Well Finally Did It!!!!!!!!!

dfishner

It has been a very long time since we have been on Carnival last time was close to 10 years ago on sensation. Although the ship was glitzy we did not care for the food much it was so bland, but we did have a nice cruise

We have been sailing RCL over the couple of years and really enjoy our cruises with them. In fact we were holding a reservation on Freedom of the Seas for November Eastern Carib. I was looking on line and saw an excellent rate on Carnival Liberty with the same itinerary for the same time frame. I called my TA to inquire about it. We received a past passenger discount of $100 plus a 4 catergory upgrade to the lido deck. What I found interesting is that we are platinum members on RCL we get $100 off the balcony rate, plus our OBC and our TA pays the grats. even with all that Carnival was still less by $460 I did add the gratuities into the carnival rate 460 is the difference. I also did look at reviews of the ship which was very positive and saw many photos and like what I saw. Looks like a very nice ship.

Needless to say I decided to book carnival. I believe that carnival has come a long way since we last cruised with them. We do love the voyager class on RCL, but we know from our last experience with carnival we did have a good time on the ship I still remember the purple neon:-) I also know from what I have read that the food is much improved. So for us it is a win-win. Great itinerary, great price and from the looks of it a very nice ship.

but we know from our last experience with carnival we did have a good time on the ship I still remember the purple neon:-)

We remember the purple too..........Our teenage kids loved the Sensation.........We have since took one cruise on the Miracle, and are looking at the Legend for a winter cruise............

I think you'll have a great time................

It has been a very long time since we have been on Carnival last time was close to 10 years ago on sensation. Although the ship was glitzy we did not care for the food much it was so bland, but we did have a nice cruise

We have been sailing RCL over the couple of years and really enjoy our cruises with them. In fact we were holding a reservation on Freedom of the Seas for November Eastern Carib. I was looking on line and saw an excellent rate on Carnival Liberty with the same itinerary for the same time frame. I called my TA to inquire about it. We received a past passenger discount of $100 plus a 4 catergory upgrade to the lido deck. What I found interesting is that we are platinum members on RCL we get $100 off the balcony rate, plus our OBC and our TA pays the grats. even with all that Carnival was still less by $460 I did add the gratuities into the carnival rate 460 is the difference. I also did look at reviews of the ship which was very positive and saw many photos and like what I saw. Looks like a very nice ship.

Needless to say I decided to book carnival. I believe that carnival has come a long way since we last cruised with them. We do love the voyager class on RCL, but we know from our last experience with carnival we did have a good time on the ship I still remember the purple neon:-) I also know from what I have read that the food is much improved. So for us it is a win-win. Great itinerary, great price and from the looks of it a very nice ship.

Welcome back and enjoy your cruise. I think you'll be glad you did it. We;ve been on 3 different cruise lines now and CCL is by far the best. The food has had a positive change in the last 5 years.

Hey OP, my first Carnival experience was on Sensation in 98 also. It seemed so big and wonderful, I didn't even notice that Prince decorated the ship.

The new ships are fantastic, and the food seems a lot better now that Georges Blanc is their corporate chef. The ships are still kinda glitzy, but are tame compared to the early Fantasy class ships (like Sensation). I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Carnivals current product.

Getting a product that is just as awesome and spending $460 less is very smart in my eyes.

:) know you're going to have a great time...just don't let the folks over on the RCI boards scare you into cancelling. ;)

Some of the exact reasons that DH and I are trying Carnival next month! I am expecting to have a great time and it is costing us quite a bit less...plus we booked a suite! :)

Getting a product that is just as awesome and spending $460 less is very smart in my eyes.

:) know you're going to have a great time...just don't let the folks over on the RCI boards scare you into cancelling. ;)

I have been on the RCI boards long enough to know what some of my fellow RCL think of Carnival. I never really thought there was a competition in my opinion. So I do not believe anyone will talk me out of carnival unless they want to pay me the $450 difference then maybe I would consider. The way we look at it is the same itinerary, same time frame, same balcony cabin and $450 less, plus we given a 4 cat upgrade.

We have been away from Carnival for 10 years so we fiqure it time to take another look and from the photos we have seen and the many positive reviews we have read all I can say it is Carnival has evolved and we liked what we have seen. So we are really looking forward to it.

And you'll find the food is much better than your last Carnival cruise:)

I agree. Night and day from my first 2001 cruise on the Imagination to last summer's cruise on the Victory. Looking forward to next month's on the Spirit! And also to hitting the Nouveau Supper Club again.

Archived