Daily Exercise Thread

I found a really interesting new toy at the gym this week. It is called an Accu Hoop. Basically, it is a five pound hula hoop.

The directions say that if you use it twice a day for ten minutes each session, you will lose two inchec off your waist in a month. Heck its worth a try.

Unfortunately ten minutes is a long, long time to use this hoop. I have done two three-minute sessions for each of the past two days and I can really feel it. It will probably take me a month to work up to 10 minutes sessions.

It was also really interesting how much easier it was to use the hoop going counter clockwise than it was going clockwise. I am going to practice going both directions and see how it goes.

Something new, different, and kind of fun. I jumped on line and bought one for my house and one for my office. :D

I've not been very regular posting on this thread, but I do read it. Does that count??? ;) Actually I have been keeping my exercise pretty regular, except for this week. With one thing after another, I've not been to the gym since Monday. I have done my cardio 4 days this week. My daughter and I donated blood this morning (a first for her), so exercise is off limits for today. I will try to hit the gym tomorrow and be back on my bike afterward.

I have found that Odoyal's suggestion about the low-intensity cardio has helped me tremendously. I been varying the intensity this past week and have been able to add to my time without much extra effort. Last night I rode for 80 minutes and went 20 miles.

Odoyal, I'm sorry that you're going through a tough time right now. It sounds like you still have a sense of humor though. The fact that you're still checking in here is a good sign and hopefully you'll be back on board soon. I wish you well.

Barbie

I did not exercise this morning because I had to have fasting blood work done. A friend told me you should not exercise before because it can mess up your numbers. The dr's office has never said this. So when I went to the lab I asked the woman that did the blood draw. She said she does not know why but exercise can mess up your lipid numbers. I wonder why they don't tell you that?

I did just come in from raking leaves, mulching them with the leaf blower and putting them over my garden beds. I don't even have enough energy left to walk the dog!

kelly

I did not exercise this morning because I had to have fasting blood work done. A friend told me you should not exercise before because it can mess up your numbers. The dr's office has never said this. So when I went to the lab I asked the woman that did the blood draw. She said she does not know why but exercise can mess up your lipid numbers. I wonder why they don't tell you that?

I did just come in from raking leaves, mulching them with the leaf blower and putting them over my garden beds. I don't even have enough energy left to walk the dog!

kelly

Thanks Kelly. I never heard that about lipid levels and exercise before. I will sure keep that in mind for my next blood draw as I try to exercise early every morning, but will skip it next time on blood draw day!

This morning I walked two miles, then did my 20 minutes Body Flex routine. Tonight DH and I will walk another 2 miles.

Finally had my dr appointment today. Got my knees, foot, and back xrayed, waiting for the results. I anticipate having a bunion and needing surgery which will set me back about 6-8 weeks..the knees im pretty sure are arthritis..but i wanted to make sure nothing was damaged, if nothings damaged ill still be able to work out.

The back tho is a mess, i couldnt sleep all weekend it hurt so bad, he gave me some flexerol and some darvocet and wants me to go to physical therapy. If the xray comes back neg im going to ask for an MRI just to make sure its not a disc. If its not a disc or fracture..im just going to pop pills and deal with it I guess because PT is a waste of time to me.

Also got a follow up appointment in two weeks to run all my labwork, especially my Test/Estrogen/TSH etc...

Hopefully Ill have a definitive answer to it all by next week. I decided today was the last day i was going to eat like garbage and try to get back on my diet tomorrow. Im up to 257 with jeans on and keys/wallet/shoes on...so thats not too terribly bad considering everything.

I've been wondering how you've been Odoyal. I hope you find out what is wrong and can then start on the road to recovery. Don't discount pt, it might do some good and can't hurt to try it.

I'm glad you are going to climb back on the wagon! Sometimes we need to drag ourselves back on it. But whatever way we get on is ok. Reading and posting on these board is really helpful for me.

kelly

2 mile morning walk. Just getting ready to do 20 minute Body Flex routine. Then 2 more mile walk this evening.

Thinking about ordering one of those five pound hula hoops, but 10 minutes at a stretch for best results seems so long! (I don't know if I am coordinated enough! :o )

Marguerite

I talked to my fitness rep yesterday at my old gym. She waved octobers fee and let me come back asap.

SO today i walked in there and did my workout thing. I decided to do chest and all my lifts were waaay down. I expect itll take a few months to get back to where I was, plus i had to take it real slow because my back still hurts.

I then got on the treadmill and put in 30 minutes. I know i could have went farther but once again I stopped and told myself theirs always later. Trying not to kill myself this time. SO today was the first step for me.

Archived