Barcelona hotels/apartments for larger families (merged)

Hi! I booked a hotel on hotels.com for 2 adults and 2 children in Barcelona. Turns out that the hotel only accommodates 2 people per room and they now want to charge us for an extra room. I am having a hard time finding a luxury hotel that will allow 4 people in a room. We would like to stay as close to or on Las Ramblas. Any suggestions???? Thanks!

We've booked a room for our family of 4 for one night post cruise at the Hotel Regina. It's in an excellent location, right by Placa Catalunya at the top of Ramblas. I can't say how the hotel is but it gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, which is why I booked it (along with the fact that it can accommodate 4 in a room!).

We've booked a room for our family of 4 for one night post cruise at the Hotel Regina. It's in an excellent location, right by Placa Catalunya at the top of Ramblas. I can't say how the hotel is but it gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, which is why I booked it (along with the fact that it can accommodate 4 in a room!).

Would love to hear from you after your stay, we are staying at the Hotel Regina 5 nights pre-cruise in November

Would love to hear from you after your stay, we are staying at the Hotel Regina 5 nights pre-cruise in November

When in November? We're there on the 1st so may just have time to let you know :)

we have just booked a queen suite at the hilton a little further into brcelona than las rambles but still quite central and they will sleep 5 in one room, a little tight but quite reasonable for 5 of us

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in Barcelona before going on a cruise at the beginning of June 2009. We are a family of five looking for a nice and clean hotel that is not too expensive. We would like to be near the Las Ramblas area but don't have to be on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels that may fit the bill? We would like to be in a hotel rather than an apartment because some of my other family members are going and want to stay in a hotel. They only need a double. Thanks!!!:) :) :)

We will be in Barcelona before going on a cruise at the beginning of June 2009. We are a family of five looking for a nice and clean hotel that is not too expensive. We would like to be near the Las Ramblas area but don't have to be on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels that may fit the bill? We would like to be in a hotel rather than an apartment because some of my other family members are going and want to stay in a hotel. They only need a double. Thanks!!!:) :) :)

Check out these hotels:

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_ramblas.htm

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_palacete.htm

We, a party of 7, also stayed at Hispanos on June 8th. VERY nice hotel. We had a living room, dining room, kitchen and 3 bedrooms. There was also a very large, lovely balcony/porch that looked into a courtyard. Highly recommend this place.

• 1 month later...
Hotel Regina. I know thay have 'family rooms'. We stayed as 2 in a standard room and it was very nice. Right at the top of Las Ramblas.

We are thinking of booking this hotel for 2 nights next August. Anything we should be aware of when booking? Did you include the breakfast in your booking? We are in our late 50s/early 60s and enjoy walking so expect that the distances to the main sightseeing areas may be walkable from this location.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Thanks

Kathy

We are planning to stay at the Hotel Regina for 2 nights pre-cruise next August - 2 persons standard room with breakfast. Looking forward to any suggestions or recommendations you have after your trip.

Have a great cruise.

Kathy

You could try Citadines Aparthotel, they have studios and one and two bedroom suites. It is a hotel with apartment facilities and it is right in the middle of the Ramblas. Citadines have accommodation in most European cities and they are very popular.

This is just a tip for larger families: I searched and searched for hotels in Barcelona. The rates were out of reach for us since we're a family of 5, we would require 2 rooms at 200 Euros each per night. I tried several configurations with military or AAA discount. We ended up renting an apartment for 125 euros for a total of 7 nights (a few days pre and post cruise). We were worried about using paypal and putting a deposit up front, but vrbo has "rent with confidence" protection. You must register your reservation with them within 7 days in order to be protected. Read the fine print.

Here is the apartment: http://www.vrbo.com/98594

The protection works with several apartment rental websites:

http://guarantee.homeaway.com/

Also, there is a hotel on top of the train station which would be convenient if you're taking the train to sightsee. We would have needed 2 rooms at 90 euros each night, but I read old reviews that the beds are very uncomfortable.

125 doesn't sound like much, but after the conversion, 125 Euros for 7 nights + 45 cleaning fee are about $1300.

We canceled our cruise and re-booked about 1 week before final payment was due. Our cruise price dropped, we took advantage AND got better cabins. With 2 cabins, we saved $1200 which is being used towards our apartment :D

Try LovingBarcelona.com I reserved a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment right off Las Ramblas for 2 nights end of October Reasonable prices, lots of nice apartments to choose from, and you can see photos and info on each apartment available. You can serach by area, number of beds, number of bedrooms, etc. They answer emails and questions promptly too.

Try LovingBarcelona.com I reserved a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment right off Las Ramblas for 2 nights end of October Reasonable prices, lots of nice apartments to choose from, and you can see photos and info on each apartment available. You can serach by area, number of beds, number of bedrooms, etc. They answer emails and questions promptly too.

The apartments that fit our budget required 7 night minimum and our 7 nights are broken up pre and post cruise. Also, the ones that didn't require 7 nights, seemed to have only single beds. :) That looks like a great website though if we didn't have our teens traveling with us. Soon I hope...:rolleyes:

Archived