Daily Exercise Thread

One hour of HARD "boot camp" training with the trainer. We are meeting at the park at 6 am 5 days per week. I have muscles in my body I never knew existed. Some nights I can't even roll over and bed and today when I crouched down I could have stayed there for an hour. I find my body changes much more rapidly training this way with the "natural elements" and using my own body weight as resistance, more so than when I worked out with him in the gym.

I'm just popping in this thread for the first time. I've been doing 30 mins. on the treadmill for about 4 weeks now without missing a day!!:eek: I was in an 8 week weight loss contest at work and I came in second place. The contest is over now, but I want to keep up my good work!!! That is why I am on here because I am afraid I will stop exercizing. I also do weights about 3 times per week, and other things like some of my kick boxing moves when I took class.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lynn, I'm posting my exercise on the other thread.

To answer your question. I don't know that either is better. Unless your 2mi is a lot different from 30 min. For me my 2mi is about 34 min so I would do the whole 2mi.

When I walk I usually do 2.5mi. I go by miles because when I walk outside I know how far I've gone. To the bridge & back is 2.5. That way I don't have to watch the time.

Kelly

Hi Lynn, I'm posting my exercise on the other thread.

To answer your question. I don't know that either is better. Unless your 2mi is a lot different from 30 min. For me my 2mi is about 34 min so I would do the whole 2mi.

When I walk I usually do 2.5mi. I go by miles because when I walk outside I know how far I've gone. To the bridge & back is 2.5. That way I don't have to watch the time.

Kelly

Thanks Kelly. That's about what it is for me, too. I also can walk more outside. In the spring and summer, I can do 4 miles easily, maybe more. I just can't stand cold weather. Plus now it gets dark so early and I live where there are no street lights (and like in the woods). I think I will join the gym in Jan.(I have a free month that I won) and then go in Feb. and Mar. and then maybe I can start walking outside. I have a friend that I sometimes walk with and she is a health and exercise nut. She used to be a cross country coach. She can motivate me!!

I know what you mean about the dark. I walk or run at 6am. I have not been outside since about mid October. I live in an area that is woods on one side and a corn field on the other. So no street lights here either.

I miss being outside but I am glad that I have the treadmill and don't mind it. It really helps me to just get up put on some clothes and go.

Kelly

Archived