? About Princess Balconies

seafood

I'm confused as to which balconies are either fully covered, partially covered or not covered on Princess ships, specifically the Island Princess and Star Princess. Also, are the balconies on the Caribe deck larger?

I am already booked on the Star Princess for Alaska next month on the Caribe deck so will have to take whatever I'm going to get :) . However, I'm trying to make a decision on an upcoming Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess.

Thanks to all in advance.

I'm confused as to which balconies are either fully covered, partially covered or not covered on Princess ships, specifically the Island Princess and Star Princess. Also, are the balconies on the Caribe deck larger?

I am already booked on the Star Princess for Alaska next month on the Caribe deck so will have to take whatever I'm going to get :) . However, I'm trying to make a decision on an upcoming Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess.

Thanks to all in advance.

Here's my Coral/Island cheat sheet ;)

A209-310,A416-504,A624-722 uncovered

A311-425 and A506-623 covered

B205-217; B701-737 uncovered

B218-309; B416-633 partially covered

B311-427; B622-645 covered

C205-231; C705-726 covered

C232-703 partially covered

C727-728 uncovered

D206-309; D418-502; D624-724 covered

D311-417; D503-623; D725-726 uncovered

E207-310; 624-737 covered

We were on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska in June and had a balcony on the Caribe Deck. We had heard great things about how they were partially covered and partially open. All the comments here on CC were correct. It was an extra large balcony and it was partially covered. It was perfect! Go for Caribe deck if y ou can.

I am booked on the Riveria Deck of the Caribbean Princess and was wondering if the panels that seperate the balconies can be opened. We have 2 rooms booked next to one another and would like to open this up to take advantage of the additional space. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :rolleyes:

I will be on the Carib deck on the Island princess for our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise!! My first time ever in a balcony. I was wondering about smoking. My Dh and I do not smoke, but wonder how smoky will it be if the people on either side are smoking? Any idea of what that will be like? Just wondering if any one knows. Thanks!

Gabrielle

I am booked on the Riveria Deck of the Caribbean Princess and was wondering if the panels that seperate the balconies can be opened. We have 2 rooms booked next to one another and would like to open this up to take advantage of the additional space. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :rolleyes:

A section of the panel between adjoining balconies can be opened IF the cabin steward is willing to do it. I understand it is at his/her discretion.

Enjoy!

I will be on the Carib deck on the Island princess for our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise!! My first time ever in a balcony. I was wondering about smoking. My Dh and I do not smoke, but wonder how smoky will it be if the people on either side are smoking? Any idea of what that will be like? Just wondering if any one knows. Thanks!

Gabrielle

If the people above, below or forward of you smoke, you will likely smell if on your balcony. It will even get into your cabin, with the doors open, if they are really heavy smokers.

My biggest complaint is with the people above you that flick their butts over the side of the ship thinking that they "couldn't possibly land on somebody's balcony".

Enjoy!

Good to know about people that flick butts! I'll make sure my mouthis shut when I look up!:rolleyes: Thanks for the info. I'm hoping that won't be a problem- butts, or heavy smoke. I am looking forward to seeing what it is like on a balcony! I picked it out a year in advance. The onboard rep told me that the Carib balconies were some of the biggests. It will be interesting to see what it is like!

Gabrielle

The Island and Coral are unique balcony situations for Princess ships. We've not travelled yet on either, but this website was very helpful to us for choosing our room.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Hope it helps you as much as us - we settled on B217 for the Island through the Panama Canal (Jan. 2010) - can't wait!!

Deedee

While these photos are of the divider for mini-suite balconies, it'll give you an idea of the door that can be opened. The door is wide enough to pass from one balcony to the other but it's really not large enough to "share" both balconies together.

balconydoor1.jpg.9f9a8ad378854e9855ea0a10df1b39cb.jpg

balconydoor2.jpg.28add002ea0f1aaf909b42c791391981.jpg

Thanks for the information Pam. Hopefully we can have the door opened. On the Carnival Miracle the entire partition seperating the balconies was either removed or folded back exposing the entire balcony to each room.

Archived