Final Payment

Pilgrim Pete

When in relation to sail date is final payment required by Princess. I was sure that with RCI it was only 60 / 70 days prior to sailing but I am being requested to pay the balance 100 days prior to our 2005 cruise to Hawaii. Any comments gratefully appreciated.

It should be listed in the cruise brochure or their online site. More important- what are the pricing trends?? Look at several online cruise discounters and see where the pricing is and request an adjustment if the rate is lower, can be a lot of action up to final payment- hold off until the last day and keep track of prices in the meantime.

Pete, I've seen it explained before but I know that sometimes, final payment is due 60 days, sometimes 90 days before your cruise. Holidays are usually 90 days, non-prime times are 60 days. It's possible that your TA added some time because you're in England. In any case, I've always had the final payment date printed right on the cruise confirmation from my TA.

When in relation to sail date is final payment required by Princess. I was sure that with RCI it was only 60 / 70 days prior to sailing but I am being requested to pay the balance 100 days prior to our 2005 cruise to Hawaii. Any comments gratefully appreciated.
Final payments are due 75 days before UNLESS it is a holiday sailing and then it is 90 days before. For the 2005 cruises we have booked it is the same.

Possibly your TA wants an earlier payment for their convenience.

It may be just that sailing. I'm booked on the Carnival Liberty. When booked I was told 71 days before sailing. But due to the popularity of the cruise, we are being required to make final payment 120 days in advance. They are trying to free up rooms sooner from people who are just holding them to wait see.

We just booked the Golden Princess for Feb 20 and had to make full payment. Maybe the 120 day rule is kicking in. We also didn't have a choice for dining. PC was the only option left. We asked to be put on a wait list for late dining and our TA told us we were 250th on the waiting list. I guess it's PC for us! Doesn't really matter...any dinner on vacation is better than one at home.

Archived