Will HAL allow 4 in a room for 3 (2 are young kids)

hoophome

My wife and I have a verandah for 3 on the upcoming Eurodam 3 day over Labor day weekend. YAY!! However, we have 7 yr old twins...and as anyone with kids can understand we just can't fathom bringing one and not the other. So we were wondering, if we are willing to pay the extra person fee, will Holland allow us to bring both kids? They would share the sofa bed which we understand is designed for 1 adult, but our two kids would do fine in it for 3 nights. We also understand it may make the room somewhat crowded, but so long as WE are willing to accept this will HAL allow it? My thinking is they may be open to it since they are getting the extra $ for the 3rd and 4th person they wouldn't otherwise get. Has anyone had any experience working with HAL on a similar situation?

We understand very well that there may be some of you who just encourage us to enjoy a romantic weekend without the kids, or that the room may be more crowded then we realize even if 2 are young kids, or the concerns over adding 2 more kids in light of Rev Neal's recent experiences onboard Eurodam...this is purely something we are thinking about and wondering if it's something HAL would work with us on if we decide to pursue it.

If your specific cabin is designed to accommadate four then they will surely allow you to be four in that cabin. Usually it is the sofa bed and 1 upper berth. (Increases on board revenue ya' know.) If your cabin was Not designed as a quad, They may allow a rollaway. NCL does this I do not know if HAL does. So call them up and ask, or check the deck plans to see if your cabin has quad capabilty.

Mary

HAL may allow a rollaway in a triple cabin, to increase it to accommodate four. Then again, maybe not. Coast Guard regulations have a "cap" on the # of occupied berths on any sailing and so HAL may not be able to do it even if they wish to.

You may need to move to what's called a "natural quad", which is a cabin containing four berths.

I'd get with HAL as soon as possible since the 3-night is heavily sold at this point .... I agree with Mary: you won't know till you ask.

Good luck.

No - HAL will not put 4 persons in a stateroom that is designated for fewer than 4 persons.

Not only is it an issue that they don't have rollaways or lifejackets (this isn't a hotel) but the reservation/shipboard billing/passenger tracking system can't accommodate extra persons.

And it may not be a rollaway or sofa bed question per se, as it is have the number of Coast Guard allowed berths have been utilized. In many cases, people have wanted to add an additional person to their cabin but have been denied because the maximum number of souls (passengers) have already been allowed to book.

Archived