NCL - Stock perks?

What counts as non-promotional though?

Does "free UBP" count as a promotion which can't be combined with shareholder discount?

This is the sticking point, on my Jade cruise with free UDP it was fine. My next two on Epic in the Haven with all 4 offers inc grats it has been denied. Who knows the actual policy!

I have applied in the past for the Shareholder Benefit, but was denied because I had other OBC's included in my bookings. I finally gave up. However, another post here on the boards last month, encouraged me to apply again. I have the Escape, Getaway and a B2B on the Gem coming up in 2016, so I tried it again. I downloaded the Shareholder Benefit form, got my account statement from Edward Jones, filled out one form each for the Escape and Getaway, and a single form for the Gem, and sent them by regular mail to the Shareholders Benefit Dept. in Miami. Two weeks later, I received an updated Amenity Confirmation email from NCL confirming an additional $100 on each of my upcoming cruises. In addition, I have the UDP, UBP, waiver of the gratuities, and an additional $150 OBC for both my wife and I. Sweet! :D

Got my $100 OBC on my Sept cruise without a problem, and it combined with my TA's OBC. So happy as a clam. I book insides and oceansview where the NCL OBC is usually slim to none and always <$100 so the restriction on combining offers doesn't come into play. It's a new stock and new program for NCL so I do hope they clarify their policy and loosen the restrictions though. Do have a cruise next year where the shareholder credit probably won't apply.

We got our $100 OBC without any problem and it was approved almost immediately after sending our proof of elegibility. And yes, we have an OBC through our agent as well. The only time we had a problem was when our OBC though our agent was part of an actual NCL perk. they instead of the OBC share holders credit we got dinner in Cagey's and a bottle of wine. The value was still worth about the $100.00.

• 8 months later...

100 shares is requirement and in past cruises we never could get to eligibility for obc but they would give me dinner at Cagney's with a bottle of wine. We had stopped sailing with ncl about 16 months ago because of frustrations with the line as platinum members so we don't know what to expect today. We just sent in our paperwork yesterday (Friday) morning for an upcoming trip on escape and haven't heard anything yet but suspect it will be rejected.

I've applied, and was given the shareholder's $100 OBC on my last 4 cruises, and for each leg in an upcoming back to back aboard the Gem the end of October. That OBC was in addition to several other OBC perks, early booking, suite booking etc. for a total of $400 on each booking.;) I filled out the shareholder benefit form, enclosed a statement from my Edward Jones guy showing my holdings, mailed it and within two weeks it showed up on my amenity confirmation document from NCL.;)

Was this is a rekindle challenge of the oldest thread possible?!

NCLH is a publicly traded company and you get shareholder benefits when travelling on a non-promotional fare.

thanks, I have to wonder why this thread has resurfaced as well. And yes, they do offer a perk, just like most lines. In fact they have for the last 3 or 4 years. BTW: even on promotional rates they now off the same. that was changed about a year or so ago.

They offer an OBC for anyone owning 100 shares or more. We have had no problem with getting our credit. Yes, it used to be, instead of the $100 you got dinner if you were on a promo. But the dinner is worth about $100 anyway. Of course I don't think I would buy stock just for a perk I might get on a cruise.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I'm actually glad it did resurface. I had forgotten about it (and only recently had the ownership of our stock formally transferred to me from my deceased DH's name).

I have to see if I'm eligible. It would be nice for anything since I'm paying 200% to travel alone. :)

Well I can say that ncl must have changed and improved the stock holders benefit. We just got notification of approval for $100 obc which is the first time in many attempts over the years. In the past if you had discounted fare it seemed to reject your eligibility. This trip I started with a free inside room from cas which upgraded at booking for a balcony and just this past week we accepted accepted an upsell to haven owners suite. It does require some follow up as we started the process last Friday and as I hadn't heard any response I contacted them today. They did then make contact saying they hadn't gotten any of the required paperwork so I resubmitted. Within a few hours got approval paperwork. Impressed with the changes.

• 4 weeks later...
We have not had any problems getting the $100 OBC for all of our discounted reservations with free at sea perks and other OBCs. Within 48 hours of emailing our requests, the OBC is posted.

How recent does your statement needs to be? I'm traveling August 20th. But, the form has to be submitted at least 15 days prior to the cruise. I think it would tight if I waited for my July statement. Would my June statement be current enough?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody tried to get the Shareholder's OBC for a 1-night weekend cruise, or is that excluded?

I've never tried it, but the words are '$50 for sailings of 6 Days or less', so I don't see why not.

• 1 month later...
I've never tried it, but the words are '$50 for sailings of 6 Days or less', so I don't see why not.

I can now confirm that there is $50 OBC for even 1-night cruises. Not bad considering the fare is $39pp.

How strict is NCL about not being able to use it towards Service Charges? Anybody have experience?

• 11 months later...

Just requested our stock holder benefits and got a rude shock - they have gone down drastically. The last flyer said $250 for cruises of 14 days or more. As we have two 14 day cruises booked, I requested the benefit and got only $100 ! I contacted them and they say NOW that you only get $100 for 14 days, must have 15 days to get the $250. There are very few 15 day cruises. That is a huge decrease from $250 to $100! Really getting taken on that one now.

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know if there are any perks such as OBC for owning NCL stock, like Carnival does?

1. What is the shareholder benefit?$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 or more days.$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 days.$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 days or less.Offer valid for any cruise vacation on Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® or Regent Seven SeasCruises®, excluding any charter sailings. Additional terms and conditions may apply.2. Who is eligible for this benefit?This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of NorwegianCruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) at time of sailing.3. How do I redeem this benefit?To redeem this special offer, simply complete the Shareholder Benefit Request Form which is availableon the Investor Relations website at http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com and mail or email with accompanyingdocumentation. You will be asked to provide your name, address, email address, telephone number,reservation number, ship and sailing date along with a photocopy of your shareholder proxy card orphotocopy of a current brokerage statement (brokerage account number must be blacked out beforesubmitting) showing proof of ownership of at least 100 shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.(NCLH). All shareholder benefit requests must be received at least fifteen days prior to sailing date.

We considered doing this until NCL told us the $100 OBC was not combinable with ANY special sale or fare. That the price you paid had to be the standard price. Have they finally come to their senses and let you use the OBC no matter how much you pay for the cruise?

We're always comped our cruises from CAS. We have used shareholder benefit every cruise too.