Coke Or Diet Coke Drinkers...don't Get Ripped Off!

Ashiepooh2

This is a money-saver that I don't think a lot of people know about. While you are not permitted to take alcohol onboard the ship, you ARE allowed to take your own soda/pop. We drink a lot of Diet Coke and we always bring at least a case on initially and then restock when we have port days. No one has ever said anything about a case. If you bring 10 cases, they may have a problem with it. Then pull the crap that's stocked in your fridge in the room out and put your Cokes in to chill. It's in the fine print when they discuss bringing alcohol onboard. Think of all the money you're saving! :o

Sorry. Didn't realize that issue had been addressed tons of times. So much for tips. I'll just be learning instead of trying to help.

We bring a case on at the intial embarkation and every time we have a port day.

You can get water in buffet area and it is very good purified water. They don't fill up water tanks in port, they make it from sea water and then purify it. I saw a study a while back and they showed this water was purer than most bottled water. So I get a couple of bottles of water and then refill them on board. This year I bought a couple of refillable bottles to bring on my trip. I also squeeze some lemon into the water for better taste which you can get at the water / ice tea station.

This is a money-saver that I don't think a lot of people know about. While you are not permitted to take alcohol onboard the ship, you ARE allowed to take your own soda/pop. We drink a lot of Diet Coke and we always bring at least a case on initially and then restock when we have port days. No one has ever said anything about a case. If you bring 10 cases, they may have a problem with it. Then pull the crap that's stocked in your fridge in the room out and put your Cokes in to chill. It's in the fine print when they discuss bringing alcohol onboard. Think of all the money you're saving! :o

Cruise Critic is such a wealth of knowledge for newbies or experienced cruise enthusiasts, but the "carry your own soda issue" is a well known fact that passengers have been doing for quite sometime ! It is a cost saver, but in all honesty, I cannot justify the extra weight, aggrevation , or the risk if trying to pack it in a suitcase and fly with the risk of a major explosion and ruined clothes inside luggage ! True you can pick it up before boarding a ship, but I just don't want the hassle or extra baggage to carry !. I figure if I can afford the cruise vacation package, there are enough drink options i.e. fruit punch, lemonade, tea, milk that is included in your cruise fare, that I can afford a soda every once in a while while onboard w/out breaking the bank !

Cruise Critic is such a wealth of knowledge for newbies or experienced cruise enthusiasts, but the "carry your own soda issue" is a well known fact that passengers have been doing for quite sometime ! It is a cost saver, but in all honesty, I cannot justify the extra weight, aggrevation , or the risk if trying to pack it in a suitcase and fly with the risk of a major explosion and ruined clothes inside luggage ! True you can pick it up before boarding a ship, but I just don't want the hassle or extra baggage to carry !. I figure if I can afford the cruise vacation package, there are enough drink options i.e. fruit punch, lemonade, tea, milk that is included in your cruise fare, that I can afford a soda every once in a while while onboard w/out breaking the bank !

I don't bring my soda because I'm trying to save money. I bring it because I absolutely hate Coke! I bring a 6 pack of 20 oz Pepsi's. We usually drive to port, so it's no problem. This time we are flying, but staying in Tampa 2 days before we sail, so I'll buy it there and bring it aboard.

I don't bring my soda because I'm trying to save money. I bring it because I absolutely hate Coke! I bring a 6 pack of 20 oz Pepsi's. We usually drive to port, so it's no problem. This time we are flying, but staying in Tampa 2 days before we sail, so I'll buy it there and bring it aboard.

I am a Pepsi lover too ! And have been known to stop and pick up a 6 pack to bring in carry on, but some people just go to the extreme i.e. bottled water, beer, sodas.... collapsable coolers.... I am not going on a picnic... I am going on a cruise !

Going on the Inspiration ? I just returned from her last month... nice ship. Tampa is a great port, but my favorite port to sail out of is JAX :D

It's funny. I drink one or two diet sodas (I love Coke Zero) a day when I'm home. However, when I'm on a cruise, I don't. In seven cruises, I've bought one soda. I don't know if it's because I'd rather drink what's available, but I have zero desire for a soda on a cruise.

OP, you were trying to help. No sweat. At least it's not another tipping or dress code thread:)

We drink a lot of Diet Coke and we always bring at least a case on initially and then restock when we have port days.

I just wanted to remind everyone that a Diet Coke where you live may not taste the same as the one at the ports, so don't expect an identical product. (They are not made at the same plants. ;))

Sorry. Didn't realize that issue had been addressed tons of times.

Even thou its has been mentioned before, the Search Engine in this Forum is not working so this info is good for new members.

Thanks for posting.

Fred

We are driving to port and I do plan on taking on a case of water. I drink a LOT of water, nothing else, and I don't want to risk not liking the water from the ships tank. So I will take my own case on. I have an extra wheeled suitcase that is just the right size to set it in. So I'll wrap it in plastic and set it in there. No one will have to carry it.

Also that will give me a suitcase to bring stuff back in that I buy and also to put clothes in. They never seem to fit back in the suitcase as well after wearing. They aren't nicely pressed like they are when packed.

Archived