Daily Exercise Thread

screw it all darn it...i hardly exercised in 4 or 5 days, and ate pretty crappily..put on about 12-16 pounds...feel like a bloated corpse...none of my clothes fit right..and we leave on vacation on wednesday...ill never get this weight back off in time to enjoy this vacation and will probably be pissed the whole time...its not like i was eating a ton..i mean i was but not like whole pizzas and stuff....just carbs kill me and thats all i ate...

going to run extra tonight...extra tomorrow and eat 0 carbs hopefully can get off at least 5 lbs of water before i leave.

It was 43F outside today! And it is staying darker. I might have to adjust my schedule soon. And will definately have to come in during deer hunting season. I live in an area where there are usually a few extra hunts besides the regular season. I did see 4 deer today, 2 big and 2 fawns, those little ones are so cute!

Did my 2.5mi walk then 20 min pilates.

Odoyal I hope you have a nice vacation! Try not to beat yourself up to much over the added lbs. Just get back to what you know you need to do. It's when we don't get back up that we fail.

kelly

35 min bowflex abs, back, and arms

40 min treadmill high incline.

spent the rest of the afternoon floating around in the pool.

Leigh

P.S. Odoyal Have a wonderful trip...

If i can come back from a cruise and not have gained any weight.

And trust me while i really watched what i eat I was pretty bad in the

adult Bev area. Every sea day was spent on the lidio with margaritas.:)

you will come back having lost weight.

3mi run/walk (some sprints) 20 min weights

kelly

Hi Kelly....My weight loss has flat-lined again and I've been doing the math and realizing that I'm not likely to meet my goal by March. I average about 1 lb. a week, with the plateaus factored in...actually, now less than a pound. What I wondered is, when did you start exercising...from the very beginning? or after a while into the eating changes were established? I've completed 14 weeks and have been fluctuating from 11 lbs. to 13 lbs. off. I don't exercise...nothing to speak of yet. Just started treadmilling. Did you notice an increase in steady weight loss after incorporating some exercise?

Anyone else out there with input? I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for some motivation.

Salsa, I have been a walker off & on forever! The portion control was definately later.

I really think that if you start to walk daily you will start to see a difference. Besides weight loss it is good for your heart health and that is the goal to be healthy!

The treadmill can be boring but put on some music and go! I see your in MI (I'm in NE WI but grew up in the UP,) so I know you will have winter soon, (ok hopefully not to soon but probably sooner than we want!) The treadmill can be your best friend. I will be back on mine soon. Mornings are getting dark, hunting season will start and after that it will be icy roads if I go out later.

Why don't you start posting your exercise. It feels good when you can say hey I did it today!!

kelly

Salsa, I have been a walker off & on forever! The portion control was definately later.

I really think that if you start to walk daily you will start to see a difference. Besides weight loss it is good for your heart health and that is the goal to be healthy!

The treadmill can be boring but put on some music and go! I see your in MI (I'm in NE WI but grew up in the UP,) so I know you will have winter soon, (ok hopefully not to soon but probably sooner than we want!) The treadmill can be your best friend. I will be back on mine soon. Mornings are getting dark, hunting season will start and after that it will be icy roads if I go out later.

Why don't you start posting your exercise. It feels good when you can say hey I did it today!!

kelly

Salsa Dancer,

This thread helps me immensely.

I am not trying to lose weight, just wanted to firm up again. I started exercising 2-1/2 weeks ago and this thread keeps me accountable. When I am feeling sore or tired I come here and see what people have been doing and I want to add my activity to the list. However, starting this week I will be exercising every other day, I did 5 days a week for 2 weeks to jump start, now it will be every other day.

Good luck!:)

kelly

Thanks for the advice, Kelly. I may just start posting. I'm trying to increase my "activity" level as well as find motivation to exercise. Today I'm deep cleaning my house and might be starting a total "fall" cleaning soon. Cleaning burns a lot of calories and makes me feel good when it is done.

What you said is exactly right....I usually walk inside because of safety issues (narrow roads without much shoulder) on our street. The private road I live on would be fine but it's only 1/4 mile long and really boring. I worry about being a lady alone on the road when most of the people on our street are at work. There was an act of violence against a jogger (rape) just 2 miles from here. Not the norm at all, but it just happened a week or two ago. Treadmilling is what I prefer unless I have a buddy to walk with. The icy roads are the other issue for the winter, like you said, and then the hunters. :eek:

So being from the UP, you know what a "pasty" is for sure. :) My dad was born in Eckerman near St. Saint Marie.

KLCT39LG....I like your suggestion about the jump start for 5 days and then cutting back. I have foot and knee issues...knee is better but it flares up if I stand for too long and the foot seems to be my biggest issue lately. I know that exercise will help both problems in the long haul...just taking excess pressure off the joints and bones, but in the meantime, I've got some discomfort to work through so I try to use good judgment in what I do.

Thanks for the encouragement, you guys. I admire all of you for your discipline in working out. I'm not there yet, but hope to be into some form of simple routine with walking and 5 lb. weights.

Hi Salsa, It does sound like the treadmill will be good for you. Scarey that an attack was so close. Most of my outdoor walk is where there aren't any houses. And there have been times I've been creeped out. But it is so beautiful out. Most mornings there are others out walking or running so it feels safer. But I like to exercise in the morning and it will be to dark soon so back to the treadmill.

I love pasties! And if I don't make them huge they are portion controlled.

kelly

Today was my first day back on the treadmill. It is to dark to go out at 6 and I don't want to go out later. That would just mess with my day.

Since I was making the change I thought I'd change my routine a little to. So I did a 5min warm up walk, run for 5min, walk for 2min, some weights, walk for 2min, run for 5 min...... I did that for 50 min. 3.5 mi. By the end I was ready to be done!

kelly

I haven't posted my results for a few days. It's been crazy around here lately but I have been getting in my exercise best I can. I have to go and look at my exercise log to see what exactly I've done.

Kelly - I started back on the treadmill last week as well. I do a lot of strength and stretching exercises but haven't walked/jogged all summer. Boy were my legs sore! Definitely uses muscles in a different way than weights/aerobics does.

Lynn

40 min cardio and 30 min abs/total body.

I got a demo DVD of a new Chalene Johnson (TurboJam fame) extreme workout series that is coming out in October. Just the demo was a killer and I'm looking forward to adding this new series to my collection. I did it on Monday and my upper arms are still hurting!

Lynn

Archived