Daily Exercise Thread

I only did 35 minutes on the bike last night and it was a struggle to keep it up that long. Some days I can go longer at a higher mph without too much trouble, but not last night. Today I went to the gym for an hour and will get on the bike in a little while. I'm hoping that I have better endurance tonight.

Welcome, Lynn!

Barbie

Sleep.

Yes I slept in. I shut the alarm clock off and rolled over.

Actually I was not feeling well and did not want to run and be sick. I am thinking it is just the busyness of time right now. DD is packing to leave for college tomorrow morning and there is last minute stuff to do. Come Monday all will be well again and I will be back out running/walking!

Hope you all have a good weekend

kelly

Hello All~

I read the whole thread and you guys are awesome! :)

I decided to ramp up my physical fitness (non) routine. I have always done something, but I get bored easily and quit. I usually switch to another routine but a year ago I just stopped and all I've been doing is a 40 minute dog walk daily. I try to keep it brisk, but dogs have to sniff and potty....

So, Monday I started doing my Nordic Track for 25 minutes followed by 8 minutes of sit ups and 20 push ups and then walk the dogs for 40 minutes. My mood is definitely improving and already my body feels stronger.

I am so glad that I found this thread and I hope you have room for 1 more.

Lisa

OMG I need soooo much help with motivation for exercises. I cant stand to exercise. Just dont like it. That is one reason why I am overweight. As much as I cant stand exercises, I can no longer stand being overweight. It seems that out of each week, I will do one or two days worth of exercises lately. That's not enough and I know it. I have been hugely depressed lately. Trying to pull myself out of it. This week I have done exercises on 3 different days (including today). My goal is to start exercising at least 4 days and then move up to 6. Today I did 30 minutes of a dvd (Leslie Sansone Walk at home 3 mile weight loss walk). It was the equivalent of 2 miles and had some strengh training in there too. I also did 300 stomach crunches.

Can all of you help keep me on track? Stacy

Congratulations Stacy on wanting to be healthier!! You don't ever have to like exercise you just have to do it. For some they find something that they like. Me I loved my treadmill for a few years. This past spring I started walking outside again. Then I started running. Who thought at 48 I'd decide to try that?! And I do like pilates (have a Denise Austin dvd.) I always feel better when I am doing that a couple of times a week. But even though I like it and feel better I stopped a couple of months ago. Now I am starting again. So get up and do what you can, everyday is a new day to start over!

Oh most days when my alarm goes off I still want to stay in bed. But I always feel good when I come back and post my walk/run!

kelly

OMG I need soooo much help with motivation for exercises. I cant stand to exercise. Just dont like it. That is one reason why I am overweight. As much as I cant stand exercises, I can no longer stand being overweight. It seems that out of each week, I will do one or two days worth of exercises lately. That's not enough and I know it. I have been hugely depressed lately. Trying to pull myself out of it. This week I have done exercises on 3 different days (including today). My goal is to start exercising at least 4 days and then move up to 6. Today I did 30 minutes of a dvd (Leslie Sansone Walk at home 3 mile weight loss walk). It was the equivalent of 2 miles and had some strengh training in there too. I also did 300 stomach crunches.

Can all of you help keep me on track? Stacy

It's great to see you make this change in your life. In time if you stick with it, exercise becomes habit , and all of a sudden its not a chore anymore, and when you get thinner and look better and see all that hard work paying off, you want to do it more and more to look better and better.

I would urge you to make sure when you exercise to do something you kind of enjoy. Forcing yourself to exercise just for the sake of exercise can lead to quick burnout and quitting. Your best bet is to look through dvd's and find something you like throw on your ipod and zone out.

I remember the first time i got on an eliptical, i lasted 5 minutes and 40 seconds and was about to puke. It was pathetic heh.

SOme major major crap went down at work last nite and i had to run from one end of the hospital tothe other trying to get some help. Ive got horrible knees from years of being overweight so running sucks for me. Woke up this morning and yep...the old knees were throbbing.

So went to gym and hit the eliptical for 45 minutes, then rode a bike for 45 more, did some arm exercises and called it a day. I wanted to do a trifecta and hit 45 minutes of treadmill...but oh well, maybe tonight.

3mi run/walk, 20 min upper body weights

Today was a strange one, kept hearing gun shots. Got home to see that it is the first day of WI morning dove hunt! Now I am wondering, all that for those little birds? I am wondering if it is not some other hunting season too. I better check on that! And wear orange!

hope you all have a great day!

kelly

Yesterday:

(took it easy because of a bad night's sleep due to 2 glasses of red wine too late in the evening)

22 minutes on NordicTrack ski machine

160 sit ups

30 push ups

walked dogs 20 minutes

Today:

30 minutes on Nordic Track ski machine

240 sit ups

20 leg raises for lower abs

30 push ups (hate them more every day...)

walked dogs 35 minutes

This is only my second week of *kicking* up my physical activity from just long walks. I am feeling much happier with less anxiety.

*I discovered that by eating a protein bar or a handful of raw mixed nuts really improves my endurance on the Nordic Track, also I am not starving to death 30 minutes after exercising.:)

Today:

30 minutes on Nordic Track ski machine

240 sit ups

20 leg raises for lower abs

30 push ups (hate them more every day...)

walked dogs 35 minutes

Try breaking them into sets of 10 x 3 with something else in between. It seems to make them more tolerable.

Lynn

Try breaking them into sets of 10 x 3 with something else in between. It seems to make them more tolerable.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn, that's what I do, 3 sets of 10. Usually what I do between sets is think about how much I hate push ups.:D

What are some things to do between sets?

Thanks again.

Lisa

What are some things to do between sets?

Thanks again.

Lisa

You could do some shoulder rolls or stretching for 30 seconds or you could do a set of something else like leg lifts or whatever. I do shoulder rolls myself and it seems to work pretty well.

Lynn

Archived