Thursday Weigh-in 7/24/08

WeirdEyes

Good morning Sheila - glad that Belle is taking some time off.

I am down 1/2# this morning ... I am still up a lot from my lowest and have 3 more weeks before the cruise. I would really like to see 2# per week ... but as long as it keeps going down I will be happy. Jan

I stayed the same this week. I'm glad I have a vacation (and a break from dieting) starting tomorrow, because I am getting really discouraged. :( I've been really good all week -- only 3 glasses of wine, eating only 3 times per day, 4 hours of cardio, daily sit-ups, and 3 hours of Wii Fit!

So how did I not lose any weight?! :confused: Actually, according to the Wii Fit, I've lost 1.3 pounds, but there was no change at all on the regular scale. I did manage to lose a quarter inch from my waist, but I gained a quarter inch in each thigh.

I thought this was going to be an easy goal back when I started with 9 pounds to lose in 12 weeks. But now, assuming I gain one pound on this vacation (Since I'll be eating out almost every night, I'll probably gain a lot more than that.), I will have 8.6 pounds to lose and just 6.5 weeks until I leave for my cruise.

Maybe I'll just choose to believe the Wii Fit instead! :p Oh well. Worst case scenario is I pack my tankinis instead of my bikinis for the cruise. Not the end of the world, I guess.

Found this thread today. I have almost a year to lose. I started on my own in april and am already down 18.5#:) . Just started excercising yesterday. What is Wii Fit? I looked on line but found the description hard to understand. Happy dieting!!!

We went to S CA last week and enjoyed the food (4# extra in 5 days). My DH is on liquids this week for medical reasons, and I have enjoyed smoothies (fruit, milk, and ice) since Monday. So I lost 3 of the 4 # so far.

I am at the upper limit of my goal weight by my scale, but the WW scale is about a pound higher, so I would like to lose 2 more pounds by next Wed.

Found this thread today. I have almost a year to lose. I started on my own in april and am already down 18.5#:) . Just started excercising yesterday. What is Wii Fit? I looked on line but found the description hard to understand. Happy dieting!!!

It's a fitness game for the Nintendo Wii. There's a balance board that you stand on to play the games. There are also strength exercises that are done on the board and various aerobic exercises. It also has a built-in scale and charts your weight, BMI, activity level, and weight-loss goal. It is a really fun (and addictive!) way to burn a few extra calories.

I blame it on my birthday last Saturday...I'm up a pound from last week. :eek: However, I indulged only on Saturday and Sunday and have been good the rest of the week, including getting back on track with my exercise. The good news is that I really gained 2 pounds and have gotten at least one of those pounds back off. Because I got back to my pre-cruise weight within a week post-cruise, and I'm working on a lifestyle change for my health, I'm not beating myself up over the gain. I recognize that there will be fluctuations in weight as there are sometimes occasions worth splurging a little on in order to celebrate. As long as I can still get back with the program, then I feel I'm doing good.

I hope the rest of you find whatever motivates you to keep going when you step on the scale. But the scale doesn't always tell the story. Perkyblue is seeing results that the scale doesn't report, so keep that in mind. If you're replacing fat with muscle, the scale may not show a difference but your body sure will!! So, keep up the great work all!

Hello fellow losers. I am certainly back on track this week. I lost 5.4 pounds, for a total of 55.8 pounds since February. I am 16 1/2 weeks from my cruise, and only 13 pounds from my cruise goal. I have moved it now to 25 pounds, but as long as I hit that 13 pounds, I will be happy!

I am not weighing in today! Just got back from my cruise (Baltimore/Bermuda/Majesty) on Saturday and I don't want to be discouraged! So I'll get weighed again next week. Good luck to everyone else. Have a super week!

Glad to hear you made it on a cruise. I hope you had a good time.

Welcome! :D

Darci ~ I start my vacation tomorrow also for two weeks. I hope we can at least maintain!

It sounds as if the Losers have had their ups and downs this week. For the losers, great job! For the gainers, I'm sure you'll do better next week. ;)

Cheers!

Sheila

Down 0.2 lbs which is a tall glass of water, but I will take it!

I worried about gaining back the 1 lb I lost on the cruise due to post-cruise blahs. Now we've agreed on our next cruise (Jan); my goal is 10 lbs by then.

Well I stayed the same, but since it was my birthday on Wednesday my DH took me out to lunch, and then I went out to dinner with the whole family, so I think I did good. Now next week I want a loss!!!! Pam

Well weights about the same..but as of today i bought a new pair of size 38 pants...i was wearing size 60 3 years ago...so im thrilled baby!

good for you ! I have about 40 to go before I fit into those jeans hiding in my closet that fit me 10 years ago :p .

have a good week all :) !

Archived