Marriott Marble Arch Hotel

Is this hotel close to the HOHO bus and regular bus line? I am looking at a London map and a HOHO map but can't figure out how close we will be. We are looking for a hotel for 2 nights for 3 adults. One adult has a wheelchair and walker so we need a large room for the 3 of us. We are trying to keep the price under $300.00 a night. Hotels without elevators are out of the question. IF anyone knows info about this hotel or others please send it. Thanks

Depending on your interests, I would recommend a more convenient central location, close to everything, where you can come and go during the day.

Royal Trafalgar Hotel is next to the National Gallery, close to Leicester and Trafalgar Squares, Covent Garden and Regent Street (major shopping street).

Thistle Piccadilly is also in an excellent location nearby.

Both have summer specials for 59 pounds pppn.

You can walk out of both to bus stops, from which you can tour London inexpensively on public transport. There is also a HOHO bus stop in front of the National Gallery.

The chain also has other hotels in central London.

http://www.thistle.com/hotels/trafalgar/

Is this hotel close to the HOHO bus and regular bus line? I am looking at a London map and a HOHO map but can't figure out how close we will be. We are looking for a hotel for 2 nights for 3 adults. One adult has a wheelchair and walker so we need a large room for the 3 of us. We are trying to keep the price under $300.00 a night. Hotels without elevators are out of the question. IF anyone knows info about this hotel or others please send it. Thanks

I have stayed at the Marble Arch a few times. It is right off Edgeware Road about 2 or 3 blocks to the entrance to Hyde Park. Regular bus service is extremely close. I'm sure I have seen bus traffic on Edgeware - a local can tell you for sure. I have no idea about the nearest HOHO stop. It could be by the park?

I think the Marriott Marble Arch represents a good value in London (among Marriotts) based on price, location, service, and comfort. See about getting access to the concierge lounge. The lounge staff is great and the access to complementary breakfast, snacks, and drinks can save you lots of money - especially in London.

Disclaimer - I am somewhat biased in that I stay almost exclusively in Marriott properties for buiness and pleasure travel.

There is another thread going about whether or not a disabled person can use the HOHO bus in London. I will give you fair warning that London is an old city and many places are very far from being accessible. Also it is often difficult to find a toilet that doesn't require managing stairs.

You have to plan everything!

l got this hotel on priceline last year for $127 which was a good rate.

However food and drinks in the hotel very expensive so did not eat in the hotel. Very nice hotel.

The doorman directed us to a small restaurant for breakfast which was under 5 pounds. Lots of restaurants nearby in Edgeware Rd.

The room had 2 double beds.

Taxi from Paddington Station was 4 or 5 pounds.

The HO HO bus can be picked up in Oxford St. Do not think it is wheelchair accessible though

As others have said the Marriott Marble Arch is about a 5 minute walk from the Marble Arch HOHO stops and about 2-3 minutes from the public bus stops.

Some North Americans don't like the neighbourhood the hotel is in (the Arab Quarter of London)

Confusingly there is another Marriott at Marble Arch itself that is called Marriott Park Lane.

As others have said the Marriott Marble Arch is about a 5 minute walk from the Marble Arch HOHO stops and about 2-3 minutes from the public bus stops.

Some North Americans don't like the neighbourhood the hotel is in (the Arab Quarter of London)

Confusingly there is another Marriott at Marble Arch itself that is called Marriott Park Lane.

I make a special trip there for the delicious food and unique atmosphere.

• 1 year later...

We stayed at the Marriott Park Lane in 2005 and it was great. We have also stayed at the Marriott Grosvenor's House last November. Which like the Marble Arch is very confusing because there are two of these properties. One on Park Lane overlooking Hyde Park and another somewhere a bit further in towards SoHo. I only know this because our cab driver took us to the wrong one. The Marriotts were both extremely proper and nice. Not cheap. Fortunately, I had saved 70,000 -80,000 points for them to make them free for our two night stays.

I would not let the Arab corner thing bother you. I know that the HoHo bus had a stop right on Park Lane very close to the Marriott Park Lane.

jc

Archived