Lightweight shoes

ALW2

Check Easy Spirit, Clarks, Born, Birkenstock, Cole Hahn, JC Penney, Naturalizer, LL Bean and Land's End, etc. Zappos.com has a huge selection of sandals in many styles. They are hard to beat.

If you go retail, check Nordstrom's and Dillard's shoe dpeartments. They also have web sites.

The web site Foot Smart has many sandals, flip flops and flats that are chosen for comfort and good for walking. They are not high fashion though. Most are not what you would wear in a classy restaurant. They are terrific for touring and shopping, picnics and casual wear.

I am in the process of locating a couple of flat, comfortable yet cute, shoes for my trip this summer. I came across this style at DSW - by a complany called BC Shoes - which until then I had never even heard of.

Normally these would not be something I would even glance at...but the heel caught my eye so I tried it on. Unbelievably comfortable! I had to go up a half size - (round-toed shoes are just too close fitting for me most of the time) and then had to check a couple of different pair that wouldn't fall off of me..so I don't think the sizing is always right on the money. But they sure do feel good...and they are really cute!

ForPetesSakeTan1.jpg

I am a Zappos lover for shoes they also have a great review board so you can read what others think about the shoes. I currently love the Keen (New Amsterdam) style they are lightweight, very comfortable, and great for trips to Europe.

You HAVE to try on shoes--the above poster is right! Even a brand that fits in one style, may not work in a different style!

Sketcher's are a lightweight sneaker-style shoes--they are available in many stores!

You HAVE to try on shoes--the above poster is right! Even a brand that fits in one style, may not work in a different style!

Sketcher's are a lightweight sneaker-style shoes--they are available in many stores!

Totally agree...you must try shoes on. I do think the OP was just asking for suggested brands to look for. I like Clarks as well, (in fact I love them!), but I would not describe them as a "lightweight" shoe. That was why I posted the one I did...it is a very lightweight shoe...and very comfy.

I also agree with the Skechers...I had no idea that brand was anything more than a "kid's shoe"...because that was the last time I had ever heard of it - it used to be a popular shoe when my son was younger. I was surprised to see the name pop up often on these boards, so I tried some on. Unfortunately I've not been able to find them in my size, plus they run quite small for me...but I did find a very cute one. I may order it online from Zappos...as long as I have free shipping/returns...then that works for me.

You know, you can "try on" shoes that you order online as well:rolleyes: I hate to drive to decent shopping so I buy most of my clothing & shoes online--I just return what I don't like. I have the added benefit of being able to try on the shoes or dress or whatever with stuff I already own to see how well it matches:p

I love my Dansko and Softspots sandals (esp. for work and travel) and the Softspots are quite a bit lighter than the Dansko. Could just be the specific models I own....I prefer leather for durability and comfort, so that automatically is going to weigh more than a comparable shoe in a canvas would.....

Archived