Princess gave us back our FCC

hulamoon

Aloha everyone,

To balance out the story and to be fair, I wanted anyone who read that we had lost our FCC to know we got it back. We booked two weeks after it had expired. At the time we purchased it DH was told it lasted forever. So after 3 denials we did get the okay to have it back on our current booking.

We didn't expect this and thank you to Princess Cruises for doing this for us.

Now I am uncertain what to do with my back up plan, because that pencils out better even with the credit.

Glad to hear you got the FCC back.

We had a different problem with ours. Out TA does not understand them. She thinks they should be used ASAP. We have 5 cruises planned over the next couple of years so I got us 7 FCC's. When we booked the first one last month, our TA used all seven. We had booked the cruise right around the due date for final payment, so Princess would not give the extras back (even in exchange for $600. We appealed up the line and got them back.

We have now booked 3 more cruises and yes, our TA used 2 for each. Since we are sailing in a month and can get more then I didn't complain. I guess I will have to be real explicit in the future. JUST USE ONE FCC.

It is my understanding you can use them for your deposit, but we are most interested in the money, as we spend a lot of money on board.

Our TA booked a BC and took a large deposit $1200, when i noticed other agencies were asking for a lot less. The bottom line however interests me the most. So I am still about $700 away from plan B and I am hoping to get that straight. While we waited 5 days for our answer we shopped and came up with better prices.

I will tell you, I have learned more from Cruise Critic then any information I got from my TA. She finally asked where I was getting all of my information since I had never been on a cruise before and I told her "Cruise Critic". I don't think she was thrilled about it.

I think the FCC's are for the shipboard final bill... drinks, shopping, adventures ashore, etc. I never tried to use them for booking cruises.

Steve

The FCC can ONLY be used for a new booking! The advantage is the $100 deposit and varying OBC's. It has nothing to do with the final shipboard bill.

Ron

Glad to hear you got the FCC back.

We had a different problem with ours. Out TA does not understand them. She thinks they should be used ASAP. We have 5 cruises planned over the next couple of years so I got us 7 FCC's. When we booked the first one last month, our TA used all seven. We had booked the cruise right around the due date for final payment, so Princess would not give the extras back (even in exchange for $600. We appealed up the line and got them back.

We have now booked 3 more cruises and yes, our TA used 2 for each. Since we are sailing in a month and can get more then I didn't complain. I guess I will have to be real explicit in the future. JUST USE ONE FCC.

I take it your TA is not a Princess Commodore.....

Perhaps they should read future deposit and on board credit?

The advantage is a much lower deposit and on board credit based on lenght of cruise and catagory of cabin selected.

We love them!!!

I am happy with my OBC, but I am wondering why I do have such a very high deposit? My TA and I are not on the same page I think.

Just a little while ago she quoted a lower category much high than other sites. My loyalty is being tested against my pocketbook, or purse. :o

If you are using a FCC that is your deposit for the first person in the cabin ($100). The second person has to pay only $100 for their deposit. Both people get the OBC, amount depending on length of cruise and cabin category.

I will tell you, I have learned more from Cruise Critic then any information I got from my TA. She finally asked where I was getting all of my information since I had never been on a cruise before and I told her "Cruise Critic". I don't think she was thrilled about it.

We have been cruising since 1973...don't ask how many, etc....I'm not into flying my flag ...but, you are right. I don't bother with a Ta anymore,

although my best friend is one & booked many cruises for us. I find that

by booking directly with the cruiseline, I get more "perks", more upgrades,

etc. in light of the fact that they don't have to pay a commission, they

seem to be more generous with the handouts. Think about it, with the

$$ they save by not paying a TA, they can upgrade your cabin, give you

a special dinner (wherever), or send bubbley to your cabin on arrival,so

go for it!!!:D

We have been cruising since 1973...don't ask how many, etc....I'm not into flying my flag ...but, you are right. I don't bother with a Ta anymore, although my best friend is one & booked many cruises for us. I find that by booking directly with the cruiseline, I get more "perks", more upgrades, etc. in light of the fact that they don't have to pay a commission, they seem to be more generous with the handouts. Think about it, with the $$ they save by not paying a TA, they can upgrade your cabin, give you a special dinner (wherever), or send bubbley to your cabin on arrival,so go for it!!!:D
If this works for you, fine. But, I think a good TA earns their money. I'm a pretty savvy cruiser when it comes to booking but I still make changes, change my mind about a cruise, look to my TA for assistance with getting consolidator air, have them check on alternative pre-cruise packages, etc. I use two different TAs because they specialize in different things and can get better pricing for their specialty. Even when I book through a cruiseline (whichever one I'm booking), I then turn the booking over to a TA. I want someone to give me the best pricing possible and look out for me; they're my advocate. My TAs get better pricing than the cruiseline; I'd much rather pay less for a cruise than get a bottle of wine or a coupon for dinner and you can bet I get a better price than the cost of wine, specialty dinner, etc.

We have been cruising since 1973...don't ask how many, etc....I'm not into flying my flag ...but, you are right. I don't bother with a Ta anymore,

although my best friend is one & booked many cruises for us. I find that

by booking directly with the cruiseline, I get more "perks", more upgrades,

etc. in light of the fact that they don't have to pay a commission, they

seem to be more generous with the handouts. Think about it, with the

$$ they save by not paying a TA, they can upgrade your cabin, give you

a special dinner (wherever), or send bubbley to your cabin on arrival,so

go for it!!!:D

I have paid much less, by 100's per person by using a good discount travel agent rather than booking direct. It is all about shopping around. I do understand your reasoning though.

Archived