All Things BENNIE The RCCL Traveling Bear!

I am very happy to announce that Bennie made it in time for his first Alaskan cruise on the Radiance of the Seas. UPS delivered the little guy in fine condition.

Looking at the weather forecast, I'd say Bennie will make good use of that green raincoat in his box. He'll be seeing his first whales and bears, riding a zip line, and taking an aerial tour of the glaciers.

Our thanks to Chris for selecting us to continue Bennie's adventure, and thanks to mjbelen for shipping Bennie expeditiously to us. We will take good care of Bennie, and post about his Alaska Adventure when we get back.

Frank

I am very happy to announce that Bennie made it in time for his first Alaskan cruise on the Radiance of the Seas. UPS delivered the little guy in fine condition.

Looking at the weather forecast, I'd say Bennie will make good use of that green raincoat in his box. He'll be seeing his first whales and bears, riding a zip line, and taking an aerial tour of the glaciers.

Our thanks to Chris for selecting us to continue Bennie's adventure, and thanks to mjbelen for shipping Bennie expeditiously to us. We will take good care of Bennie, and post about his Alaska Adventure when we get back.

Frank

So glad it all worked out. I knew you were pretty bummed thinking "the little guy" would not make it.

Have fun.

Laura

I sent Chris's father the photos of Bennie from our cruise yesterday. Hopefully he will upload them to the web site soon.

It looks like Bennie is going to make good use of the raincoat I got him as well as several other outfits. It seems that everyone who has has the chance to sail with Bennie has added something to his collection. Soon he is going to need a really big suitcase all to himself. :)

2088014252_Bennie017.jpg.fb40b9d8cade099f5ff5080baa6c5e8d.jpg

Since Chris isn't around to let us know .... Is Bennie moving to everyone as expected?

I've got 2 "maybe" trips with him coming up!! I'm too excited to talk about it, one is a maybe substitution and one is a handoff at port.... a lot of ifs.

Back to the real question...

Is Bennie a Diamond or Diamond Plus Member yet??

We need to see how many cruises Bennie has been on, whether or not he has cruised in a Junior Suite or above, and whether or not he has cruised 12+ nights.

He'll be in a JS with us on the Jewel in April, so that's a little more toward D+ (our first suite...can't wait!)

I took Bennie on his second cruise, straight from Chris, and was the one that added the journal; he also has a postcard album of each ship written as to the fun he was having and what he did on that voyage. I hope to get to read the journal in October, 2009 when Bennie is scheduled to be on the Jewel Repro, same cruise that I'll be on.

Can't wait to see the little guy again.

What has everyone else added to Bennie's collection of souvenirs??

I also sent him along with his madi gras beads that he wore to identifiy others in our CC group, and Runi, the RA on Explorer, gave him a RC Platinum pin since he was traveling with us and that was our level at the time. I'm sure he's Diamond, well on his way to being Diamond Plus by now.

Nancy

I got him a few outfits, including a green raincoat, a baseball uniform, a cowboy outfit, and a 4th of July outfit.

I also placed a post card from the Enchantment in his photo album.

Where did you get his outfits from? He is traveling with me and DH (although our entire roll call I know will help me) on the Mariner inaugural in Feb and I need to get him an outfit.

Where am I going to come up with some great ideas for him compared to what he has been through?

Thanks.

Laura

When we took him he ate lunch with a group of officers, ate dinner with the captain and he went on a bridge tour. I was surprised at how many of the crew already knew who he was! We bought him a shirt and sombrero in Cozumel. We put a postcard in his album, filled out his journal, and upon returning I had to overnight him to cruise critic headquarters for the Oasis press conference. I also have alot of pictures for Chris as soon as he gets home.

When we took him he ate lunch with a group of officers, ate dinner with the captain and he went on a bridge tour. I was surprised at how many of the crew already knew who he was! We bought him a shirt and sombrero in Cozumel. We put a postcard in his album, filled out his journal, and upon returning I had to overnight him to cruise critic headquarters for the Oasis press conference. I also have alot of pictures for Chris as soon as he gets home.

It's great that Bennie is getting so well known. With me, being only his second voyage, I did a lot of explaining about who he was. I had typed out Bennie's website on small pieces of paper (kind of like business cards) and handed then out so others could track his travels. Before leaving the Explorer I had some of the photos of Bennie & the crew, and even Bennie with the Captain printed, put the date and website on the back and then went back to hand them out. Everyone seemed really pleased, but now that Bennie has such FAME, I bet some of those pictures are being displayed.

Nancy

It's great that Bennie is getting so well known. With me, being only his second voyage, I did a lot of explaining about who he was. I had typed out Bennie's website on small pieces of paper (kind of like business cards) and handed then out so others could track his travels. Before leaving the Explorer I had some of the photos of Bennie & the crew, and even Bennie with the Captain printed, put the date and website on the back and then went back to hand them out. Everyone seemed really pleased, but now that Bennie has such FAME, I bet some of those pictures are being displayed.

Nancy

We handed out alot of those pieces of paper (business cards).

Thanks for making them!

Wow! What a cruise on Radiance of the Seas! Bennie had a great time in Alaska and we enjoyed having him along with us. We saw Hubbard Glacier up close and personal, as the Captain of the Radiance of the Seas navigated through a couple miles of ice floating in the water to put us within 400 yards. The sun came out, and we witnessed LOTS of ice calving. The Captain said it was the best day he had seen in 12 years of coming to the glacier! Bennie saw whales, bears, moose, sea lions, porpoises --- and beautiful snow covered mountains. He watched Frank on the zip line at Icy Strait Point, and got a new T-shirt from that visit. We also went on the White Pass Railroad at Skagway. In Juneau, we watched Jerry take off and land on his float plane excursion, and took a tour of the Alaskan brewery!

Bennie will be going home for a couple weeks' rest before heading out for his next cruise.

2687224283_a73fddc0f7.jpg?v=0

Bennie in Seward

2687236431_6462d54f22.jpg?v=0

Bennie in the Windjammer

2688070162_6644c250e0.jpg?v=0

Bennie watching Hubbard Glacier

2675497312_153e8a6933.jpg?v=0

Bennie with Frank & Debbie

Frank

Looks like Beenie had a very nice cruise to AK.

Watching ice calve is pretty neat, sure Beannie loved it as well! Wish I had time this Summer to get up there to go fish and see some ice calving.

WE took my wife's bear with us on our Baltic cruise. Listening Ted goes home with the pupil in her class who listens the best during the day. Parents are asked to fill in a diary with the adventures the bear gets up to each evening/weekend. Most oblige. My wife teaches 4-5 year olds. I started a thread. Link is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=619938 Not many folk joined in so I dropped the postings. Listening Ted was upset but we can't compete with a .com beenie bear. Good luck to him.

Archived