How many times have you cruised the same ship?

LOL, i was about to quote a poster and ask what exactly they found that wasnt "wheelchair friendly" about Monarch but I seen they posted 4 years ago :o

Other than only having 4 accessible cabins, I found Monarch to be just as "wheelchair friendly" as Radiance or Freedom. In fact probably a little more wheelchair friendly as far as elevators goes than Freedom just because of much less passengers using them.

The accessible deck 9 SOV on Monarch has been the largest accessible cabin I have stayed in so far........Bigger than the OV on Radiance and PR on Freedom and it has two windows. :)

We've been on the Explorer 6 times and will sail on her again In February. We're from Jersey' date=' so it is just so convenient. But, we are sailing on the Brilliance in November. Of course, she's leaving from Bayonne, also.:D[/quote']

hi fellow bayonne'er!!!! i've also sailed on the explorer 6 times too! i will be going on her again this december and probably next may (maybe switching it up with norwegian). i live in brooklyn and my bf's family lives in SI and the drive from SI over the bayonne bridge to cape liberty is only 10 minutes! until they put a new ship in bayonne, i will continue to sail the explorer. i love how convenient it is and it's so close!

i'm trying to do a cruise every 6 months or so. love love love royal caribbean. :p

Hi Just returned from a really great first cruise on Independance of the Seas.Am booked to cruise her again May 09.looking to book another cruise September - October 09.My wife who uses a wheelchair had such a good experience that although we would like to try other lines or vessels, now we 'know the ropes'on Independance we feel comfortable going for a third time.

Would value your opinions.

Regards Doc07

I like cruising the same ship. I'd cruise Serenade over and over again without problem

I have only sailed on one ship twice. Personally, I would only sail twice on a particular ship mainly because the experience of the cruise is exactly the same. I enjoy the shows and restaurants the most. For the most part, the shows remain the same for several years. I would consider sailing the same ship after it has gone through a drydock and has added features or changes.

Zero. Never been on a ship more than once and the only ship I would consider repeating is the Allure. The cruise industry has tons of choices and I would like to experience as much of the differences as possible.

Living close to the port of Baltimore we have cruised on the Enchantment of the Seas 3 times since 2010. Cruising on her again doing a repositioning cruise in April 2013. Then she leaves the port of Baltimore and the Grandeur of the Seas replaces her. We have cruised on the Grandeur already out of Florida so we will definitely be cruising on her very often out of Baltimore. We have cruised on many Carnival ships numerous times. We feel at home when we step into a ship that we have cruised on already......easier to find my way around and I NEED IT since I don't have any sense of direction..........:)

I cruised twice on Carnival Valor - once doing the western Caribbean and the following year, eastern.

I was booked on Serenade for 2013, which would have been a second go-around for that ship, but had to cancel the cruise for economic reasons. I'm now booked for 2014 on Jewel of the Seas, sister to Serenade.

They move ships around and alternate itineraries often. If you like a ship, why not cruise on her again? Even if you repeat an itinerary, you only get one day at each port. There are always things I leave thinking, "I want to do that next time I'm here."

ENJOY!!

Being in the UK you are certainly limited in the number of ships easily accessible to you. For us, a not too bad drive down to Florida puts us in fairly easy reach of any class of ship RCCL has afloat. With that and because of limited cruise time - I've been on Monarch 4 times, Majesty & Enchantment twice.

Archived