Daily Exercise Thread

Hello All~

Great to read you guys are still keepin' on.

I am still plugging along with my every other day workouts.

Odoyal,

Sorry to read you've had a set back, but do reconsider PT. Physical therapists, in my experience, are obsessed with muscle imbalances, body mechanics, and exercise -just the folks to help you.

One more here, i usually do 90 min of yoga and pilates then to brake it up i do 60 min on the treadmill. I couldn't do my yoga or pilates i went and got a flu shot, my arm is sore so i went outside to pull weeds, thats some kind of exersice don't u think. :p

Gloria

Morning all!

Okay, here is todays run down of activity....this morning 30 minute warm up on stationary bike and 1 hour session with trainer (weights, dead lifts, squats and other painful activities :rolleyes:). Tonight, 1/2 hour spinning class and 1 hour stability ball class (core, abs, butt etc....). Tomorrow (Friday) is supposed to be my "day off" but I think I might go in and do some cardio since my cruise and bikini wearing is 2 weeks away :eek: :eek:

Stay fit everyone :D !!!

Today was my usual 3mi run/walk with weights mixed in.

I have surprised myself this week. The last 1/4mi I run I was able to run at 7 on the treadmill. When I first started I ran at 4. Then 5, then 5.5 and stopped at 6. Right now I am only running 1/2 mi at a time then walking alittle then weights, then do it again. The 6 seems fast enough. But I've seen Jillian on Biggest Loser push people to run faster for a short time so I thought I'd try it.

When I look back to where I started I can't believe I can do it. So to all of you who think you can't do something, you won't do it if you don't try.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

kelly

No extra walks over the weekend here. The weather was not very nice and we are in a gun deer season, not a good time to be out walking with a dog that is the color of deer. For all the responsible hunters there are always a few who aren't.

Today I switched up my treadmill time. Still did 3mi. but did walk 1/4 run 1/4. The walking was at 3mph, running at 7mph. I walked the last 1/2 mi. Did a few new moves weights. Tried DD exersice ball.

Hope everyone has a nice Monday. We might get snow!!!

kelly

• 2 weeks later...

Cruisingly, glad to hear you are still exercising! I have not been posting mine either. As long as you do it that's all that matters.

Hope everyone will keep up the good habits. Especially now since we will be entering the holiday season and all the extra food that brings with it.

Kelly

• 2 weeks later...

I have really sucked this week. I havent done anything. Monday morning I woke up and noticed that part of my top lip was swollen and sore. It looks like something has bitten me, spider maybe? Anyway, I felt very uncomfortable going out in public with a big lip. So I stayed home and did nothing!

cruisingly, I hope you're feeling better. Did the swelling go down now?

Don't let an off week get you down. Next week get back to your routine. I never exercise when I am sick, some people push through it, I don't. Taking one week off is ok, it's when that week turns into 2, turns into.....and before you know it you're not exercising.

I'll be going on my cruise soon. I leave one week from today, sailing on the 30th! I am taking that week off. I will take the stairs, walk alot in port and around the ship but no official exercise. I like taking a break once in awhile.

Kelly

Hey Kelly, It is not as swollen today as it has been, but I have been putting neosporin on it too. My diabeties has been acting up on top of it. I will be back at it next week. Minus Thanksgiving Day. I am going to push myself the next few weeks b/c we leave on Dec 7 for a cruise. Like you, I will take the stairs and walk wherever I can. Thanks for the pep talk.

Stacy

Yesterday I spent 18 mins on my Wii Fit and I can barely walk today! My calves are killing me :eek: There's just over 4 months til I cruise the Dawn Princess and my goal is to drop about 10kg before I go! Tomorrow I plan to do about 20 to 30 mins on my cross trainer! Then i'll REALLY know about sore calves! :p

Archived