Daily Exercise Thread

I did 55 minutes on the exercise bike last night. If Fay doesn't knock our power out or flood our streets (she is starting to whip up around us), my daughter and I will be going to the gym shortly. Fortunately we have keys to get in even when there is no one there on staff. Then I will come home and jump back on my bike. Because of the storm, I didn't have to go to work today! :D

On Wednesday I did some free weights, lunges, crunches, etc.

Last night I did workout #5 for my 5K Prep. My knee was hurting a bit though - I stretched my ACL last February, but I don't know if it's related. I think I might start wrapping it when I workout for some support. :cool:

Yesterday I spent 20 minutes doing Wii Fit -- Including the "Island Run" (jogging in place non-stop for 8 minutes), which I did twice, and 20 jackknives.

I actually work more on the weekends than I do during the week, so I don't exercise much on weekends. (I'm an ice skating coach, so I have to work around the kids' school schedules.)

I did end up making the the gym on Thursday inspite of the storm, and then I went again yesterday. I've also been on my bike every day since Tuesday. I've spent at least 50 minutes, usually 60 minutes, pedaling away. Today I take measurements again. I'm doing it every other week, and this will be my third time since starting at the gym.

Barbie

Man they woosified my gym...turned in my 30 day notice, all the equipment is girlish and new, gone is all the good hardcore stuff.

Did flat bench, incline work, triceps and biceps lot of calf work, finally getting a split and veins on my calves...

Back workout today...felt really good went through it quickly short rests.

Did some pull ups to stretch./warm up and tehn went right to one arm rows with dumbells

10x100 warm up 12x120 then 16x130 the gym only goes up to 130lbs dumbells so worked with what i had

hammer strength hi rows - burned out up to 4 plates each side

low rows same thing

cable rows same thing...worked on trying to get a nice pump rather than getting heavy weight moving

normally i do deadlifts but due to the recent back pain i decided it wasnt worth it today...maybe next week or this weekend.

no cardio...have to force myself to do this tomorrow

I spent an hour at the gym last night and then came home and rode my bike for 55 minutes. This afternoon I spent some time mowing my backyard, and if you could see it, you'd understand this is indeed exercise! The weeds, I mean grass, are long past needing to be mowed, and with all the rain from Fay the ground is still soggy. Plus, our lawn mower is older and not self-propelled. So, it is definitely exercise. If I can bring myself to do so, I'll get on the bike this evening; it will ensure that I get at least a little reading time in. ;)

shoulder day

did some dumbell presses, lateral raises, upright rows, shrugs, then a lot of calf work..really trying to get my calves bigger and more defined.

prolly do some cardio tonight...really been slacking on cardio but my weight is plummeting..i guess im finally through this plateau.

I spent about 35 minutes on the Wii Fit, plus my 20 daily sit-ups (which I forgot yesterday -- Oops! :rolleyes: ).

I wanted to get on the elliptical, but we're having work done in the house, so I had to wait around all day wondering when the guy would show up. Didn't want to get all sweaty and then have to wait around a few hours for him to finish working before I could go take a shower! :eek:

Great thread! Just found it today (my life has been crazy lately!) and scanned some of the posts.

I have a daily goal of 45 min of exercise per day with 1 rest day per week. I do a variety of exercise tapes (mostly Tony Horton's) and also have an exercise bike and treadmill at home.

Yesterday's results were low due to having too many interruptions but I did manage to do a total of 20 min of total body workouts using resitance bands.

Today's intentions:

abs/cardio/upper body with a daily total of 60 min.

Lynn

Archived