HAL & Quantas

Gsel

We just booked the Volendam for January New Zealand/Australia and due to a great deal on air from the US to Auckland went ahead and took the HAL air arrangements. I would like to congratulate HAL and Quantas on the arrangements they have made for us and their attention to detail. We also took a air deviation to allow us to spend a couple of extra days in Sydney after the cruise and they have also stepped up on this and done a wonderful job on it also. HAL continues to do a first class job taking care of their passengers! I am proud to be a Mariner!

Congratulations! Sydney is a wonderful city. About 10 years ago we spent a week there and 3 weeks in NZ. We loved breakfast at 'Pancakes on the Rocks' - in the Rocks area of town. I don't know if they are still around, but it was great as it was open pretty early - perfect for us, as we were still on US time. ;)

Thanks Dave, will do! Have visited Auckland and Sydney but MANY years ago and looking forward to see the changes and growth. Have always said would go back in a heartbeat, now I get my chance.

There is no "u" in Qantus, which is actually an acronym, Queensland and Northern Territories Air Service.

Being a proud Australian, I would like to inform you that the correct abbreviation of Qantas is Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services Ltd. and it commenced service in 1921.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/about/history/details2

Jennie

We just booked the Volendam for January New Zealand/Australia and due to a great deal on air from the US to Auckland went ahead and took the HAL air arrangements. I would like to congratulate HAL and Quantas on the arrangements they have made for us and their attention to detail. We also took a air deviation to allow us to spend a couple of extra days in Sydney after the cruise and they have also stepped up on this and done a wonderful job on it also. HAL continues to do a first class job taking care of their passengers! I am proud to be a Mariner!

We will not use Qantas the only thing going for them is there safety record. Cramped planes, hit and miss service due to low moral of the staff, they made nearly 200million dollars last year now they have increased fares 4%. At the moment there is a engineers go slow causing delays over pay and conditions, trying to get them on the phone it would be easier to speak to the Pope!

I love Qantas. We have never had a bad flight and when booking with F.F. points for overseas travel, we have always been able to get our seats.

We also fly a lot with Singapore airlines which are excellent. We do not do a lot of domestic travel and when we do we usually go Virgin. Our last flight with Qantas was last year returning from Hawaii and we couldn't fault it. Our next flights with them are in 10 weeks time, when we fly to Hong Kong via Sydney with Qantas on our way to Vancouver. It will be interesting to see if they have dropped their standards.

I have never had trouble speaking with them on the phone. I rang them twice last week re our seats etc. and got through to them both times!

Jennie

We will not use Qantas the only thing going for them is there safety record. Cramped planes, hit and miss service due to low moral of the staff, they made nearly 200million dollars last year now they have increased fares 4%. At the moment there is a engineers go slow causing delays over pay and conditions, trying to get them on the phone it would be easier to speak to the Pope!

A safety record is a pretty good start I reckon...

At least not using Qantas, you would not have to try and get them on the phone.

Besides, with such a great website, why would you need to? :D :D :D

I guess we all have complaints about one airline or another. As a former airline employee I hear and have plenty of gripes about my former employer. But, I have to say so far my experience with Qantas has been excellent, no problem getting them on the phone and very pleasant and helpful operators. In starting this thread I just wanted everyone to know that HAL's travel arrangements were done well and actually made sense. That they had not left us sitting in a airport for 6 hours at a time or used an airline that was on the verge of going out of business.

Archived