Solstice CC Balconies

joelsmith101

The Solstice class brochure indicates that CC and AQ class balconies have verandas with lounge seating. This info does not show up online. Anyone know if these classes will have better veranda seating compared with regular (e.g. 1A, 2A) balconies. Thanks.

What I see on the Celbrity website that shows the ships and their staterooms is the following:

Stateroom/room area/veranda area

Solstice:

CC: 194sqft/54sqft

Standard Veranda: 194sqft/54sqft

(All same size)

M-Class (Infinity)

CC: 191/41

Standard Veranda: 170/38

Mercury

CC: 172/42

Premium OV 172/42

So it looks like the Solstice CC are same size as 'Delux OV w Veranda'. Also, the Sunset Veranda and Aqua Class rooms are the same size room and veranda as CC.

Denny

What the OP is refering to is the following line that was in the original description for both Aquaclass and CC.

"Additionally, suite veranda features lounge seating."

That line has been removed from the Celebrity web site description, but still exits on the CruiseDeckPlans web site. As the OP says, it is also in the original brochure. I'm guessing it was an error caused by copying the suite descriptions and not removing that line.

I just checked on the Celebrity Solstice website and it lists the deluxe ocean view cabins as having lounge seating on the verandah, so I guess none of us will know the truth until passengers start sailing her. Personally, I think that the CC and AQ balconies should have at least slightly nicer balcony furniture due to their nature of being a bit more expensive and having nicer amenities, but there's probably no way of knowing for sure just yet. I obviously don't expect us to have the same quality of balcony furniture in our AQ cabin as the suites, but slightly more comfortable (to me that means more padding) would be nice!:D

One of the great surprises when Freedom of the seas was launched was that the balconies were deeper than previous classes. Hopefully, the same is true for Soltice class over the previous classes from Celebrity.

Thanks for the reminder that the Solstice cabins & balconies will be a bit larger than M class vessels.. if there's even one lounge chair out there that'd be great!

I don't consider 3 sq. ft. "bigger." The balconies appear to be larger. Seems to me all the hype in the original publicity said that the cabins on the Solstice would be substantially larger. Guess that was just hype. And I would have expected the CC cabins to be larger than the regular veranda cabins as they are on the M class ships. Guess I'm just not sold on Solstice, but that's fine, I'm perfectly happy with the M class ships.

Happy Cruiser 3131/Linda

It took me a second to absorb the 'USNS' cruises you have listed and then I saw the dates - really great! I guess I should list my USN Aircraft Carrier 'cruises'; you know, the Southeast Asian cruise and the Med cruises, and so on. Love it.

It took a while for my wife to talk me into paying to go back to sea, but as I've told old buddies, you can sleep with your roommate without getting kicked out, you sit on a nice loungechair, open your hand and a young sweet thing sticks a funny drink with lots of umbrellas in it! I have a ton of 'comparison' jokes (they don't mix JP-4 into the shower water on the Infinity!), but that should suffice.

Thanks for the lightness. Agree 3 sqft isn't 'larger' but we'll see how they handle the balconies.

I went with CC on the Solstice because it was only $100 more and liked a few of the goodies - probably not worth it overall, but we'll see. Maybe handy having the Concierge (spelled it right that time - I think!) to call to make reservations at the specialty restaurants. Won't be able to tell until 18months from now! Can't believe I made a reservation so early, but I get a kick out of planning and talking/typing about it.

Denny

Wolfganghowl

Not sure what is going on with the 'Concierge'. When we were on the Constellation, they gave us a number to call the 'Concierge desk' - at least I thought so (2 years ago). They did help us, but as I think about it, it was about the same help as I'd get from the main desk, but it was suppose to be for CC. When we sailed on the Mercury, I don't remember a Concierge point of contact being offered.

The cruisecritic just posted a review of the Constellation and here is what they said:

"A fairly recent addition to Celebrity Constellation's range of cabins is a new "Concierge Class," priced halfway between balconied staterooms and suites. The extra cost covers a slightly larger-than-average balcony cabin (191 sq. ft.) and balcony, as well as the services of a concierge (who proved highly efficient in pursuing the baggage I lost at Heathrow's dreadful Terminal Five). "

Maybe that is only available on the M-Class or has been discontinued. But I suspect the truth is somewhere between us - only on M-Class or not avail anymore. It's good to be able to talk and check with other people on these points. There is one guy (goes unmentioned) who seems to love to flame people on these forums, with his "I'm right and your wrong, end of discussion!", especially when discussing his cigar smoking. I thought when I was reading his diatribe that the main reason he likes to lightup is to annoy people. Who knows.

If you know more about this issue, jump in, or we'll just let it rest. Not a biggie. They do NOT list a concierge in the list of amenities for any of the ships. Some added shoeshining, others don't, things such as that.

Denny

Our last 2 cruises (Constellation in Jan. and Millennium in Apr) were in Concierge Class. Although there was a Concierge available (I believe down by Guest Relations), my understanding is that he/she was available to all guests, not just CC. I think because of the usage of concierge in the class name, people get the idea that the Concierge is an exclusive perk.

Happy Cruiser 3131/Linda

It took me a second to absorb the 'USNS' cruises you have listed and then I saw the dates - really great! I guess I should list my USN Aircraft Carrier 'cruises'; you know, the Southeast Asian cruise and the Med cruises, and so on. Love it.

I went with CC on the Solstice because it was only $100 more and liked a few of the goodies - probably not worth it overall, but we'll see. Maybe handy having the Concierge (spelled it right that time - I think!) to call to make reservations at the specialty restaurants. Won't be able to tell until 18months from now! Can't believe I made a reservation so early, but I get a kick out of planning and talking/typing about it.

Denny

Hi, Denny,

Our USNS cruises were actually cruises for us, since we were being transported somewhere interesting and were not working aboard. Even had a shipboard romance on my Mediterranean cruise! We, of course, thought they were wonderful since we had a cabin steward to attend to our every desire and were served three meals a day in a lovely dining room. Also remember playing a LOT of canasta and dancing at night. Imagine they would look pretty spartan to us now that we've been on "modern" cruise ships.

I can understand that your wife had difficulty persuading you to pay to go to sea. We're trying to talk my son into a family cruise. He was deployed recently for 6 months as the air officer on a ship and says there's no way he's paying to get on another ship! I think he needs some distance from the experience.

Think you will like Concierge Class. The breakfast menu is wonderful! Served on a white tablecloth on your balcony. I'm hooked on the granola berry parfait! Assume they will have a similar menu on the Solstice. I just think it's strange that they didn't make those cabins larger. It will be interesting to hear all the first-hand reports from the Solstice once people return from their cruises.

And as for booking way ahead, you get the cabin you want and you get all that anticipation! You'll note that my next cruise is still a ways out.

Archived