Time Inspiration goes under bridge after sailaway

mosaic_mom

If the ship leaves Tampa at 4 pm, about what time would it go under the Skyway Bridge? We have 6:15 dinner time and were wondering if we could make watching the ship pass under the bridge and still make it to dinner on time.

Has anyone seen this on the return trip to Tampa? Wondering how early we must get up to see it on the day we return to Tampa.

(I know this has been asked before, but I could not get the search to work tonight.)

Yes, shortly after 6 it should go under the Skyway. I don't know if there's a late-to-dinner policy. Hopefully someone has experience with early seating and catching the Skyway. As far as time to see the Skyway when you come back, I cannot say for sure.

I originally was set for early seating (on the Legend) as well, but DH and I decided before we left that we would like to change it because of the Skyway and also so we don't have to rush after the ports to dinner. Late seating worked so good for us, would it for you? (We were by ourselves, no kids or others.)

We noticed when we originally left Tampa that the bouys that line the shipping channel in and out of Tampa Bay extended for a little ways after the Skyway. Upon return from the club that last night sometime about 3 AM, we were able to see the bouys! They were lit up pretty bright, and really cool to see at night as it was lit up like a runway, green on one side and red on the other. Catch it if you can, really.

It seems my ship was estimated to dock in Tampa between 6:30 and 7 (officially listed at 8, but they said at the debark talk that Customs boards as soon as we dock, and gave those times.) It took us 2+ hours to navigate the Bay on the way out; it only makes sense that is reasonable on the return.

If I had to guess based on the bouys and the ETA, I'd say 4:30ish you should go under the Skyway coming back. Remember that's just my personal guess. Note that the Skyway itself is not lit up too bright. (IMO not like it should be.) The bridges and fishing piers on either side of the tall span are lit bright though.

If the ship leaves Tampa at 4 pm, about what time would it go under the Skyway Bridge? We have 6:15 dinner time and were wondering if we could make watching the ship pass under the bridge and still make it to dinner on time.

Has anyone seen this on the return trip to Tampa? Wondering how early we must get up to see it on the day we return to Tampa.

(I know this has been asked before, but I could not get the search to work tonight.)

Depending on conditions it will take 2 hrs to 2hrs and 15 minutes to get to the Sunshine Skyway.

In the AM on the return trip you will need to be on deck about 4 AM or so........;)

We were on the Sensation in 2003 with a cat 12 - balcony - and were outside on the balcony when we went under the Skyway bridge coming home... Should have been sleeping but wasn't. It was around 3:30ish in the am. We watched and then retired to get up a couple of hours later.... what a drive that morning.

Personally, I would hit the buffet or grab some pizza the first night. I would not want to be in the dining room and watching from the windows. I would want to be on deck taking pictures. I saw Samantha Brown go under the bridge on Travel Channel and though 'how cool'.

We sailed on the Inspiration on Jun 2nd and went under the bridge about 6:15. They had just changed to the early dining time of 6 pm and we went to the dining room as soon as we went under the bridge and there were many others doing the same thing. I think they expect that to happen.

Thank you everyone for your answers. HostMach, thanks for the video link. I also read your great review too.

The reason for asking is because the day we leave is also Thanksgiving and we were looking forward to the meal in the dining room. Otherwise, the buffet would have worked good too. I hate being the one holding up supper, but perhaps they will understand that evening.

Thank you everyone for your answers. HostMach, thanks for the video link. I also read your great review too.

The reason for asking is because the day we leave is also Thanksgiving and we were looking forward to the meal in the dining room. Otherwise, the buffet would have worked good too. I hate being the one holding up supper, but perhaps they will understand that evening.

If you have the early dining just dash up and forward to the Verandah deck. You could see the folk out there in that little video clip.

I'm sure the servers are used to a bit of a mass exodus about then...

;)

Yes, shortly after 6 it should go under the Skyway. I don't know if there's a late-to-dinner policy. Hopefully someone has experience with early seating and catching the Skyway. As far as time to see the Skyway when you come back, I cannot say for sure.

I originally was set for early seating (on the Legend) as well, but DH and I decided before we left that we would like to change it because of the Skyway and also so we don't have to rush after the ports to dinner. Late seating worked so good for us, would it for you? (We were by ourselves, no kids or others.)

We noticed when we originally left Tampa that the bouys that line the shipping channel in and out of Tampa Bay extended for a little ways after the Skyway. Upon return from the club that last night sometime about 3 AM, we were able to see the bouys! They were lit up pretty bright, and really cool to see at night as it was lit up like a runway, green on one side and red on the other. Catch it if you can, really.

It seems my ship was estimated to dock in Tampa between 6:30 and 7 (officially listed at 8, but they said at the debark talk that Customs boards as soon as we dock, and gave those times.) It took us 2+ hours to navigate the Bay on the way out; it only makes sense that is reasonable on the return.

If I had to guess based on the bouys and the ETA, I'd say 4:30ish you should go under the Skyway coming back. Remember that's just my personal guess. Note that the Skyway itself is not lit up too bright. (IMO not like it should be.) The bridges and fishing piers on either side of the tall span are lit bright though.

As I recall RWT buoy at the entrance to the shipping channel is@ 16 mi. west of Egmont @60' of water. The bridge is even more imposing when you pop up under it from a dive.Happy sails to you all.

As I recall RWT buoy at the entrance to the shipping channel is@ 16 mi. west of Egmont @60' of water. The bridge is even more imposing when you pop up under it from a dive.Happy sails to you all.

Awwww... so I was that close to seeing the Skyway on the way back! Relatively speaking, though. I think about it more and I realize I would still have been like an hour away from the Skyway at that point! 16 miles out... wow! And I knew those waters had to be deep!

Archived