Opinions on Murder Mystery Dinner

Hi,

I wanted to get feedback on the M.M.Dinner Theatre on the Serenade of the Seas. Our son is in Drama in high school and I thought it would be fun. Or else it could be really cheese-ball/corny. For the 3 of us that's $150...is is worth it??

Thanks so much,

:-) Bobbi in So Cal

Hi,

I wanted to get feedback on the M.M.Dinner Theatre on the Serenade of the Seas. Our son is in Drama in high school and I thought it would be fun. Or else it could be really cheese-ball/corny. For the 3 of us that's $150...is is worth it??

Thanks so much,

Why do want to say fun - Or else really cheese-ball/carny. It is BOTH! If I could find it home, I would go for some good food and a great laugh.

We did this last year on the Radiance in Alaska and had a great time! Yes it was cheeseball/corny at times and yes at the same time it was a lot of fun. On Radiance we started out in the lounge and had drinks (included) and after the 'murder' occurred went into dinner. Sat at large tables with about 10-12 people each and worked like a team to determine who the murderer was... Wine was included in dinner and they kept pouring, so there was a lot. You only had a choice of 'red' or 'white'. I think the white was a chardonnay, so if you're a wine lover, don't count on the good stuff.;) I do remember the food was great, the company was a lot of fun and service at dinner was wonderful. Personally, I think it was worth the money.

I'm hoping its available on the Mariner in October.

Wife and I did it on the Mariner 2 years ago. Yes it is cheesy, and yes it is fun. Like the "Not Ready For Prime Time Players".

It really comes down to how much the audience is willing to get involved. And the more outrageous the better. The actors feed of it.

At times I got the feeling they were making it up as they were going along.

Just returned from the Freedom last week.

We did it and had a super time. Never did it before. Would we do it again. Most likely no but we are glad we did this for the first time. Staff and food was outstanding and the wine glass was never empty.:)

As always, thanks to everybody for replying so quickly! My "boys" are crazy and very entertaining (well, in my biased opinion ;) ) My husband just read your replies and said "ya, let's go for it". Our 16 year old said "it's sounds ok"...so that's a good sign..right? :o

Thanks again,

As always, thanks to everybody for replying so quickly! My "boys" are crazy and very entertaining (well, in my biased opinion ;) ) My husband just read your replies and said "ya, let's go for it". Our 16 year old said "it's sounds ok"...so that's a good sign..right? :o

Thanks again,

We did this on the Enchantment a few years ago and had a blast. It's definitely cheesey, but that's the fun of it. We had a great table that was willing to play along, so that definitely helped make the event more enjoyable. Food was great and the price difference between a regular meal at Portofino's and the Mystery Dinner wasn't very much, so, IMO, totally worth the money for the extra entertainment. Have fun!

We did it on Mariner last year and really enjoyed it. It was a great way to meet people, have a laugh and chat with people that you might not normally chat with. It was a lot of fun. We are cruising on Mariner again this Christmas but don't plan to do the mystery dinner again. We would like to go to Portofinos again and be able to choose from their full menu. (When you do the mystery dinner, you have a reduced number of meals to choose from - still really yum though!).

So I guess what I am saying, is...... Yes, if you haven't done it before - I think you would really enjoy it - we did.

Same opinion, we really enjoyed doing it once, but we wouldn't do it again. It was fun, we also had the same opinion about a land based Murder Mystery Dinner that we did once. They never give you quite enough information to solve the puzzle....:)

Archived