Online reservation for Chops/Portofino

I tried to make reservation online but there are no available time for the time I want (plus I need to make reservation for 8 people, I only selected 6 online). Do you think I'll have better luck if I book it as soon as I get onboard? Anyone has first hand experience...thanks!

this is pretty new but I would say they are sold out at the time you want and you will have to choose another day/time. Also why didn't you choose 8 if you need that many? Won't it allow you to? Try going to a different day and see if your choices differ, otherwise you will probably have to wait until you are on board.

Thanks for the suggestion:)

My theory is that they can't do all the reservations online...they have to save some for other people to book it onboard (at least I hope). I hope I can get the time I want, I will do it as soon as I get onboard.

P.S. They only allow you to book up to 6 ppl online

Try booking 2 tables of 4. A day or two before your reservation, go to the restaurant and request the two tables be put together.

Be careful doing that, most likely when you push 2 square tables that hold 4 people each together you can only endup fitting 2 people on each side of table and 1 person on each end for a total of only 6 people.

Those square tables they have that hold 4 people aren't very large at all, you would need a table like they have in the Dining rooms that hold 4 people on each side for a total of 8 place settings.

Jimbo:)

A couple of observations - I booked a table for 5 for both specialty restaurants and the times were very limited due to the size of the table I requested. I had to select a time that was not really what I wanted. I looked at tables for 2 and 4 and all times were available. Called C&A and was told size of my party caused the offerings for those times only. Asked about checking when I got onboard and was told I could but many of the specialty restaurants were being sold out with pre reservations. So there may be passengers that are the 1st on the ship that go straight to the restaurant they wish to book only to find they are already booked for the complete cruise. It looks as if they are not holding back any tables for booking on board if they can pre sell them all.

Just returned from FOS and reserved Chops & Portifino online for 2 nights prior to embarkation. I tried to get 2 additional nights once we embarked and couldn't find anything earlier than 9:30 pm. I don't like to eat that late but took the timeslots anyway. Each night we arrived 30 minutes to 1 hour early and they had absolutely no problem seating us. You may not be able to get a window table or a large table, though. Hope this helps.

because we are a family of 4 with 2 cabins...we have 2 reservation numbers. when i finally was able to reserve.....i could only get 2 of us at 6:30 and 2 at 7:00. this will not work. i am praying that when i get onboard they will either move all 4 to one or the other.:o

A couple of observations - I booked a table for 5 for both specialty restaurants and the times were very limited due to the size of the table I requested. I had to select a time that was not really what I wanted. I looked at tables for 2 and 4 and all times were available. Called C&A and was told size of my party caused the offerings for those times only. Asked about checking when I got onboard and was told I could but many of the specialty restaurants were being sold out with pre reservations. So there may be passengers that are the 1st on the ship that go straight to the restaurant they wish to book only to find they are already booked for the complete cruise. It looks as if they are not holding back any tables for booking on board if they can pre sell them all.

Interesting. I would have thought that some reservations were held back, much like some of the cruise excursions, to allow onboard people to book. But I guess not! I think a lot more of it depends on the size of the table like you said. I just looked for my cruise in August for a table for two, and every single day and every single time slot was available.

I wish to book one of the specialties for a very large group - 10 or 12 people - is there someone I can contact prior to boarding to do this? Could it work booking 2 tables of 6 in advance and then speaking to the HW?

We're planning on having a special celebratory dinner to honor our Dad, who turns 75 this year. If what's being said is true about the on-line reservations, I doubt we could do this once on board.

Our ship reservation(s) are "grouped," does this mean I can work with someone in group sales to help with this?

Lisa.

Be careful doing that, most likely when you push 2 square tables that hold 4 people each together you can only endup fitting 2 people on each side of table and 1 person on each end for a total of only 6 people.

Those square tables they have that hold 4 people aren't very large at all, you would need a table like they have in the Dining rooms that hold 4 people on each side for a total of 8 place settings.

Jimbo:)

You are so right! I never gave the table size a thought............. Thanks for catching that!

Archived