Temporary Tattoos????

I don't know about the Imagination, but when we were on the Fascination in Feb. 2008, my wife and her friend got them aboard ship. I can't remember the cost though:( . I think it stayed on for about 2 weeks or so.

Good luck!

Lee

I'm pretty sure I saw them on the Imagination. There is a big book of tattoos in varing sizes to choose from so the cost would go with the size. I have no idea what that could be though. :)

You will find the tattoo cart on the Lido deck.

There was one on board the Holiday and also on Passion Island when we got there. I was afraid of an allergic reaction so I didn't get one. I've seen some pics of bad reactions and with my luck. That would happen to me.

In Europe we are warned against the risks of temporary tatoos, you can read about this from the British health services: http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2003/e03177.htm

There's a poster about this in my French doctor's office or I would have never known about it.

The article states "Micropigmentation machines operate by injecting dye via a needle into the surface layers of skin but if correctly applied not as deep as conventional tattoo."

The temporary tattoos that were available on the Fascination in January were airbrush only. There were no needles, and the airbrush design lasted about 8-9 days (about a week looking good, then started fading fast).

Mine cost about $20 total. It was a line of dolphins that I had them do twice so it could wrap around my wrist. I also added color which cost even more. I believe the tattoo I chose was $7 (done twice so charged twice) plus color was I think $3. Then you had the obligatory 15% gratuity!

I had fun with it, but wouldn't do it again. Been there, done that!

In Europe we are warned against the risks of temporary tatoos, you can read about this from the British health services: http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2003/e03177.htm

There's a poster about this in my French doctor's office or I would have never known about it.

These are two different things: semi-permanent tattoos and the airbrush tattoos on the ship. Semi-permanent tattoos are micropigmentations and still use needles. The temp tattoos on the ship, obviously, do not use needles.

Thank you to everyone for the information and the warnings......

I was definitely thinking airbrush tattoos like the ones we got when we were at Disney world. If that is what they have then that would work.

Personally, I would never get a henna tattoo permanent or not and my children would DEFINITELY not get any tattoos at any ports.

And, as for the "risque" tattoos, we won't be having any of that in this family.......

I guess whatever floats your boat (pardon the pun) but I can't believe people would do that.

Again thank you to all!

I saw a family that got their young daughter (maybe 6-7?) a tramp stamp, that was lovely. Things that make ya go hmmmmm

Hahaha!!

This quote made me laugh out loud..... you are right, WHO would DO this????

Catrin

We had the airbrushed tattos done last October. They were done by the airbrush person on the Liberty. We had music notes done. Our son is a music major in college so we wanted him to think we got the notes permentently. They lasted almost 2weeks.

They do have the air brush tattoos on the Imagination. My wife got one on the Valor and it had washed off by the end of the cruise.

Maybe they didn't use much spray paint. Mine was real black and, like I said, lasted almost three weeks.

On my last two cruises, everytime I wanted to get a little one I could never find the stand. Not sure if they were only around certain times of the day but then when I was headed someplace else, the stands were all over the place. Anyways, I got one about 3 weeks ago at a local amusement park and to this day, it still looks brand new. It must be something about me because I once bougt one out of a store in the mall, wet it and applied it it to my skin and that one lasted a long time also.

I got one on the Victory and it lasted nearly three weeks.

They do have the air brush tattoos on the Imagination. My wife got one on the Valor and it had washed off by the end of the cruise.

My daughter's lasted a lil over a week, but she got it the last night of the cruise. I think it's lifespan has a lot to do with many factors, such as swimming, sun screen, lotions, etc.

The temorary tatoos are henna tatoos. There are no needles or machines involved at all. It is like one of those things used to decorate cakes. The henna is painted on the skin, no intrusion whatsoever. With proper care, they can last 2-4 weeks.

The Little Woman got a beautiful butterfly on her left . . . ummmm . . . . left . . . ummmm . . . chestal area . . . . it's just a color transfer and if you don't get it oily it will last a week or so. We both really enjoyed it! Looked good peeking out of bathing suit top. I think it cost about $5 and a tip, if I remember right.

DO IT!!! It's a lot of fun -- plus it comes off when you're through.

They do last awhile if you take care of it - approx $15-20 depending on what you get - lots of fun. We found the 'tatoo' cart on an inside deck once as it was raining so 4 of us decided to get one.

My dh was not on the cruise with me so when I got home I showed him the tattoo - told him I got drunk one night and woke up with this on my leg!- too funny! :D:D

Yes - I got an airbrushed Tiger on my arm on the Holiday last year - $15 and it lasted a little over a week. The great thing was that after the color wore off, I could still see the tiger for a couple of more weeks, due to the tanning from the cruise (I didn't tan where the airbrush 'ink' was :) )

Archived