Portofino Menu

I heard that the Portofino menu has or is changing. We love Portofino's - I personally like their filets over Chops. My wife always orders the skewer of lobster / scallops / shrimp / salmon....but I think that this and our favorite eggplant appetizer are being discontinued. We will be on the Adventure of the Seas on 6/22 and will let you know if there are any changes to the menu.

You can't go wrong at either restaurant - be sure to get your reservations early and you won't be dissapointed. Some ships have a special "Murder Mystery" night in the specialty restaurants - never have gone but have heard that it was fun.

I heard that the Portofino menu has or is changing. We love Portofino's - I personally like their filets over Chops. My wife always orders the skewer of lobster / scallops / shrimp / salmon....but I think that this and our favorite eggplant appetizer are being discontinued. We will be on the Adventure of the Seas on 6/22 and will let you know if there are any changes to the menu.

You can't go wrong at either restaurant - be sure to get your reservations early and you won't be dissapointed. Some ships have a special "Murder Mystery" night in the specialty restaurants - never have gone but have heard that it was fun.

It was the same menu last week when we were on Adventure.

Also, it's been my observation that about 6-7 changes get reported here for every 3-4 that actually take place. I think RCI tries things on one or a few ships, and/or one or a few sailings, and people make the assumption that because they experienced it on their cruise, it's a new fleetwide policy. Some end up being that, others don't.

Hi,

Everyone was so helpful with my water question, thank you! Some of you said that you bring bottled water on board. If you bring a case...how do you check it in? With your luggage? Do you lable the case with your room number? Thanks! I drink alot of water!

You guys are quick, now how about a Chops menu..and if you had to choose one to dine in which one did you prefer?

Following is the menu for Chops. It is available on the RCCL web site: ;)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/ChopsGrille_Menu_Eng.pdf

Personally, we prefer Portofino.

The lady at Royal Caribbean that took my dinner reservations said that if you have a party of 4, they may put two strangers at your table for Chops and Portofino because all of the tables are for 6 people. She also said that you cannot seat 8 at a table. Does anyone know if this is true???

I have been on RC and Celebrity before and this was not the case. We are going on the Independence of the Seas.

The lady at Royal Caribbean that took my dinner reservations said that if you have a party of 4, they may put two strangers at your table for Chops and Portofino because all of the tables are for 6 people. She also said that you cannot seat 8 at a table. Does anyone know if this is true???

Absolutely NOT true - another case of RCI customer service being totally clueless. There are tables of several sizes 2/4/6, etc., and they would never combine parties.

Thank goodness! It had never happened to me before, so I am relieved! The lady also told me she had to book the 4 of us according to cabin- so now I have two tables of two ( instead of one table of 4) and they say the tables of 4 are all full! UGH.

May I ask what the charge is p.p at each of the two restuarants? Can I book them before I board? Are they that much better than the dining room food & service?

I've been on NCL & have booked the speciality restuarants & they are MUCH better than the regular dining rooms.

Archived