Pre-paid drink tickets

LA Lady

I have been purchasing these with every paycheck, hopefully to take a bite out of our final S&S bill! I know it says good for up to $5.25 per drink. Can anyone give me an estimate of the price of a drink? We will be on Fantasy, and I like the foo foo drinks, such as sex on the beach, hurricanes,etc... Hubby likes whiskey and coke. Do they really charge you the difference, or do you think a small tip will help this?

Where are you purchasing drink coupons? Is this something with the cruise line? I know I haven't cruised Carnival in a few years, but I've not heard of drink coupons. Sounds like a good deal.

For the most part, drinks run anywhere from $6 on up. They do have drink specials every day for a little bit less. I really don't think you can ask a waiter to not charge you the difference between the drink and the coupon. If they were caught, they could lose their job.

Yes I ordered them from the Carnival website. They will be delivered to our room the first night. Oh I don't want to get anyone in trouble! I was just wondering if they actually charged you the difference. I will be more than glad to pay the difference...that will be much better at the end of the cruise than the whole price for the drinks!

If you're ordering a regular cocktail, that will about cover it. A foo-foo drink will run about $8.00 + or so! They don't have alot of alcohol, and, while fun, are not a really "good buy". Stick to the real drinks!

I have been purchasing these with every paycheck, hopefully to take a bite out of our final S&S bill! I know it says good for up to $5.25 per drink. Can anyone give me an estimate of the price of a drink? We will be on Fantasy, and I like the foo foo drinks, such as sex on the beach, hurricanes,etc... Hubby likes whiskey and coke. Do they really charge you the difference, or do you think a small tip will help this?

My advice would be that you purchase yourself Gift Certificates that you can turn around and put on your on board account. They DO make you pay the difference AND the 15% gratuity.

The last time we cruised Carnival, my DH's co-workers had given us a bunch of these drink coupons as a gift! The first night we went to a bar and ordered 2 vodka martinis (did not ask for any special brand of Vodka)

when the waiter came back with the drinks I gave him 2 of the coupons, he came back and wanted more money! I do not remember how much but I was ticked - 2 drinks - 2 coupons! he said the drinks cost more plus the gratuity. I gave him the other 2 coupons on that ticket strip and told him to keep them and keep the drinks and we got up and walked out.

A few nights later we were in the same bar with some friends and a waiter came over with 2 Stoli Martinis and said the bartender sent them over - on him. We thanked him and drank them and tipped the waiter. BUT it does not change the fact for us that the drink coupons are worthless AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED.

WHEN EVER WE SAIL ON ANY CRUISE LINE - WE PURCHASE GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR OURSELVES AND THEN PUT THEM ON OUR ON BOARD ACCOUNT - SO THAT WE HAVE A POSITIVE BALANCE IN OUR ACCOUNT WHEN WE ARRIVE.

We do this with our debit card so as not to add to our credit card balance. We can then use the OBC however we want - drinks, wine, tips, gifts, whatever. And it is already paid for:D

LA Lady: I was just checking into the exact same thing, as I am about to take my first Carnival cruise. I am told that wil will be charged the difference if it's more - which is only right, as the coupon DOES have a stated value. I hadn't thought about putting a little OBC on my tab before I get there. That might be a good idea.

Yeah, that would be good idea. However, we plan on using cash and paying up front for the S&S. Our 2 excursions are already paid for, so we will just use this for the gratuities and then whatever drinks or pictures we buy. The spa and art and all that crap doesn't interest us...LOL I'm not looking to get bombed either, just like a drink or 2 a day out by the pool.

My advice would be that you purchase yourself Gift Certificates that you can turn around and put on your on board account. They DO make you pay the difference AND the 15% gratuity.

The last time we cruised Carnival, my DH's co-workers had given us a bunch of these drink coupons as a gift! The first night we went to a bar and ordered 2 vodka martinis (did not ask for any special brand of Vodka)

when the waiter came back with the drinks I gave him 2 of the coupons, he came back and wanted more money! I do not remember how much but I was ticked - 2 drinks - 2 coupons! he said the drinks cost more plus the gratuity. I gave him the other 2 coupons on that ticket strip and told him to keep them and keep the drinks and we got up and walked out.

A few nights later we were in the same bar with some friends and a waiter came over with 2 Stoli Martinis and said the bartender sent them over - on him. We thanked him and drank them and tipped the waiter. BUT it does not change the fact for us that the drink coupons are worthless AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED.

WHEN EVER WE SAIL ON ANY CRUISE LINE - WE PURCHASE GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR OURSELVES AND THEN PUT THEM ON OUR ON BOARD ACCOUNT - SO THAT WE HAVE A POSITIVE BALANCE IN OUR ACCOUNT WHEN WE ARRIVE.

We do this with our debit card so as not to add to our credit card balance. We can then use the OBC however we want - drinks, wine, tips, gifts, whatever. And it is already paid for:D

If the drink coupons have a price limit on them, why would you get mad at the waiter if he was only doing his job?

• 5 months later...

We always try to drink the special of the day on Carnival. It's usually a few dollars cheaper and they are always the tropical foo foo drinks. So far there has only been one that I didn't care for. Have fun!

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Sensation

Archived