What happens if late payment on final cruise bill?

Hi!

I'm sailing on the Mariner 8/31 and my final payment is due with my online TA June 12th. I wanted to wait until I received my rebate check to pay, however, I'm afraid it may not arrive in time (scheduled the 20th.) Does anyone know what happens if you are late on the final payment?

Check with your TA and find out if they ask for payment earlier than it is actually due, mine does. You payment is due to Royal Caribbean 70 days prior to sailing which would be June 22. However, I would put it on a credit card and then use the check to pay off the charge card as soon as you receive the bill.

I just wanted to say Hi! We will be on your same cruise! I will be close to paying mine off. I get paid a bonus on the 20th (which we are using to pay the cruise) and the cruise is due on the 22nd.

Hope everything works out for you!

On our most recent cruise, our TA was very sick at the time of final payment. She emailed us that she had contacted RC and that final payment had been delayed by a week. So yes, you can pay late. Contact your TA and request some additional time.

My TA accidentally missed my final payment (he has my CC info BTW) on the Liberty this past May sailing and it got cancelled. He had to call RCCL and get it reinstated, and boy they sure didn't want to, but they did.

As other post mentioned, to be safe, put it on the CC and pay it off. BTW, I'm a tax accountant and get 300 calls each week as to where my rebate check is for similiar reasons and my advice is put it on the CC and pay it off when you get the check.

Dave

Thanks!! That's what I might have to do ;) Does anyone else have experience with this though? Will I lose my reservation?

SOMETIMES IT DEPENDS HOW FULL IS THE SHIP IF THEY SOLD OUT AND THEN THEY COULD CANCEL YOUR BOOKING BUT 90 PERCENT OF TIME THEY WILL GIVE A CHANCE BUT YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE IT HAPPEN TO MY FRIEND SO BECAREFULL

Not everyone wants to have a credit card and be in debt. Paying with a check card is just as secure.

Actually, it is not.

Ask anyone who paid with a check to airlines, cruise lines and tour companies that went out of business after payment.

With a credit card, you have complete protection.

With a check you have no protection save what the now defunct company wants to give you. This happened in the last 60 days with Sky Bus airlines and in 2001 with Renaissance cruise lines.

Pay with a credit card and use your check to pay the credit card.

Not everyone wants to have a credit card and be in debt. Paying with a check card is just as secure.

you know that having a credit card doesn't automatically equate to being in debt, right? i got my first one at 18 and have paid of the statement balance in full every single month since then.

Uh........no it's not. If you write a check to your TA and they take off with your money, you have no recourse and it has happened in the past. With a credit card, the charges are made by the cruise line or should be. Also as long as you pay off the charge when the bill arrives it's no different than writing a check other than having the extra security of your credit card company behind you.

you know that having a credit card doesn't automatically equate to being in debt, right? i got my first one at 18 and have paid of the statement balance in full every single month since then.

Thats good that you could do that, but some may have circumstances that don't allow to run up a large charge and pay the balance off at the end of the month. With kids in school I sure don't have that luxury at times.

Paying off a credit card every month does not help your credit any and can actually hurt your credit because you are not actually financing anything.

What???

I use a credit card every day for everything I buy and I am not in debt.

You'd better check on the security of a check card. There is little security having one.

For those worried about paying off the balance when it comes?

Pay the amount to the credit card company before you make the charge.

Uh........no it's not. If you write a check to your TA and they take off with your money, you have no recourse and it has happened in the past. With a credit card, the charges are made by the cruise line or should be. Also as long as you pay off the charge when the bill arrives it's no different than writing a check other than having the extra security of your credit card company behind you.

Most check cards are backed by the same companies and are just as secure. Any charge can be disputed, and a company charging you for something and not delivering is illegal anyway so by law they would have to refund whatever you paid.

Most check cards are backed by the same companies and are just as secure. Any charge can be disputed, and a company charging you for something and not delivering is illegal anyway so by law they would have to refund whatever you paid.

Good luck on finding those people.:rolleyes:

SOMETIMES IT DEPENDS HOW FULL IS THE SHIP IF THEY SOLD OUT AND THEN THEY COULD CANCEL YOUR BOOKING BUT 90 PERCENT OF TIME THEY WILL GIVE A CHANCE BUT YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE IT HAPPEN TO MY FRIEND SO BECAREFULL

MY AUNT WORKS FOR RCCL IT LIKE WHAT I TOLD YOU IT DEPENDS ON THE BOOKING IF IT FULL AND THEY HAVE STANBY CUSTOMERS THEY WILL CANCEL YOU BETTER OF PAYING EARLING

However, I would put it on a credit card and then use the check to pay off the charge card as soon as you receive the bill.

I would do this too, especially if you get "points" or miles or cash back from your credit card. As long as you have the check/cash to pay it off why not use the credit card? If you are concerned you may spend the rebate before the credit card bill comes in, cash it/deposit it into your checking acct and immediately write the check to the credit card co so it is "out" of your account.

company charging you for something and not delivering is illegal anyway so by law they would have to refund whatever you paid.
good luck with that. I credit card company will put the money back immediately. A cash card does no such thing.

Archived