Daily Exercise Thread

Man, Darci, you are going to town on that elliptical!!! I get worn out just reading about how hard and long you work out on it.

Lisa, you and your push-ups have me chuckling. I feel the exact same way.

Although I've been too busy to post, I have been working out. I hit the gym for an hour last night to work with the weight machines and then got on my exercise bike at home for a 50 minute ride. I stretch out afterward when my muscles are all warmed up. I'm not burning calories like Darci is, but I am definitely raising my heartrate and sweating.

Barbie

Darci, I don't want you to think I'm crazy (though I have been told that before!) I am wondering about how much you are working out and how much food you are eating. Have you done a calorie check. You seem to be eating very little for the amount of exercise you are doing. I know for me I would not be able to survive on so little in a day especially doing so much exercise.

And before anyone jumps all over me I know it is not just about calories. A good balance of fruits, vegetables, fiber, protein... getting all the necessary vitamins, minerals.

ok that was my mom moment,

kelly

Darci, I don't want you to think I'm crazy (though I have been told that before!) I am wondering about how much you are working out and how much food you are eating. Have you done a calorie check. You seem to be eating very little for the amount of exercise you are doing. I know for me I would not be able to survive on so little in a day especially doing so much exercise.

And before anyone jumps all over me I know it is not just about calories. A good balance of fruits, vegetables, fiber, protein... getting all the necessary vitamins, minerals.

ok that was my mom moment,

kelly

I swear i was going to post the same thing..but didnt want to critique anyone elses game plan.

Aaarrrggghhh!!

Ok, I was doing my walk (inside by dvd) tonight. Then I got an important phone call. Then I had to take care of my toddler. Now, it's too late. So, all I got was a half a mile in. Tomorrow is another day and I will work harder tomorrow to make up for today.

Stacy

Since my last post, I've been back to the gym once and have ridden my exercise bike twice. I usually don't itemize out what I work on at the gym, but I basically work just about the whole body. There are 16 different weight machines that I make a circuit on. I figure hitting all of them will tone just about every muscle group there is. Okay, I could do more for my abs, but I'm not looking to get a wash-board stomach. It usually takes me an hour, sometimes a little longer, to do the whole circuit. I have been really thrilled that I could up the weight level comfortably (can you really use that word in conjunction with weights??) in my last workout. Although the muscle definition is maybe visible only to me, I must be getting stronger if I can do that. I've only been at it for about 5 weeks now.

Well, I made up today for not doing any exercise yesterday. I went to the gym with my daughter and found out my lower back is sore for some strange reason. I think when I was sweeping the stairs earlier today I must have done something to it. I know it wasn't hurting when I got out of bed this morning. Still, the workout at the gym wasn't too much of a problem. Then I rode my bike for 40 minutes after I got home from the gym. Then after eating a mammoth piece of watermelon, I mowed the front yard and a small portion of the back. I think I must have sweated off the whole watermelon! :eek: Now, if I lay around and do nothing but read and watch tv this evening, I won't feel guilty about it.

Archived