All Things Fascination

Quincella

• 2 months later...
OK.I'll pipe in here. I love the crew on the Fascination...I think it's one of the friendliest. Also, if you want to be in the pool but away from the crowds, go to the aft of the Lido deck and up one deck. Alot quieter up at that pool!

When do you go? Which itinerary? We did a B2B2B on this ship last year and and two 4 day cruises this year.

We're looking at the Fascination again in Jan. when it goes out of Jacksonville. Even tho' I love being able to have a balcony cabin (and you can only get one on the older ships by booking a suite), I'd give up a balcony anytime to sail on this nice ship again.

The Fascination has been refurbished with New extended Balconies. I know because I just booked one, will be sailing in 2 days.:D

2qa1bg2.jpg.9b10d2b6fee9d72360f7723b51873969.jpg

The Fascination has been refurbished with New extended Balconies. I know because I just booked one, will be sailing in 2 days.:D

We just sailed on the Fascination in May in one of the aft extended balcony rooms. LOVED the view, but was a little disappointed that there was no refrigerator or sofa in the room. :cool:

We had a wonderful time on this ship and are looking forward to a return trip soon. Half Moon Cay is absolutely beautiful. One thing we did is to take our own blow up floats from the $ store. These pack flat and saved us from having to pay $9pp to rent floats. DON'T FORGET SPF 50 OR HIGHER SUNSCREEN AND CHAPSTICK BECAUSE YOU WILL BURN!!!!!!!!!:eek: Hope this info helps and have a wonderful time!

Oh yeah, don't forget to try the reubens and turkey club sandwiches ! Yummy! :D

The cat 12,s are very nice, but the cat 11,s are small. I just got off the Fascination two weeks ago and had U80 and it was wonderful. Our friends had V34 and it was so much smaller.

Beverly

12/20/10 - Out of Jax - Never have we done anything outside of PC, but we are looking forward to this one...

We booked a balcony for us, OV for the kids..........

Anyone have any advice?? I started a Roll Call - "SAnta SAiling" on the other board.......

In May, we hade over 200 CC members that we met - HAD A BLAST on the Dream!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the video - the second link did not work but I drooled over the one of Half Moon Cay - two weeks until we sail. Cannot wait! Which Cabana did you have - hoping to get onboard early enough to reserve one for us.

We booked an extended balcony for October - only ship from Fl we could find that would stop in HMC.

Can anyone tell me which cabins have the "extended balconies" :D please ;)

Thanks for posting the video - the second link did not work but I drooled over the one of Half Moon Cay - two weeks until we sail. Cannot wait! Which Cabana did you have - hoping to get onboard early enough to reserve one for us.

Trying it again to see if this works:

We had Cabana 1 (we were the first one to rent one on the ship because mommy was worried they were going to sell out). It was great for being close to the bathroom and food shelter, that said it had a paved walk-way to it (which would be great but everyone tried to use it to get to the beach). If I were to do it again I would pick Cabana #2 or #3 (to avoid having to be rude and tell people to stop trying to walk into my cabana).

Anyone know anything about Cabin V15? That's where we'll be next week. I hear the Verandah deck is quiet, but the balcony is small. Anything else we need to know? Like so many of us, stress level here is through the roof, so we will be so glad to get the heck out of dodge!

Does Fascination have (or going to have) Your Time Dining by the Dec. 20, 2010 sailing date? I thought I heard all Carnival ships would have it, but wasn't sure by when. Thanks!

We are sailing on her next week and it was an option when we selected what time we wanted to dine....so yes it's there!

Enjoy!

Does Fascination have (or going to have) Your Time Dining by the Dec. 20, 2010 sailing date? I thought I heard all Carnival ships would have it, but wasn't sure by when. Thanks!

I've got Your time dining and I'm booked on the Nov 27th sailing.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone have a copy of a recent CCaper for the Fascination 4 day Freeport/Nassau cruise?

Thanks!

When we went there on the Fascination in Oct 2008, I stashed our CCapers in the outside pocket of my checked luggage to take home as souviners but when I got back home I went to get them out to show my MIL and they were missing. I wondered if there were some reason why we couldnt bring them home. For some reason they didn't make it through customs. They were confiscated. Nothing else was missing. We will be going in Oct 2010 again on the Legend but this time I will pack them in my carry-on just in case. My sister just got back from the Dream and hers made it back just fine in her checked luggage.

• 1 month later...

Last year we were scheduled in Nassau until about 9:00 on Thanksgiving. We got back to the ship too late for eating in the dinning room, so I'm not sure what menu they had there. The Lido buffet though had the full Thanksgiving spread and was not bad at all. I have to say that spending all day snorkeling and then returning to have a Thanksgiving meal with your whole family without having to do any cooking or dishes was Fantastic!

Archived