Question For You All

Luanne21

I am about to ask a question that I'll bet you have never received before.

Here goes: Do you know if the Infirmary on Carnival ships have a weight scale?

I am very determined to continue to loose weight, and that includes the two weeks we will be on a cruise in Dec.

I belong to an online weight program where every Friday I have to weight and report in.

Don't give me the speech about it's a cruise so don't worry about it. I plan to stick with what I am doing now, to not only feel better on the cruise, but to feel better afterwards.

Any info you can give me will help.

Thanks

Luanne

I think it is great that you are sticking to your weight loss even on vacation. I too many times have had the I am on vacation idea in my head and ate what I wanted and winded up blowing my whole diet cause I ate what I was missing and never went back to eating healthy agian!! Keep up the good work and good luck!

Yes, there should be one in the infirmary and there has always been one in the gym that I have noticed. It might be in the locker room.

Congrats on your weight loss. I had a year to lose weight before my September cruise, but I never really "got in the groove" and still have almost all of it that I started with. Dieting is so hard! Why can't there be a diet where I can drink as much alcohol as I want, have as much chocolate as I want, and eat as much popcorn as I want and still lose weight? Oh, and I would really rather prefer not to exercise too.

We were on the Miracle in March and there was a set of scales in the gym. I admire your determination. Have a great cruise!

You beat me to this answer. I looked at the scales in the gym when I was there in May, but didn't want to get bummed out after all the bacon I was having at breakfast and ice cream throughout the day. I was surprised to see that after all that, I only gained a pound. All that walking pays off.

Have a great cruise!

I appreciate all the good info, and especially all the encouragement.

I was wondering if I could stick with it on the cruise, but you know, things have changed as far as health is concerned, and more is provided than ever before, but...... I do not deny myself. Chocolate melting cake here I come.:) Again thank you for the encouragement.

And what's this thing you speak of that's called a gym? :) :)

I appreciate all the good info, and especially all the encouragement.

I was wondering if I could stick with it on the cruise, but you know, things have changed as far as health is concerned, and more is provided than ever before, but...... I do not deny myself. Chocolate melting cake here I come.:) Again thank you for the encouragement.

And what's this thing you speak of that's called a gym? :) :)

Luanne21,

The gym is actually the Spa . Located on Spa deck. Treadmills, all sorts of equipment. Also hot tub and showers. Good luck on your diet! ;) Just be like the little train....I think I can, I think I can, you'll make it.

Happy cruising! :D

Luv's Crusin'

Wow - lots of good info here. I never noticed the scales in the gym before - that's good to know. Weighing myself every day is what drives me to eat healthy and keep my 25 pounds off that I lost in '05.

And Luanne - good for you! Go for the 'spa' selections on the menu (they're yummy!) and take the stairs everywhere. DH and I only take the elevators if my feet hurt from heels, which is rarely. Let me tell you, that sucked on the Imagination when we were on the Riviera deck (Riviera to Lido - owee!) but I sure didn't gain any weight! I told DH I'd have calves of steel after our B2B2B and trotting up and down the stairs...:D Good luck!

Archived