When to book a Christmas Cruise?

Bouff

As my wife and I are now 'orphans' I fancy the idea of getting away on a cruise for the Christmas Holidays.

I notice there is another thread on this topic which suggests that the ships will have more children on board. That is understandable.

Our line of preference is HAL and they have a western Caribbean 10 day itinerary on the Maasdam departing 18th December 2009.

My question is how early should we book?

it is never too early to book. Ships fill up for Christmas cruises because the kids are out of school. By booking early, you get a better choice of cabins. If prices go down before your final payment is due, you should be able to get the lower fare. If they go up, you are safe and not hit with the increase.

Bouff, DH and I are also "orphans" and have been doing HAL holiday cruises for the past several years. We love the Prinsendam for MANY reasons (one of which is very few children on board) and will be sailing her again this year. We book at least a year in advance in order to get the specific cabin we prefer and we're already also booked on her for the Dec. '09 holiday sailing. She's really in a class by herself and has a very festive atmosphere for the holidays, plus always a great itinerary at that time of year.

Archived