Beach towels provided on Med cruises?

debsjc

I'm trying to cut down on how much baggage I take. Can I get away without taking a beach towel. Will O provide them to take ashore even on a Med cruise?

Hopefully someone has been recently and can help me out - thanks :o

We just retuned from a 14 day Med cruise. There were no towels available when leaving the ship but you can go to the pool deck to get them. A little more disturbing to me was the fact that there was no water available for purchase when leaving the ship. Not a bit issue in the spring and fall but in the summer months it's a must have.

A little more disturbing to me was the fact that there was no water available for purchase when leaving the ship. Not a bit issue in the spring and fall but in the summer months it's a must have.

They did not have water in your cabin for purchase? That is surprising

There was no one on the Regatta selling water in the early mornings we disembarked a few weeks ago.

Since I always take water on excursions, I always ask the my room attendant to bring and charge me for several (I think I did 6 this trip) at a time. I don't have to worry about the water not being there at the gangplank when departing for tours. No, it's not ice cold, but, you can put in the ice bucket or fridge if you like. I don't like it cold so it works well for me.

Once you buy a small bottle of water the first day you get on the ship, keep that empty bottle after you have finished. Then you can buy those big bottles from room service ($4 each four years ago?) and refill your emptied small bottle repeatedly as needed. (Remember to rinse the small bottle such that it does not get "stale" especially if you drink directly from it, as there won't be cups available if you are on shore excursion). It may be somewhat cumbersome, but it is doable!

Bottled water and powerade were both for sale in the Insignia Lounge before the tours depart. Since the tours gather in Insignia before they leave, this is convenient if you are on a tour. If you are going ashore on your own, it is less so. You need to make a special stop in the lounge, and they stop selling stuff after the tours leave. We found that this was the only time/place that powerade was for sale on board.

They did not have water in your cabin for purchase? That is surprising

We were in 6091 (aft) this is a B-1 with no refrigerator, although we did request one but never got it, and yes we did buy water in the cabin but it was warm. On all other trips we've taken there was always iced down water to take off the ship. Trying to keep extra's to a minimum, I didn't take a sports bottle from home. It was a small inconvenience, but somewhat annoying. Live and learn.

We were in 6091 (aft) this is a B-1 with no refrigerator, although we did request one but never got it, and yes we did buy water in the cabin but it was warm. On all other trips we've taken there was always iced down water to take off the ship. Trying to keep extra's to a minimum, I didn't take a sports bottle from home. It was a small inconvenience, but somewhat annoying. Live and learn.

We just put the water bottle in the ice bucket at night, we never have a fridge either.

There was water available at the gang plank in a big trolley full of Ice.

You could ask at the bars or dining rooms for a cold bottle of water for purchase.

We have also bought some extra bottles of water ashore for the next port of call not a big deal to us.

The water looked ice cold, but we didn't purchase any so can't say. We took a sports bottle on our trip, but now I'm revising my packing list down and will not bring one again. In a standard ocean view cabin, we were provided two 1/2 liter bottles of water gratis and a 1 liter for sale on embarkation. We used the 1/2 liter bottle when going ashore. We also include a thin piece of printed cotton that works as a picnic tablecloth or a beach blanket depending on our need in our luggage. Much less bulky than beach towels in our bag when we go ashore.

Archived