All Things BENNIE The RCCL Traveling Bear!

Being a new member to this site, I was surprised (and very pleased) to hear about "Bennie". Being an avid bear collector, this really made me smile. I've requested that Bennie join me on my next sailing in Jan '09 and I sent along some pics to his Owner to vouch for my reliability. I always buy a RCCL bear from whatever ship I am on as well as pick up a small bear from each island I visit. It gets to be quite funny when I return to the cabin after dinner and find all my newly acquired bears tucked up in bed by the Cabin Steward! Keep your fingers crossed that my bears will have Bennie for company come January! Being a solo traveller, this is one way I keep myself smiling ... I'm easily amused!! Pic 1 is my 3 current RCCL bears, pic 2 is some of the bears I accumulated on Explorer during a 10 day Canada/New England cruise and pic 3 is a very small sampling of some of my "Island" bears.

552913582_RoyalCaribbeanBears2.jpg.f3e2bf4a386eb61781ecb4646ba7c0f5.jpg

171480324_Cruise2007Bears2.jpg.e422ebeb89b683cd9ca3f044e4f2a247.jpg

899427807_IslandBears2.jpg.7f2b9feb4a3cb99c447feee2c6c7920d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for all of your nice comments! To start off i have some sad news to report on Bennie has missed his last cruise due to confusion and was not able to sail on the Freedom Of The Seas. On the other hand i was very happy to see Bennie waiting for me when i got home from camp yesterday! www.wheresbennie.com is currently under construction and will be up and running very soon. I apologize for any inconvenience. I am continuing to read all of your email and i will reply to them all in a timely matter. Thank you Chris (Cruiserccl)

Hi Chris!

We're all so happy you're back.

Just wanted to let you know in reference to my cruise with Bennie on Liberty, September 13th- I'll be flying out a couple days ahead of time and will need to receive Bennie by September 11th. Will this work with his schedule?

Thanks again Chris for such a great, fun idea! :D

Hi Chris, I know you are busy doing all sorts of stuff. I emailed you but I also wanted to post that we're excited about possibly getting Bennie for 8/31 Mariner Labor Day week! now our posters on the thread are excited too! We have a busy week planned for him.

Website looks great Chris! Totally off topic, I do have the 2 lapel pins that I was getting you on the Mariner back in June. I know you have been away all summer so I just held them. Email me your address at my screenname @yahoo.com and I will send them on their way.:)

Will do thank you very much! :D

Unfortunately I have some sad news to report on for some of you guys. I have gotten a lot of emails from people who would like to take Bennie on a cruise but Bennie is on a cruise a week before there’s and it just so happens Bennie is on the ship that they are going on and they would like to have some sort of “drop off point” or some place they could pick up Bennie. Unfortunately after talking with some people I have to say I can not do this. Im sorry to this but I just cant risk the loss of Bennie. Any questions or concerns can be emailed to me at wheresbennie@yahoo.com or posted here. Thanks Chris

Hi Chris

You're doing a great job with Bennie, the website, the scheduling, etc. From what I counted yesterday, Bennie has 10 cruises under his belt and has obtained "Diamond" status.

Congratulations Bennie!

Right you are Bennie is now diamond lol! Anyways i want to let everyone know where i am and whats happening i have read every email and i have replied to most of them i still have a few more to go and my apologies go out if you have not yet received a email from me yet. Im continuing to grow Bennie's website and Bennie as a "person" but like always its hard to keep everything up to date when you were gone for most of the summer and your trying to keep a social life up ohh and you cant forget being a starting high school lol. Anyways im doing everything i can every spare minute of my time has been on Bennie and im happy to reveal some stuff that i have been working on for some time now very soon. once again thank you guys very much for you continuing support for Bennie! :D

Hey Marcia, what's up girl???? How have you been?? Are you getting excited about your "BINGO" cruise??? Wish we were crusing together again soon. Maybe we can get together next year to cruise.

WELL.. funny you should say that, how about Labor Day Oasis 2010??? maybe you'll be recovered from your big cruise by then!!

We have some little trips planned from now until then so I'll keep checking your upcoming trips too!

This is great. Thanks Chris for sharing Bennie and everyone else with all your stories, pictures, etc. I do a shared bear in my first grade class each year. It's really, really special. This year it's Pumpkin Bear (he's a cute little orange bear). He's going to Hawaii in November (off track time). Love reading those happy stories. By the way, those pictures of Bennie in Alaska are wonderful. Wow. Robin :cool:

Archived