NCL - Stock perks?

Private , no stock . Would be nice though..

""NCL remains wholly owned by Star Cruise Lines. The Malaysian parent has indicated its interest in a possible re-listing of NCL in the mid-2000s. David Colin Veitch is NCL's president and CEO.""

""NCL remains wholly owned by Star Cruise Lines. The Malaysian parent has indicated its interest in a possible re-listing of NCL in the mid-2000s. David Colin Veitch is NCL's president and CEO.""

Star Cruises only owns half of NCL, the other half is owned by Apollo Management. All NCL stock is held by private parties, you can't buy NCL stock on any market. Rumors are that after a few years, Apollo Management and Star Cruises will offer an IPO for NCL. If and when that happens you'll be able to buy stock in NCL.

Does anyone know if there are any perks such as OBC for owning NCL stock, like Carnival does?

Royal Caribbean offers the same general perks that Carnival offers.

As others have noted, "no" to NCL

Star Cruises only owns half of NCL, the other half is owned by Apollo Management. All NCL stock is held by private parties, you can't buy NCL stock on any market. Rumors are that after a few years, Apollo Management and Star Cruises will offer an IPO for NCL. If and when that happens you'll be able to buy stock in NCL.

Perhaps , but , will they give us any perks for ownership .

My bet is no . ;)

Would someone mind telling me exactly what the perks are? Also, If you buy Carnival stock, do you get the perks for Princess or Holland America (I think Carnival owns them too)? RCCL?

Thanks.

For owning 100+ shares of Carnival stock, the on-board credit is (per cabin):

14 days or longer $250.00

7 to 13 days $100.00

6 days or less $50.00

And you do get the credit on all of the Carnival-owned North American lines, like Princess, HAL, Cunard, Costa, etc. There is a separate schedule for their non-NA brands.

Not sure if RCI/Celebrity has a similar program.

CCL Benefits

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

RCL Benefits:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

On some of the CCL Brands, ie Cunard, the stockholder benefit is not combinable with onboard credit from your T/A. You will receive the higher amount of either.

RCCL Brands Stockholder benefits are combinable with OBC from your T/a or RCCL. Benefits are also combinable with Balcony Discounts (Plat & Diamond)

and RCCL Visa Cruise rewards.

IMHO, RCCL has a better loyalty program with less restrictions.

CCL Benefits

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

RCL Benefits:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

On some of the CCL Brands, ie Cunard, the stockholder benefit is not combinable with onboard credit from your T/A. You will receive the higher amount of either.

RCCL Brands Stockholder benefits are combinable with OBC from your T/a or RCCL. Benefits are also combinable with Balcony Discounts (Plat & Diamond)

and RCCL Visa Cruise rewards.

IMHO, RCCL has a better loyalty program with less restrictions.

thank you, I will check out those websites.

Not sure if RCI/Celebrity has a similar program.

Yes, RCL offers the following share OBC perks:

$250. - 14 nights or more

$200. - 9-13 nights

$100. - 6-8 nights

$50. - 5 nights or less

Caveat - As those who bought RCL in the 40s and CCL at much higher levels know, DO NOT buy the stock solely for the perks.

As a matter of fact, with rising oil prices and an economic downturn, this is probably not a good time to buy a cruise stock.

• 5 years later...
Does anyone know if there are any perks such as OBC for owning NCL stock, like Carnival does?

Yes they do I just Got $100.OBC you have to send in the info proof of shares and res. # Its not combinable with some OBC but is with others

Edited by RNPJN

FYI. If you were foolish like us and rushed out and purchased the 100 shares of NCL stock when it became available, thinking you would have the same benefits as the other cruise lines have, forget it!

While the other two cruise lines have been reliable and great about granting the OBC, according to NCL you have to use a non-discounted rate to qualify for their OBC. Let's be honest now...how many people pay full prices for their cruises? Thanks to all of the wonderful cruise discounters no one.

NCL stock? Not worth it.

I got obc and a disc rate plus another 100 dollar obc ? don't know how they figure it because I could not use on the getaway but I bought it as invest anyway 15.66% gain It is worth it

Edited by RNPJN

And buy for investment not for perks.

Edited by RNPJN

I rushed out and purchased it for the perks. I made my reservation with my TA and she used a New York state resident discount. I also received a rejection for my OBC. The only way to get my $100.00 credit wad to pay $40.00, which I did and now I have $60.00 OBC.

I bought RCCL stock years ago when I cruised with Celebrity and made the money back several times over.

And to add insult to injury, my cruise has price has dropped $300.00. I have a Handicapped room and the only upgrade available would be to a balcony, which I would have to pay much more money for, if one was available.

Got my $100 OBC on my Sept cruise without a problem, and it combined with my TA's OBC. So happy as a clam. I book insides and oceansview where the NCL OBC is usually slim to none and always <$100 so the restriction on combining offers doesn't come into play. It's a new stock and new program for NCL so I do hope they clarify their policy and loosen the restrictions though. Do have a cruise next year where the shareholder credit probably won't apply.

• 1 year later...

I must be behind times....when did NCL start offering stock ownership benefits.

I own Carnival and RCL, but, thought NCL was a privately owned company and did not offer shares.

Will have to check it out and the current price.

Thanks for posting and if you have any other info please share.

For the "cargo" which is US ;).... I sure hope the IPO is later vs sooner. Once it is a public company.... all the focus is on increased stock price and dividends paid... at the cost/expense of the passengers. Or that is what we have found in the past when a company goes "public".