to be done by someone who is familiar with the watch etc.

My husband and I both bought these watches today. Great looking watches and very comfortable. Felt we got really good deals on them, and I liked the idea of buying them locally "if" we had any issues.

I'm so glad this thread was started. Anxious to hear what others have to say about buying the watches out of the US with regards to pricing. Would like to have one of the bracelets at some point. Would rather wear a bracelet at nighttime rather than the watch if I'm going to wear it 24 hours a day as recommended.

Found this information on EBay ... thought it would be helpful:

First of all when looking for a real Philip Stein Watch , all of the watches have an interchangeable watch band without pins but a small clasp to change the strap easily. The fake ones come with a strap that is usually rubber and does not have the special small clasp that makes it easy to change. The fakes have watchbands with pins on the watch band. Also on a REAL Philip Stein Teslar watch , you will never see Water Resistant on the face of the watch. The only thing on the face is the name of the watch not the water resistant label. The real ones say water resistant on the back and have a serial number on the back of the watch. Also note that the 2 chips in the back should always look bright and new. On real ones there is writing around the chip saying Quantum Teslar Technology. Chip made in USA.

Yes anyone can if they have the right copper batteries .My repairman did .They are more expensive but cheaper then sending it to get repaired It cost me 20$ just for the batteries .Diaminds Int'l wants 50$ plus S&Hans it goes to NYC .I'd rather repair at home .Batteries should last 2 years

There are special instructions for you to give to the repairman which they sent me from the website. Mine was out of warranty so I just took it to a local jeweler and gave him the instructions.

I love the dual dials, especially when I am traveling so I can have one at the local time and one at home time. I don't know if it really helps with physical ailments, but I love the watch anyway.

I just checked online and a similar one to mine was $500. (same as what I paid) However, there was no sales tax or shipping I had to pay.

Amazon has a broad selection:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=%22philip+stein+watch%22&x=15&y=18

Use that for price comparisons. Or even buy! :)

Amazon has a broad selection:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=%22philip+stein+watch%22&x=15&y=18

Use that for price comparisons. Or even buy! :)

Amazon's price does not include the strap which you have to order seperately and they wont sell the watch without a strap purchase:rolleyes:

It is interesting about the straps ... they range in price from $75 to well over $300 depending on the type (steel, leather, alligator, ostrich etc). Was amazed at all the types ... NiemanMarcus.com has quite a few of them.

I also had written Philip Stein company directly, they said to be extremely careful that you only purchased from "authorized" dealers which are listed on their website. Sure would hate to make a big purchase and then find out that it may not have a warranty or that it is not the real thing.

As with any purchase ... be careful, know your product and the pricing and what to look for in case it is a fake.

• 4 months later...

Hello Everyone - I actually work for Philip Stein in Miami. There was some info that was not correct, so I thought I would give the basics for you and offer my contact info, just in case anyone did in fact need help reaching our company directly.

Keep in mind, all of our customers have a 2 year warranty if purchased from an authorized retailer (visit our website for more info - www.philipstein.com), but watches purchased from Amazon.Com do not have warranties. I know there are great deals on the web, but you can never be 100% sure how the watch was treated before you received it, unless it was purchased from an authorized retailer.

Batteries can be replaced by any qualified watchmaker, however, please be sure to ask if they can "seal" the watch when finished. If poor work is performed, it may, unfortunately, void the status of your warranty. There is no sense having a water resistant watch, if it is not going to be sealed correctly. Batteries should last at least 18 months, but are not made out of copper, as one of the postings suggested. They are standard silver oxide batteries. We use only Sony or Maxell brand; however Renata and other batteries work well also, but may require more frequent replacement.

Feel free to contact me directly if anyone has any questions. My email is Gary@philipstein.com; and the company information email is info@philipstein.com.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time on upcoming voyages!

Hello Everyone - I actually work for Philip Stein in Miami. There was some info that was not correct, so I thought I would give the basics for you and offer my contact info, just in case anyone did in fact need help reaching our company directly.

Keep in mind, all of our customers have a 2 year warranty if purchased from an authorized retailer (visit our website for more info - www.philipstein.com), but watches purchased from Amazon.Com do not have warranties. I know there are great deals on the web, but you can never be 100% sure how the watch was treated before you received it, unless it was purchased from an authorized retailer.

Batteries can be replaced by any qualified watchmaker, however, please be sure to ask if they can "seal" the watch when finished. If poor work is performed, it may, unfortunately, void the status of your warranty. There is no sense having a water resistant watch, if it is not going to be sealed correctly. Batteries should last at least 18 months, but are not made out of copper, as one of the postings suggested. They are standard silver oxide batteries. We use only Sony or Maxell brand; however Renata and other batteries work well also, but may require more frequent replacement.

Feel free to contact me directly if anyone has any questions. My email is Gary@philipstein.com; and the company information email is info@philipstein.com.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time on upcoming voyages!

While I would love to buy one of these watches I'm wondering if they work on people who have the weird body chemistry that kills watches? I know this sounds crazy, but it is true... I used to be a total watch person until I started not only sucking the life right out of batteries but also having them fail even by simple every day wear!

I finally had to go to the non-battery "solar" powered watches--no problems at all since then... any advice?

A friend of mine bought one in Cozumel and paid over $1100 for it, which she thought was a steal (velvet ribbon watch band, etc.), was this a good deal? Just curious...

VB1

Archived