How many times have you cruised the same ship?

We are doing Italy and Croatia on the Legend of the Seas in 10/08 and it will be our third time on it. We also did Legend for Panama Canal and Alaska. It seems she is always where we want to go and ANY Royal ship is fine with me.

• 4 years later...
We are going on the Independence for the third time on the 15/10/08 we were on the inaugural cruise in May then 14 days to the med in June, we loved it so much that when we got back we booked 11 days in October to the Canary islands such a bargain.

Just found my old post and chuckled to myself - 3 times on one ship lol!! Saturday I embark Indy for the 16th time- still trying to decide if I like her!!

Seriously, though, you've sailed enough on Independence that you probably have more days on her than most of her crew.

If you ever figure out if you like the ship or not, please let me know. I'm scheduled to sail on her for the first time in February.

Seriously, though, you've sailed enough on Independence that you probably have more days on her than most of her crew.

If you ever figure out if you like the ship or not, please let me know. I'm scheduled to sail on her for the first time in February.

If you liked the Liberty you should like the Independence and Freedom.

Hi Just returned from a really great first cruise on Independance of the Seas.Am booked to cruise her again May 09.looking to book another cruise September - October 09.My wife who uses a wheelchair had such a good experience that although we would like to try other lines or vessels, now we 'know the ropes'on Independance we feel comfortable going for a third time.

Would value your opinions.

Regards Doc07

Good question, I was set to give my answer, but since a lot of what you probably need might be based on the wheel chair access, RC's newer ships are PROBABLY better equipped. Since Indy works for you, Her sisters, Freedom and Liberty of the Seas should be comparable and I'll bet people with wheel chair needs probably find Oasis and Allure equal or better.

Back to the subject, I've sailed Majesty twice, I'm booked for my 2nd on Alllure, and next year I may return to Freedom, unless something makes me have to book the new class of ship when it comes out.

There is only 1 ship that I have been on twice, Mariner, but one was from the east coast and one from the west. Have also been on Navigator (twin) and Explorer (almost twin).

Added to say this thread is almost 4 years old, so the original question is probably not so important any more!

Till I realized this was thread was dug up from the ancient scrolls!! ;) :D

I noticed that too. The minute I open a thead I always look to see when the first post was made, 2008!!! But I couldn't resist answering it after I saw that even Host Faith posted here today too.

I noticed that too. The minute I open a thead I always look to see when the first post was made, 2008!!! But I couldn't resist answering it after I saw that even Host Faith posted here today too.

Oops! The one time I didn't check, lol. Still a fun thread anyway :D

Hi Just returned from a really great first cruise on Independance of the Seas.Am booked to cruise her again May 09.looking to book another cruise September - October 09.My wife who uses a wheelchair had such a good experience that although we would like to try other lines or vessels, now we 'know the ropes'on Independance we feel comfortable going for a third time.

Would value your opinions.

Regards Doc07

sailed on the Vision twice, second cruise had the cabin next to the one I had the first time.

I did not check either, till I got a kick out of PH8 talking about the Sovereign!!

Ahh...and now we are losing the Monarch...sigh.... :(

I cruised the Empress twice, same itinerary, different departure port. I sailed her as the Nordic Empress and then again after her refurb as the Empress of the Seas. I loved that ship!

We sailed her 4 times to Bermuda. Do you remember the head waiter Medic? What a great guy. On our 4th sailing, we expected to see him and had a gift for him but he was transferred. One of the waiters we had twice before took his place. Forget his name though.

We've only done 1 cruise so far, but back in February we decided to book a 2nd cruise. We had the option of going on Rhapsody (she was the ship we sailed on) again but when I found out Voyager was going to be in our waters, Voyager won hands down!!!!!!

Would sail on Rhapsody again tho. But then have still yet got to try Radiance!!!

Twice on the Conquest. Certainly knew my way around the ship second time around. Wouldn't have done it if I was able to go on another ship out of N.O., but whenever there is a different ship once in a while, it seems like the time is not right. I really would like to try others and not repeat though. Still had a ball second time around on the Conquest. I don't think I would want to go a third time though.

I have been on a different ship for each of my 3 (soon to be 4) cruises, but we are still new to cruising so we are enjoying exploring all of our different options.

I don't think there is anything wrong with sticking with the same ship, the IOS was my first cruise, and I know what an awesome ship it is.

I like the low stress of sailing on a ship more than once - you've already figured out where things are, so you seem to relax even more! You know exactly how long it takes to get from one place to another, you know the less travelled routes to anywhere, you know the best observation spots inside and outside, and softest seats for lounging. Ahhhh!

Archived