For those who wear suits on formal nights

butterfliesfly

I wear a black jacket and either black or dark grey slacks, but you will see many light colored suits and sport coats.

Thank you! Currently he has a light grey suit that fits, but was considering buying a dark one if necessary. He's been working out and his suits are too tight in the arms. :D

For the gentemen who wear suits at formal nights. Do they wear dark suits like navy or black, or do they wear grey or other light colored suits? DH doesn't own a tux, (though each of our sons do, but they won't fit DD) :rolleyes:

If I'm not wearing my Tuxedo I wear a black suit and clericals. I would consider wearing a dark grey suit ... not as light as heather grey, mind you, but charcoal grey. If I were wearing a jacket and slacks combo It would be a black jacket and dark grey slacks. But, I often wear that on smart casual nights, so for me it's a suit or a Tuxedo on Formal Nights.

Most men who don't wear a Tuxedo seem to opt for a dark suit, but not all. I've even seen a man wearing a white suit ... he looked like Mr. Rourke from Fantasy Island. :D

For the gentemen who wear suits at formal nights. Do they wear dark suits like navy or black, or do they wear grey or other light colored suits? DH doesn't own a tux, (though each of our sons do, but they won't fit DD) :rolleyes:

My DH has a very dark navy pin striped suit that he bought at Jos. A. Bank. He looks very handsome in it. He wears a white dress shirt with it, and brings an assortment of ties...all that I chose for him, of course! ;) He's an L. L. Bean kind of guy, so I didn't want to "push it" with a tux. He wears a navy blazer to the ship (and on the plane) so is all set there for smart casual.

I think I've dated that guy.......:D

My husband wears a black suit - the pants double for non-formal nights. Funny coincidence, his suit is also from Jos A Bank.

A great place for suits, liz. We have good friends here who live in Lakewood Ranch in the winter. We've visited them and love Sarasota.

I've even seen a man wearing a white suit ... he looked like Mr. Rourke from Fantasy Island. :D

I don't think I want to see him in that look!

Thanks for the info, I think we need to go buy a new suit, though tonight he said he might just buy a tux!

This is from a guy who wears cowboy boots, go figure! :rolleyes:

A great place for suits, liz. We have good friends here who live in Lakewood Ranch in the winter. We've visited them and love Sarasota.

It is a beautiful place that I never knew existed until about 2 years ago.

The beaches are just gorgeous and nicer than many I've been to in the Caribbean....but don't tell anyone, I think it's still a secret ;)

Last year I got rid of my cruising tux, seems like the dry cleaners had a habit of shrinking it after every cruise:D I bought a classic 3 button black suit that will never go out of style. The suit salesman talked me out of a black tux and suggested I buy the black suit and wear it with a tux shirt and vest as it would look like a tux. On our cruise last year I did this on the captain's dinner formal night and everyone in our party thought I had brought a tux, when I told them I wasn't.:p

Archived