Alert! Complete newbie question.

You'll see him around the ship a lot. He'll host events in the show lounge, acting as an MC. He'll give the disembarkation talk. Things like that. Other assistant CDs will run the various games aboard ship, at the pool, lead dances, etc. We met Jason on our cruise in March, and he's a great guy ... real nice, good and funny public speaker, plays a real active role in his job as CD. You'll like him a lot.

Just back from the Westerdam, and while I've never done a HAL cruise, I agree that Jason is a great cd. He is a great speaker and fun to listen to. Joked a lot and very easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean:) .

What exactly does the Cruise Director do? I think Jason will be our CD but I'm curious as to what his job entails.

Thanks!

In brief, the CD is the activities director.

Despite the title, The cruise director does not direct the cruise. The captain keeps that to himself. :p

Just back from the Westerdam, and while I've never done a HAL cruise, I agree that Jason is a great cd. He is a great speaker and fun to listen to. Joked a lot and very easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean:) .

I'm confused! When we were on Westerdam she was still a HAL ship, what do you mean by "I've never done a HAL cruise" ? Am I missing something?

GN

Sorry, still had a little jet lag when I wrote that. What I meant was, I just got back from my first HAL cruise where Jason was the cd. Prior to that had never done a HAL cruise.

Jason told us that he leaves on vacation on June 1.

I can confirm that. His assistant takes over as CD for the June 1 cruise. I was bummed to hear this, Jason is a great guy. He's assured me though that his assistant has a great sense of humor, awesome stage presence and that it's "a good thing"

We've been in touch off and on since my last Westerdam cruise.

Archived