Happy Canada Day!!

librarycin

Just sitting in our Gazebo on a hot +30C day sipping on White wine and having Rack of Lamb, asparagus, double baked potatoes on the BBQ later.....

Just like sitting on my Balcony on X pretending that I am in the Caribbean. But, at least I can wear my shorts to Dinner.... :D

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!

Happy Canada Day to you all! We are so fortunate to live in this country of ours! Be proud.

Later, it will be steak on the barbie for us plus a wonderful glass of red wine. But it sure is hot today (in the 30's C) and that has brought out the mosquitoes.

Enjoy any parades or fireworks today!:D

Susan M - good catch! Thank you for the French Canada Day wishes as well! We had a BBQ last night, and will be heading out for fireworks later tonight! My dad will be setting them off (he is trained for it and has done it for years) at a regional park nearby (I'm currently in Sask, not at home in Calgary)...I'm looking forward to it! :D

HAPPY CANADA DAY from Niagara.

The rest of my day will be spent working at my DH's carnival - same thing we do every year. The carnival is put on by the Lion's Club. They raise monies for many worthwhile purposes so I don't mind giving up my day. (Actually it will be the next 6 evenings.)

Happy Canada Day to you all from La Belle Province.

I spent the day playing golf and am now getting ready for my husband to make some steaks on the BBQ.

It is a beautiful sunny day here in Montreal. What about the rest of the Counytry? Eh?

Just sitting in our Gazebo on a hot +30C day sipping on White wine and having Rack of Lamb, asparagus, double baked potatoes on the BBQ later.....

It doesn't get much better than that...other that a slice of strawberry shortcake for dessert. :)

Happy Canada Day from Toronto! We had beautiful weather-about 26C, sunny, no humidity and a refreshing breeze. I spent the day at Canada's Wonderland with my daughters (ages 20 and 32). It has become a tradition for us. And what could be more Canadian than having Tim Horton's for breakfast and Swiss Chalet for dinner.

Shelley

Happy Canada Day from Ottawa !!!

My wife is a police officer and has to work an 11 hour shift so it's just been me and the dog all day. The good news is that because it's her regular shift she does not have to work downtown where all the celebrations are going on. They are expecting over 300,000 to show up for the party. It's been a great day weatherwise, sunshine and 26c.

Just wanting to wish a HAPPY CANADA DAY to my friends in the north!:)

I have a joke that I think may be appropriate for the occasion.

There was a guy who originally discovered the land mass that was eventually named "Canada".

When he discovered it, his friends asked him, "What are ya gonna name it?"

"Well," he told his friends, "I'll call it: CANADA."

"How are ya gonna spell that, then?" they wanted to know.

"Well," he began, "how about C, eh? N, eh? D, eh?" :D

Happy Canada Day from Toronto! We had beautiful weather-about 26C, sunny, no humidity and a refreshing breeze. I spent the day at Canada's Wonderland with my daughters (ages 20 and 32). It has become a tradition for us. And what could be more Canadian than having Tim Horton's for breakfast and Swiss Chalet for dinner.

Shelley

Wow, it just doesn't get more Canadian than that. Now, if you could eat it while watching a Hockey game......;)

I'm so incredibly proud of this Country of ours. Isn't it awesome!!!!

Sandra

It doesn't get much better than that...other that a slice of strawberry shortcake for dessert. :)

Mmmmm...actually - my mom didn't have strawberries, but she had saskatoons instead, so we made ours saskatoon shortcake :D - yummy stuff!

Usha - I also wanted to thank you for the joke...very funny! :D

It was a beautiful day, weather-wise, and we had some very nice fireworks last night. Nothing fancy...I was in a small regional park in southern Sask. and the local Lions Club pays for a very small amount of fireworks (and my dad is certified to set them off, so he has done that every year for the past 20ish years), but I heard comments from around me that this year was the best ever - and I'd agree! I had a fabulous Canada Day and it sounds like many other people did too!

Sandra, I too, am proud to be Canadian! :)

We had a great Canada Day here in Sechelt (pop about 8,000), we had a wonderfull small town parade, all of the red coated mounties were in step this year, we had a fly over by a Canadian Forces SAR Buffalo not just once but 3 times and then we all went over to the park where O Canada was sung in both English and in the tongue of our local Native Indian Band, the Sechelts.

Archived