Majesty Questions...

sassy~one

We sailed her about a year ago, and for the cost, the cruise was just fine. Has anyone been on her lately? How about the Freestyle 2.0? The food? Does anyone have a copy of the 'daily' paper? How about the parking, is it best to park close to the ship, or perhaps a hotel with free parking for the week Your gone? thanks sassy~one

http://public.fotki.com/Radio88/norwegian-majesty--/

This should link to recent cruise overview. If not, serarch for 'Live from the Majesty' (or something very similar) posting, or by poster name of Radio. His day-by-day broadcasts were great!

I think regarding parking, it's gonna depend on which port you're sailing out of. For me, parking at Charleston port and Jacksonville port have both been a breeze.

Hi Sassy ~ There's a thread from Coka that talks about the 2.0.. sounds like the extra activities and the champagne have been implemented, but not the new bedding in the cabins.

If you want to arrive a day early, we've stayed at the Holiday Inn River View for $149 with tax and bkfst. and you can leave your car there for the week. They'll shuttle you to the pier for a tip. Their restaurant is on the top, and you can actually see Majesty in the distance. Really nice.

There are quite a few hotels that do this and may be less expensive. For pier parking, you'll pay around $100 for the week. Cash or check.

Another hotel that costs a bit more but where you you'll get happy hour and a great breakfast is Embassy Suites North Charleston. We've stayed there recently and it was lovely. Same deal with leaving your car and they shuttle you, however, there is a small shuttle fee. You'd probably pay $170 with tax.

Sassy, if you decide to use port parking do not use a GPS to get there. We made that mistake in December and ended up asking a port official where the entrance was located. The NCL website gives accurate directions. I believe that the parking was around $100, and it was cash only for the port (have exact cash in hand). We parked in a large warehouse and I wrote down where we parked in that warehouse (made it easy to find our car).

In January we are staying at the Magnolia Inn (B&B) in Summerville, SC for the two days before the cruise, and will be parking at the port again. I felt my car was safe there and now that I know how to find the port...it should be a breeze this time.

Archived